2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

That's just mean to drop a bill like that with no alternative ways of paying:nope:

Yeah, I'm really annoyed. I could also mail them my credit card number, but that just doesn't seem secure in something that's clearly a bill payment. I wish they could just get their act together and charge me the whole thing at the time of the appointment. I know not everyone can pay it all upfront, but at least give me the chance if I'm gonna have to pay it anyway. And now I'm gonna have to keep an eye on my insurance and make sure it goes towards my deductible. All for the "doctor" portion of an ultrasound where no doctor was even involved, and they didn't even bother to send the results to my midwife.... Grrr....

That's really frustrating, MrsK. I'd be super annoyed if they did that to me! You can't expect to get it paid in a timely manner if you're not going to give acceptable options for payment!
My worst pregnancy symptom so far has to be the tiredness. I was exhausted by the end of the work day today, despit getting to sleep in a few minutes later than before. (my shift has been pushed ahead by an hour). Everything else I can deal with, but walking around like a zombie all day is just horrible!

Nausea is hands down the worst thing I've had to deal with in this or any of my pregnancies. Exhaustion isn't great, but nausea is worse. Need to call the nurse tomorrow and seek other options for medication. This is awful!

My nausea has definitely been the worst part of this pregnancy. It's especially the case this time around since it started at 5 weeks and still hasn't let up. I seem to have glimmering hopeful moments of feeling mostly normal, followed by a toothbrushing that knocks me on my backside. I have 5 days of anti-nausea meds left and I'd love to be at the point of going without them. Eating often helps, but what can you eat when nothing sounds good?

I have an appointment in less than an hour. I'm supposed to be hearing the heartbeat today. I'm just so nervous that something will be wrong. There will be so much relief after if I get to hear it as planned.

Good Luck Bucherwurm! I am sure you will hear that amazing little heartbeat :)

Back from my appointment, relaxing for a few minutes at home before I have to go to work.
I got to hear baby! I was worried at first, she couldn't find it. Found the placenta right away, and that was quite loud. She had to look around for a few minutes to find baby, but she did. A quiet little beating heart. I can't believe it. I think she said the rate was 144.
They have the midwives fax number and are sending everything there for my appointment next week. I also got papers for my 20 week ultrasound. I haven't booked it yet, but probably be the last week of September or first week of October!
Now that I've heard the heartbeat we can officially tell people!

Wonderful news Bucherwurm! I'm sure you are on cloud 9.

For the getting up in the middle of the night thing, try limiting your liquid intake after 6 PM and if it is possible don't turn on any lights. I had such a hard time with nightly wake ups with my first pregnancy but I found those 2 things helped.

I felt not entirely exhausted yesterday! So I tried to make dinner and I don't know what possessed me to do it but I made tacos...:sick: the smell of the ground beef cooking was disgusting. I even knew that it was one of my aversions, so I guess my brain just turned off. Luckily DH got home shortly after I put it in the pan so I was able to get out of the stink cloud.

For the getting up in the middle of the night thing, try limiting your liquid intake after 6 PM and if it is possible don't turn on any lights. I had such a hard time with nightly wake ups with my first pregnancy but I found those 2 things helped.

So true about the lights! After I had my first, I learned how important it is to keep lights off lol. We just have a dim night light in our washroom. It's a good idea to keep the lights off when the little one arrives too so they learn when it is night time and daytime.

Ladybrown is there anyway you can work at home to be a SAHM?[/QUOTE]

I am working towards that right now but we will see what happens

I was just talking to DH yesterday about getting a nightlight for the master bathroom. Our bedroom isn't super dark (one of the joys of city life), so there's usually just enough ambient light in the bathroom if I leave the door open, but if DH is still awake, I'd really prefer to keep it closed! Keeping the lights off really helps me get back to sleep.

Bucherwurm, so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Is this the first time? I would have lost my mind waiting til 14 weeks! How did mothers do this 100 years ago?? I wonder if mothers 100 years from now will wonder how we managed with only ultrasounds and doppler.

I'm not suffering too much from all the walking at Ikea yesterday, thankfully. I was worried I'd have really set myself back, but I'm doing pretty good. I feel a little more confident that I can go out and do things without paying for them for weeks.

Mrs K, to answer your question from yesterday, my doctor never mentioned NRT scanning but did mention AFP testing. Said it was optional. Other than that the only questions I had last time were is this baby really in there or am I miscarrying. So, I was just excited to leave knowing my little one's heartbeat was there and that the chance of miscarriage went down! This time I have a LOT more questions!

The only horrible symptom I am having now is the fact that I am CRAVING sweet tarts and I couldn't find them at the grocery store OR at the gas station I went to this afternoon. I ended up getting sweet tart chewables but that is not the same. LOL I guess this is a pretty good horrible symptom.

Since I am a first time mom I am just now starting to realize holy crap, we're having a baby, and I need to prepare. I just went to the goodwill store and bought quite a few baby books. One including baby names since hubby and I are having difficulty on boy names. But like, a baby rocker, pack and play, baby carrier thing, stroller travel system, cribs, blankets, bottles, breast pumps, etc. Plus all the different choices in each category, which one to buy! I mean list just goes on and on and on. I mean how many clothes do I get for newborns and 0-3 months?! Babies born in March so will he/she need a jacket? Husband says wait til after the shower my sister is going to throw me to start buying stuff, but I am NOT a last minute kind of gal! I don't want to be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off getting last minute stuff in February.

Sorry for the rant. I am starting to panic JUST a little. lol

I'm a little freaked out about it all, too. I plan to buy all the furniture myself anyway, and probably the stroller (because I want to find one used if I can). I know I'm getting some things handed down. I'm going to try not to buy anything that doesn't make me go "OMG I need that!!!" before the shower, though, so I don't end up with nothing on the registry, or with 600 newborn onesies ;) If you're stressing, make sure you have the bare minimum to get by with a newborn, and get the rest after the shower.

I have no idea on how much of anything to buy. They say not to buy a lot of newborn stuff, but I don't want to have to do laundry every day because baby spit up on all her clothes, you know? Do babies run big or small in either of your families? That might give you an idea of what size baby you'll have.

Check your insurance, too. I was just reading that US insurance companies have to cover the cost of a breast pump now. You'd just need to get a prescription for one from your doctor.

MrsK, I have definitely heard that about the breast pumps, but apparently, depending on your insurance they will only pay for manual breast pumps, not the regular automatic ones. That's just here in Mississippi at least, not sure about the rest of the states.

Oh, that's a shame! I know a lot of states are not doing so good a job at implementing the new laws :(

If any of you ladies love nail polish (like me!) you should check out the company called Knocked Up Nails. I make videos on YouTube & companies send me free products all the time & they reached out to me & sent me a few polishes. Their polishes are all 5-free maternity safe! Super cool. Plus the name is cute! :)

If any of you ladies love nail polish (like me!) you should check out the company called Knocked Up Nails. I make videos on YouTube & companies send me free products all the time & they reached out to me & sent me a few polishes. Their polishes are all 5-free maternity safe! Super cool. Plus the name is cute! :)

Do they last pretty well? I've been making sure to use at least 3-free polish (I don't have any 4 or 5-free), and I wouldn't mind buying some 5-free, but my nails chip basically instantly.

Do they last pretty well? I've been making sure to use at least 3-free polish (I don't have any 4 or 5-free), and I wouldn't mind buying some 5-free, but my nails chip basically instantly.

Yes they do! I'm a nail polish fanatic. I've tried literally every brand & this brand is one of my favorites now! They are on the pricier side, $10 per bottle... but you get what you pay for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->