2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow seems to have started to go fast now family and friends know :) hopefully find out the Gender 17th October x

So my 12 week appointment is on Wednesday and I am starting to worry a bit. I have no reason for it really. I just keep thinking what if there is no heartbeat. Even though there was a heartbeat at last appointment and the miscarriage rate goes down to 5%. I still worry. I know it's a bit silly since there are no bad signs.

Good luck at your appointment, ISD!

And congrats on the baby girl Mummy3! You have probably mentioned this already, but how many girls and how many boys do you already have? I can't wait 6 more weeks to find out who is in there! I think girl for me as well.

Yay for starting to find out genders! I am still undecided as to whether we will find out or not. We found out the last 2 times, and with our history we really just want to make it to term and have a take home baby. On the other hand, I *hate* surprises and I am a planner, so it may kill me to not find out...

lsd, I think that happens to all of us. I remember being completely oblivious to potential problems with DS but I still had minor panic attacks as we got closer to appointments as I would all of a sudden worry something was wrong. We love our bubbas so much already it would be really hard to get bad news. Chances are though that everything will be completely fine and you will come away more excited than before.

Also, for clothes & accessories, if you know anyone who has had a baby recently they will probably be grateful to let you borrow some of their stuff! That is what happens here anyway, you announce and then people try giving you stuff to clear up space. And people tend to give clothes at showers (in addition to their actual 'gift') because they just thought it was too cute to pass up.

If anyone is hard up for stuff I'm sure I could mail some to ya! LOL I have a dresser full of neutral clothes from newborn to 12 months and about 4 boxes of stuff that I haven't even gone through yet. We lent out all of our boys clothes and got back at least twice as much.

MrsK, my dad's side is Lithuanian. I was wondering if you were when you mentionned before picking a Lithuanian name... not a very well known country, although with the basketball team and guys going pro it is becoming more well known. Jonas is pronounced Yonus. :flower:

Bucherwurm, that's brilliant:happydance: Have fun announcing!!

Sorry theres still a lot of nausea :( I cant imagine going without the meds!

Ladybrown, I hope it works out so you can stay home:thumbup:

Baby buying is so confusing! Esp the first time! I would at least have some newborn or even preemie ready just incase baby is on the smaller side. My last 2 haven't got into newborn until about 4 months at least.

MrsK, that's good you didn't have to pay for the IKEA outing:thumbup:

I finally got my tooth letter sorted with the OB so can get that fixed:happydance: We also got our panorama results!!!! Baby came back low risk for everything:happydance: and I was totally right about gender (after 5 kids I guess its easy lol)

We're TEAM PINK :happydance::cloud9::pink:

How fantastic that you know you're team pink already! How exciting! So glad to hear that everything is low risk too! :happydance:

Beautiful bump, Teilana!

CoffeePuffin, 2 days! So exciting! Congratulations!

MrsK, my dad's side is Lithuanian. I was wondering if you were when you mentionned before picking a Lithuanian name... not a very well known country, although with the basketball team and guys going pro it is becoming more well known. Jonas is pronounced Yonus. :flower:

I'm Lithuanian on my mother's side (mostly Irish on my father's, but he died when I was young and his family is across the country, so I got the Lithuanian side more, culturally), and DH's mother is Lithuanian and his father is half Lithuanian. I think it's pretty funny that in a big city like Chicago, I found another Lithuanian! I couldn't marry someone who didn't appreciate sauerkraut and kugelis... Of course, we're both a couple generations in, so we're basically American, with some special holiday foods. I think it's pretty funny that when I got married, I actually picked up a more accurate last name ;)

Also, for clothes & accessories, if you know anyone who has had a baby recently they will probably be grateful to let you borrow some of their stuff! That is what happens here anyway, you announce and then people try giving you stuff to clear up space. And people tend to give clothes at showers (in addition to their actual 'gift') because they just thought it was too cute to pass up.
:flower:

Yes! It is really handy if you know someone who has had a baby about a year before you and doesn't plan on another for a year. A friend of mine and I are on opposite years for babies and we share the bassinette, exersaucers etc. It's very helpful because it's not fun finding places to store that stuff between babies either :)

I'm Lithuanian on my mother's side (mostly Irish on my father's, but he died when I was young and his family is across the country, so I got the Lithuanian side more, culturally), and DH's mother is Lithuanian and his father is half Lithuanian. I think it's pretty funny that in a big city like Chicago, I found another Lithuanian! I couldn't marry someone who didn't appreciate sauerkraut and kugelis... Of course, we're both a couple generations in, so we're basically American, with some special holiday foods. I think it's pretty funny that when I got married, I actually picked up a more accurate last name ;)

My DH is swiss/italian, so he had no idea what he was in for! lol The first time he had kugelis blew his mind. He said he had no idea potatoes could taste like that (he especially likes frying slices of leftover in butter the next day). My dad's side of the family all lives within a 10 minute drive of each other, so a lot of our family functions involve that side.

Mmmm, kugelis.... As soon as it gets cold enough to want to spend that much time in the kitchen, I'm gonna pretend to have a Massive Pregnancy Craving and see if DH will make me some. I think I need to surprise him with one of the cool Lithuanian potato graters.

Since I hit some weird temperature shift last week and I'm finally starting to understand what everyone always said about pregnant women being so hot all the time (I'm perpetually cold usually), I'm actually kind of almost looking forward to fall. Nice crisp days, and we can make kugelis and bacon buns!

Good luck for the wedding coffee puffin and good luck for the scan lsd!

Menelly sounds like you will be the next to know gender for sure - exciting stuff!

I've started with these crazy headaches the last few days. Nothing seems to shift them at all - fluids, sleep, Tylenol... Anyone got any suggestions I'm starting to feel a bit desperate!

Lilfooshfoosh and mrs k ... I just had to google what a kugelis was... That sounds like one tasty treat!!

Mrs k did you check out walmart for shorts in the end? Hope you got some :)

DrMum, I've been getting terrible headaches as well, my doc said it is probably from the increased blood volume. I don't remember it with my others, but nothing is working for me either. I just end up lying down. If I get up too fast or go up the stairs too fast it gets really bad. I don't have any suggestions, but would love to hear them if someone else has any!

Lilfooshfoosh and mrs k ... I just had to google what a kugelis was... That sounds like one tasty treat!!

Mrs k did you check out walmart for shorts in the end? Hope you got some :)

It's a pain to make, but it's delicious!

A friend of mine suggested Kohls, and I ordered both of their longer styles, and they came yesterday. Miracle of miracles, they both work! I'm resisting the urge to order six more pairs - I really don't need more than 2 pairs of maternity shorts for a week long cruise. I never would have thought of Kohls, I'm so glad she suggested it. Ordered a few other things, including two cute tunic tops that have to go back because they're totally see-through. How does that kind of stuff even get made? Who sat down and approved a transparent shirt??? It's so frustrating. If I'm wearing a tank top, it's because it's hot, and I don't want to wear six layers!

I wish I had some headache help suggestions. I've gotten a few, but usually having something to eat and a Tylenol gets rid of them. They say that there are some vision changes in pregnancy, and I do wonder if maybe that's a factor. I got a lot of bad headaches before I started wearing glasses. I should try to find out if the vision changes are consistent through pregnancy or if your eyes are changing all the time. The books all say to just deal with it because it'll go back to normal, but it would be worth the $100 for me to have the right glasses for the pregnancy if I knew they'd last til the end.

Hey all, have any of u ever been for a gender scan @ 16week? I found one for £40 and would love to book one. I would be 16week in just over 3week , but how reliable is it because I don't want to pay if I'm not gonna get to find out? I emailed the company too see if maybe they offer a free rescan in those cases where they cnt see.

It seems like they're pretty reliable at that point. All the places I've looked at offer a free re-scan, so they must be confident! I'm thinking about getting one a few days past 15 weeks, and I'll be sure to report back.

My second Bump Box came today. I'm not convinced I'm getting any kind of bargain with them, but they're fun, so I'm gonna keep it up. This one came with a tub of fancy lime, basil, and mandarin goats milk and honey lotion (I'm usually oily, but I've been drying out, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Smells nice but not too strong), three of those fancy hair ties (gonna see if SIL wants them because my hair is short, but they're cute), Bundle Organics dark berries and veggies juice (hope it's good! It can go in smoothies if I don't like it as is), and a copy of It's Really Ten Months, which I was considering buying anyway.

Hey all, have any of u ever been for a gender scan @ 16week? I found one for £40 and would love to book one. I would be 16week in just over 3week , but how reliable is it because I don't want to pay if I'm not gonna get to find out? I emailed the company too see if maybe they offer a free rescan in those cases where they cnt see.

I had a scan at 14 weeks with DS, not even for gender, and he was just sitting there, legs wide open! Even the sonographer kind of stopped and said, ermmm you did WANT to know the gender, didn't you?! You couldn't miss his boy bits! So by 16 weeks you should be well and truly reliable I think!

mummysmurf- I am taking the plunge and having a private gender scan at 15 +1 weeks. I am nervous that it will be too early, but the ultrasound tech seemed really confident. My appt is next Saturday, the 13th, so I will definitely let you know how it goes :happydance:

coffeepuffin- Congrats on the wedding! Two days is soon!

MrsK- Did Khols have a good selection of maternity? I feel like I am recycling the same 3-4 outfits, and it's getting old. I am think about shopping a bit this weekend.

I thought they had decent selection online. I haven't looked in store. I mostly shopped summer stuff, though (trying to get stuff for the cruise before it's all gone), so I can't tell you what their fall selection is like. I guess you don't get much fall in San Diego anyway, though, huh? Just don't order this tunic, it's completely see-through: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1691107/oh-baby-by-motherhood-striped-babydoll-tunic-maternity.jsp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->