2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

can't remmber who was dealing with cystic acne, but I had a friend once who had that and she swore up and down by ProActiv.. its a regimen of salicylic acid, a toner and benzyl peroxide. other than that.. sorry :(

You can't do salicylic acid while pregnant, unfortunately :( I think benzyl peroxide is safe.

I started reading It's Really 10 Months, and it's just depressing me. It's the emails that three friends who were all pregnant at the same time sent each other, and so much of it is these beautiful women getting down on themselves about how fat and gross and disgusting they are, and how one lady's boobs got up to a DD (They thought that was, like, the Biggest Boob Size Ever) and their stomachs are so huge and it makes them want to throw up in their mouths. One of them at 8 or 9 months pregnant refused to let her husband even see her naked. I know there are a lot of insecurities related to pregnancy, and I know I'll have moments where I'm not exactly feeling beautiful, but I really wanted to slap them and say "You're growing people, you idiots!!!" and then send them off to group therapy. There is a person inside you, of course you're getting bigger!

I don't know what is up with me today but I have been *starving*!! This is the list of stuff I had eaten before noon:

a bowl of cereal with milk
a hardboiled egg
a slice of raisin bread- toasted
a single serving yogurt (peach)
a single serving cottage cheese
1 tomato diced
approx 15 olives
granola bar

And I am still hungry! WTF... every time my coworker has come over I have been eating something :blush:

btw the tomato & olives were a sort of greek salad (with greek feta dressing), I didn't just eat a whole tomato and then half a jar of olives... but essentially yes that is what I did. omg lol

...and to be completely honest the 'salad' aspect was just to make me feel better about eating all those olives

I've had those days, too. Poor DH, when we were going to Ikea, the plan was to get there and eat right away. It's about an hour drive. He mentioned that he needed to stop at the Home Depot by the house first to get some wood for the smoker and get the smoker set up, and I told him in that case, I needed to grab a snack. He looked very confused and a little annoyed and asked what difference half an hour would make. I told him he'd understand when he got pregnant :D

I started reading It's Really 10 Months, and it's just depressing me. It's the emails that three friends who were all pregnant at the same time sent each other, and so much of it is these beautiful women getting down on themselves about how fat and gross and disgusting they are, and how one lady's boobs got up to a DD (They thought that was, like, the Biggest Boob Size Ever) and their stomachs are so huge and it makes them want to throw up in their mouths. One of them at 8 or 9 months pregnant refused to let her husband even see her naked. I know there are a lot of insecurities related to pregnancy, and I know I'll have moments where I'm not exactly feeling beautiful, but I really wanted to slap them and say "You're growing people, you idiots!!!" and then send them off to group therapy. There is a person inside you, of course you're getting bigger!

I hate these too! They thought DD was the biggest boobs ever?! haha Without a pregnancy I'm a size G! So far my bras are still fitting and I hope that stays the case! haha. But yea, we're creating life here, why are some women so stuck on how "fat" they are. It's not fat in there, it's a human being! :)

So I have started to read some parenting books and some pregnancy/labor books and feeling much less stressed about everything. I'm going to try and prepare as best as possible and relax for the rest of the pregnancy! Plus I signed DH and I up for pregnancy/labor/child bonding classes for the month of October. So I should be prepared! :)

What books have you liked? I'm still stuck in pregnancy book mode, I haven't really gotten into parenting books yet, but I guess I need to think about it. SIL did give me a copy of The Happiest Baby on the Block, and it seems to make sense, but I also kind of feel like they made a whole book out of what could have been covered pretty thoroughly in 20 pages or so.

I'm exciting for classes! I know there's a required birth class, and SIL wants to send us to a cloth diapering class that they found useful. There's a babywearing class there, too, but they said that one wasn't as useful, and I know I like the carrier they have, so I may just do a wrap of some sort for tiny baby and then buy one a Tula when baby's bigger. Maybe I'll just buy theirs, I think nephew will be due for an upgrade to the toddler carrier by March. I really feel like I need some sort of basic "How to keep your baby alive" class, too. I really don't know how to work tiny babies, and since my nephew was a preemie and in the nicu for so long, I don't think I can just frantically text SIL with questions about the newborn phase.

can't remmber who was dealing with cystic acne, but I had a friend once who had that and she swore up and down by ProActiv.. its a regimen of salicylic acid, a toner and benzyl peroxide. other than that.. sorry :(

You can't do salicylic acid while pregnant, unfortunately :( I think benzyl peroxide is safe.

It's true, I don't think you can use salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide during pregnancy. Plus I have tried Proactive in the past and it didn't work for me. I bought a few more natural things from LUSH that seem to be finally starting to work, one uses tea tree oil which is safe. Also, I gave my makeup brushes a really good wash. I'm not "vain" but my skin has always been an insecurity for me, even more than my weight - I was on prescription acne meds, which are unsafe for pregnancy (nothing so harsh as Acutane, but still stuff I couldn't stay on).

As for "all that food I ate before lunch" it doesn't sound like THAT much, and you made healthy choices, so don't beat yourself up over it!

What books have you liked? I'm still stuck in pregnancy book mode, I haven't really gotten into parenting books yet, but I guess I need to think about it. SIL did give me a copy of The Happiest Baby on the Block, and it seems to make sense, but I also kind of feel like they made a whole book out of what could have been covered pretty thoroughly in 20 pages or so.

I'm exciting for classes! I know there's a required birth class, and SIL wants to send us to a cloth diapering class that they found useful. There's a babywearing class there, too, but they said that one wasn't as useful, and I know I like the carrier they have, so I may just do a wrap of some sort for tiny baby and then buy one a Tula when baby's bigger. Maybe I'll just buy theirs, I think nephew will be due for an upgrade to the toddler carrier by March. I really feel like I need some sort of basic "How to keep your baby alive" class, too. I really don't know how to work tiny babies, and since my nephew was a preemie and in the nicu for so long, I don't think I can just frantically text SIL with questions about the newborn phase.

Well, I went to the Goodwill store and bought 4 books. Your Baby's First Year (The American Academy of Pediatrics), Your Pregnancy and Childbirth Month to Month, What to Expect The First Year, and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate With Your Baby. I also love Supernanny, Jo Frost, so I bought her book Confident Baby Care. I started reading Jo Frost's book and the Baby Whisperer book and they of course make sense but spell out a few things to help maybe make things smoother.

I took my 14 week picture today, and I didn't think I would notice a difference, but there was definitely growth in 2 weeks!

Also, I went to Ross today and got a steal! I got maternity leggings, a maxi skirt, 5 shirts, 2 tank tops, and a bra for under $100! I'm very excited for new clothes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
That bump is really coming along, Alyssa!

Has anyone heard anything from their doctors about gel manicures? It seems from googling like they're safe, but you should be careful with the removal because you have to soak them in acetone. I usually don't bother with them because they're such a pain to remove, but I can think of a couple times when I might want a longer lasting manicure during this pregnancy. I have the kit to do them at home, so I can control ventilation easily.

I'm totally going to need baby classes, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Obviously I know to change them when they are soiled and burp them after eating, but I don't really know the technique on how to do anything. I will be so nervous to have a brand new baby, I want to know as much as possible.
I grew up around animals and I was still a nervous wreck when we brought home our first puppy! Can't imagine how it will be with a baby.

While classes are great and I recommend them, I think the best thing to do is get together with a few couples you know that have babies and ask them to tell you everything and not to hold back. A lot of instructors have older kids and don't have a fresh memory of stuff that new parents do. Even reading through the baby forum on here will help prepare you. And remember that your baby has not read all these books and will most likely try to throw you for a loop lol!

I'll make sure to read the books to baby ;)

I don't know many local couples with babies, unfortunately. I have mom friends with babies and toddlers, but they're all in other states. Thank god for the internet.

As for books.. I liked the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. It's pretty funny and very informative, especially on some of the less glamorous effects of pregnancy. And yeah, books about women that trash themselves over their weight gain and boob size (Im a DD when non-pregnant also... and judging by my sister and moms boobs, Ill probably have Costco sized watermelon jugs by the end lol) those books/attitide irritate me also. This book barely touches on that type of attitude, even though she is normally a fit, itty-bitty-titty woman when not pregnant. For the most part, I found her candor refreshing and her outlook was pretty positive and not into trashing oneself. try it out, i got my copy from a used book store

and btw.. I had no idea about salicylic acid! I knew retinyl palmitate is not good.. the list just keeps getting longer on the no-no's ....

I know it was mentioned a few pages back, but I just googled Kugelis, and OMG. I. Want. Some. NOW!! I'm definitely saving that recipe and giving it a try in the next few weeks!
So I've been put on an antibiotic for 10 days, in order to deal with a BV infection (think over active bad bacteria in the lady bits, sorry TMI) which totally surprised me as I've had no symptoms. But apparently that's how that infection works for most women. The meds have thrown my tummy for a loop, just when i had finally seemed to put most of the MS behind me. Also, its been making me ridiculously bloated and gassy. It's a good thing I work with children! I try to be as discrete as possible when releasing the gas, however if a coworker comes close and smells it, I usually just blame it on one of the children. I know, I know. It's horrible to do, but I don't see many other options! Thankfully I've only had to do it once, and I'm on day three of the antibiotics.
The last few days I've been transferred at work to one of our satellite sites, as they're refinishing the gym floor at work. The smell has been horrible. They've relocated all four of us pregnant women until next Tuesday, when all the work will be done and the smell should be gone.

Yeah, there's no end to the list, is there! Luckily, most of the bad stuff is only really bad with continued use. Even Big Bad Alcohol isn't a big deal if you're just having an occasional small drink.

I know it was mentioned a few pages back, but I just googled Kugelis, and OMG. I. Want. Some. NOW!! I'm definitely saving that recipe and giving it a try in the next few weeks!
So I've been put on an antibiotic for 10 days, in order to deal with a BV infection (think over active bad bacteria in the lady bits, sorry TMI) which totally surprised me as I've had no symptoms. But apparently that's how that infection works for most women. The meds have thrown my tummy for a loop, just when i had finally seemed to put most of the MS behind me. Also, its been making me ridiculously bloated and gassy. It's a good thing I work with children! I try to be as discrete as possible when releasing the gas, however if a coworker comes close and smells it, I usually just blame it on one of the children. I know, I know. It's horrible to do, but I don't see many other options! Thankfully I've only had to do it once, and I'm on day three of the antibiotics.
The last few days I've been transferred at work to one of our satellite sites, as they're refinishing the gym floor at work. The smell has been horrible. They've relocated all four of us pregnant women until next Tuesday, when all the work will be done and the smell should be gone.

Hahaha! I'd blame it on the kids, too!

If you try kugelis and you're very tired, keep in mind that it's traditional for the men in the family to grate all those potatoes ;) Also, especially when you're new to making it, sometimes the potatoes go gray while you're grating. Faster is always tastier, but the gray kugelis is still ok to eat.

Had scan on Tuesday which was bang on 13 weeks. Heard the dreaded words I am really sorry but I don't see a heartbeat. She got her colleague in to double check and she agreed. I asked for another scan to make sure again later that day and it was definite. Baby measured 10 and a half weeks. Had surgical management next day. Very sad and stunned, but will be trying again after next cycle. God bless you all x

Oh im so sorry hun. I hope you get a bfp soon after!!

:wave:

Elimali, I'm so so sorry hun:hugs:

CoffeePuffin, wedding today!!!:happydance: Good luck hun, have a lovely day:flower:

DrMum, thanks! Need to get thinking of more girlie gaelic names, feel free to keep adding:winkwink:

Menelly, not long:baby: Mine took 10days total for them to get to the OB, they actually sent to her the sunday before labour day and then I chased her on Wednesday lol. Cant wait to hear what you're having:happydance:

Teilani and Alyssa, gorgeous bumps:cloud9: Those are some good deals on Mat clothes. I think I need to get some soon, no bump but my hips seem wider and lower stomach harder and 'thicker'. Anyone else in that inbetween stage?

Talking of food, how many have 'eyes bigger than belly'? I always think I'm starving, order or make a huge amount and then get full to feeling sick less than a quarter in:dohh:

Yay for new stroller!! I haven't seen the oyster over here, it looks great though:thumbup:

Its crazy here, hubby's picked up a new contract so its looking like we're going to have to hire another couple people and get a bigger office, great in terms of security but a serious stress!! Thinking to go test double strollers and look at cars tomorrow to get an idea of what we want:wacko:

Oh and 15/16 weeks is good for gender and they always let you come back for free so all good:baby:

Trying to add some pics

Attachments

• IMAG3313.jpg
    IMAG3313.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG3310.jpg
    IMAG3310.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG3314.jpg
    IMAG3314.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 7
...ridiculously bloated and gassy. It's a good thing I work with children! I try to be as discrete as possible when releasing the gas, however if a coworker comes close and smells it, I usually just blame it on one of the children. I know, I know. It's horrible to do, but I don't see many other options!

That is so funny, but you know... kid farts smell a lot different than adult farts lol Im sure you aren't fooling anyone haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->