2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

About child birth classes, i waited until almost 36 weeks with my first to take a 5 week course and only made it to the first class! Daughter was born at 36+2. I managed just fine. I think it really helped being part of a pregnancy forum and reading birth stories and all that. I think every one of us will do just fine. :)

Had scan on Tuesday which was bang on 13 weeks. Heard the dreaded words I am really sorry but I don't see a heartbeat. She got her colleague in to double check and she agreed. I asked for another scan to make sure again later that day and it was definite. Baby measured 10 and a half weeks. Had surgical management next day. Very sad and stunned, but will be trying again after next cycle. God bless you all x

So sorry to hear that :( hope your ok

Had scan on Tuesday which was bang on 13 weeks. Heard the dreaded words I am really sorry but I don't see a heartbeat. She got her colleague in to double check and she agreed. I asked for another scan to make sure again later that day and it was definite. Baby measured 10 and a half weeks. Had surgical management next day. Very sad and stunned, but will be trying again after next cycle. God bless you all x

Absolutely devastated for you! Take care of yourself and hopefully you will get pregnant next cycle if you feel ready! x

Well im relieved to be done with packing. Though I keep crying. The movers came two days ago and the house is empty. I think its normal being so hormonal but poor hubby is thinking he did something wrong. We leave in less than ten days for Florida. Aaaaahhhh.. I am afraid yet excited. FX that the future house is bigger and single story. Other than that ms has come back with a vengeance. Also having severe butt pain on one side that never goes away.
Craving for the week: anything with tomatoes and anything cheesy.

So sorry :( :hugs:

...ridiculously bloated and gassy. It's a good thing I work with children! I try to be as discrete as possible when releasing the gas, however if a coworker comes close and smells it, I usually just blame it on one of the children. I know, I know. It's horrible to do, but I don't see many other options!

That is so funny, but you know... kid farts smell a lot different than adult farts lol Im sure you aren't fooling anyone haha

:haha: I know. But it makes me feel better when I have someone else to blame it on, even if no one believes me! One child actually caught me passing gas the other day, and walked around calling me a "Tooter!!". He Meade sure everyone knew! :haha:

Elimeli, I'm so sort to hear about your loss. Stay strong, and make sure you get support from those around you. :hugs:

About child birth classes, i waited until almost 36 weeks with my first to take a 5 week course and only made it to the first class! Daughter was born at 36+2. I managed just fine. I think it really helped being part of a pregnancy forum and reading birth stories and all that. I think every one of us will do just fine. :)

So true, we all have mother's intuition for a reason :)

I hope you ladies are right on the instinct thing.

It looks like I'm the new Saturday morning babysitter for my nephew. He's a little cranky today, but even in his cranky moods he's a pretty good baby. He looks like he really wants to start crawling, so we'll have tons of fun once he's running around everywhere and I'm the size of a house. It'll be good practice for when the little duckling is here, at least.

Elimeli I am so sorry for your loss! Please find support from those around you! :hugs:

Anyone planning on breast feeding and have any tips? I didnt have any help with my son and I could never get him to latch on. Ive been thinking about it way too much lately because I really want to be successful at it.

I don't have any breastfeeding tips, but I'd also love to hear any that anyone here has.

I went to the thrift store today and found a black fleece cape for $5. It's a little silly (you should have seen DH's face when I told him I bought a cape), but none of my fall jackets will fit well by the time fall comes around, and the cape will be nice and roomy up until it's too cold to wear it.

I came very close to buying a floor model Dutalier glider that was really reduced at Babies R Us, too, but they didn't have the ottoman, and I didn't want to deal with finding the matching one later.

I don't have any breastfeeding tips, but I'd also love to hear any that anyone here has.

I went to the thrift store today and found a black fleece cape for $5. It's a little silly (you should have seen DH's face when I told him I bought a cape), but none of my fall jackets will fit well by the time fall comes around, and the cape will be nice and roomy up until it's too cold to wear it.

I came very close to buying a floor model Dutalier glider that was really reduced at Babies R Us, too, but they didn't have the ottoman, and I didn't want to deal with finding the matching one later.

Love the whole cape thing. My hubby would probably laugh too. But id know it would be only out of jealousy of course.

The biggest breastfeeding tip I ever got was "point the nipple at the roof of baby's mouth". You'd think it'd be like a bottle, where you point the nipple to the back of the mouth, but nope! It has to hit the roof of the mouth for them to get a proper latch! I stopped having real latching problems once I learned that.

Second, learn the signs of tongue tie and (IMO) find someone local who'll clip a tongue tie BEFORE birth if you can. You don't want to be on day 4 of screaming bloody murder with a baby who can't latch making phone calls trying to find someone. (Trust me on this.)

My suggestions for breast feeding are to feed the baby as quickly as you can after the birth. Also, the whole feeding every two hours that people say newborns do is a lie! They cluster feed almost immediately, and can eat almost constantly. If your baby is very lethargic and losing weight, you need a hospital grade pump to help your milk come in. Anything you pump, you can give to your baby with a tiny cup or spoon. When they have enough energy they will be able to feed better. Also have your baby checked for tongue and/or lip tie. If you can, find a lactation consultant before you deliver and have her number handy for after the delivery. The first few days are the most important and you will need all the support you can get. I had a very hard time with supply last time because I had very little support after the delivery. You really have to demand it. I even took a breast feeding course and it didn't prepare me at all. But I plan I do it again, and will be so much better prepared this time! Good luck to all of you who plan to bf!

Also, get prepared! Have a comfy chair (gliders are best IMO), snacks your can easily eat with one hand, and a large bottle of water all within reach. Tell your so's to pamper you and cater to you! I can't emphasize that enough. My little one always decided she was hungry just as I was about to eat dinner and I found that so hard. At least this time, I will be comfortable feeding at the table or anywhere haha. Don't hide away when you have visitors either. It will make you depressed if you have to go feed a baby in your room and you can hear everyone chatting and laughing in another room. I have a few regrets with how I did things with my first if you can't tell lol!

Thanks for the tips, ladies! I feel strongly about breastfeeding, but it's a little intimidating. All the books say "It's the most natural thing ever!!!!" or "It sucks! Do it for a week, then get some formula." And so many of the moms I know struggled - one friend had too much pain, so she switched to pumping, then her doctor had her switch to formula because she was making "skim milk" and baby wasn't growing enough. Can you imagine??

another tip: my grandma told me it hurts like hell to nurse and to start prepping your nipples with a washcloth or something to toughen them up for the baby several weeks/months before birth

also, as this is my first.. what is tongue tie and why would it have to be clipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->