2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm sorry to hear that, Menelly :(

I'm going to try to book a private gender scan for a week from today. I'm just waiting on DH so I know what time to schedule it. It's $59 at all three places I looked at, but big variations in what you get. One gives you a single photo, one gives you a bunch and a cd of the images. The place we chose has a Monday special where they upgrade you to the extra special gender package for free. I think it's just more photos and a few more minutes of ultrasound. They're all in 2D but they give you a quick peek in 3D. I think they want to tempt you into coming back later for more.

DH's boss has him doubting finding out, but he's still ok with it, and I'd put my foot down if he wasn't. This is the one thing I'm very firm about. There's so much stress we can avoid if we know. I don't want to argue boy names and figure out circumcision just to end up with a girl.

Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly, but I can not seem to find the baby's heartbeat with my Doppler. I can hear my own and I can hear the swishing sound that is from what I read, the placenta. Any tips or tricks? Of course, I'm thinking the worst! :(

I only have 5 more days until my gender ultrasound! I am beyond anxious! Mine includes 15-20 mins of 3D/4D, a DVD, a CD with 20 pictures, and 12 prints for $95. I think it's actually a great price. I am starting to feel doubtful about my "intuition". This whole time I have had in the back of my head that it is a little boy. I have even caught myself a few times almost saying our little man. This last week though, I have started thinking that maybe it is a girl! I have had a couple people tell me they think it is a girl too. So now I am torn. We will obviously be happy either way, but now I am nervous!

As for the breast feeding, I had a really tough time at first. I had a C-section, and my twins were taken into the NICU since they were 6 weeks early. The doctors wouldn't let me feed them, because they were so small, they didn't want them burning any calories trying to eat. I had to pump from the very beginning and my supply came in great. It was about 2 weeks later that they let me start breast feeding, but the girls were already getting my milk from a bottle for about a week. This made it difficult for them to want to latch. I used a nipple shield, to give them the "feel" of a bottle nipple, and that worked for a little bit. They came home at 3 weeks, and I alternated pumping and breast feeding, because I was paranoid that they weren't getting enough. When my husband went back to work, it was really hard for me to get them set up for feedings at the same time. Of course they were always hungry at the same time too, so I continued to alternate pumping and feeding. Of course my situation is very unique, so I don't know how helpful it was. But if anyone has trouble with latching, you could try a nipple shield. It hits further back in the baby's mouth and initiates sucking.

Alyssaandjosh, I can't even imagine trying to breastfeed twins! That would be sooooo hard! One baby eats non stop, how on earth can anyone keep up with two?! Good job to you for doing it though!

Thanks NellyLou! It really was hard. I am grateful that they were my first kids, so I didn't know any different. I am great at multi-tasking lol. My biggest pat on the back moment was when I was breastfeeding one baby and changed the other one's diaper simultaneously. It was a proud moment lol. When I fed both at the same time, the boppy pillow and football hold were my best friend. Getting it set up on my own was the hardest part. I am definitely looking forward to breastfeeding a singleton this time.

Thanks NellyLou! It really was hard. I am grateful that they were my first kids, so I didn't know any different. I am great at multi-tasking lol. My biggest pat on the back moment was when I was breastfeeding one baby and changed the other one's diaper simultaneously. It was a proud moment lol. When I fed both at the same time, the boppy pillow and football hold were my best friend. Getting it set up on my own was the hardest part. I am definitely looking forward to breastfeeding a singleton this time.

That is impressive! I really want to learn how to breastfeed in a wrap/carrier this time. I think it would make things easier!!!

You sound like a superhero to me Alyssa! A singleton is going to be a breeze got you!!!!

alyssa, Im getting a scan tomorrow at the ultrasound experience.. Im guessing thats where you are going too. Thanks again for the referral, the cost is excellent

Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly, but I can not seem to find the baby's heartbeat with my Doppler. I can hear my own and I can hear the swishing sound that is from what I read, the placenta. Any tips or tricks? Of course, I'm thinking the worst! :(

I have to put the wand up a little higher on my belly now to find it (not down at the hairline anymore), about midway between belly button & hairline. I have some "padding" so I have to press down a little, but not hard enough that it hurts. I turn the volume all the way up and move slowly. I can hear wooshing sounds on either side nearer the ovaries and going slowly between those two spots searching with the wand directed towards my tailbone I can usually find it. I still have trouble sometimes and sometimes I get it just faintly. I hope that helps

Swampmaiden- Oh yay! Yeah that is where I am going on Saturday! I am sure you will love seeing your little bean!

We went back to Ikea today. Last weekend was a research mission. We bought a bed with a good headboard that I think will be good for reading in bed, sitting up if I have heartburn, and sitting up to breastfeed. I hope I'm right! Also some bookcases and a cabinet, and we picked out a light fixture we love for our back hallway that we'll get next time. They had one that would be so sweet in a girl's room, so we'll go get that if it's a girl, too. We're trying to get all those projects we've been putting off for three years done before the baby is here.

Our little hatchback is amazing. I can't believe how much furniture we crammed in here!

Hey, trying to catch up! It moves so fast here!

If anyone wants breastfeeding tips/support, I can pretty much cover everything, between my 5, I've breastfed for about 9 years:wacko: I aim for 2 years and usually they self wean then anyway due to either pregnancy or just ready. I've done feeding right away for my first, if you can do that I recommend it. My older 2 were 35 weekers so I was able to stay and feed them while they were in NICU so it was relatively easy sailing. The first time and for about the first 3 months, I wont lie, it is hard. It takes time and perseverance to get the perfect latch and to get used to babies patterns and growth spurt, babies cluster and its not 2 hourly for sure but at the same time don't be surprised if baby feeds less in the first few days. After 3months I found it easy and convenient and as they get older more so:thumbup:

The next 3 were 33, 32+3 and 31+4, they were taken from me immediately, the last sent to a different hospital. In this situation, and you never know so helps to be prepared, the best advice I can give is to start pumping as soon as possible. The double hospital medula ones are best. Then after about 34 weeks, babies start to get their suck reflex, at this time its important to offer the breast as much as possible prior to either bottle or NG top ups, it will take a week or 2 usually to get this established. Then when home I go straight to feeding on demand (I'm experienced here with preemies, NICU will give advice upon extra calories).

I second looking out for tongue ties, my youngest had one cut at about 2 months old, the latch was more painful than usual.

Then there may be times where it just doesn't work for a lot of different reasons, pain, infection, medications. In these cases it can be devastating but the most important thing is baby and mom are happy! My little guy has eosinophilic esophagitis, he was at the point that he was literally allergic to my milk even though I cut out pretty much every possible trigger from my diet (milk,eggs,soy,bananas..) he lives solely on a specialized formula and is now thriving:cloud9:

Wow that was long :/ Off to go read more now!

Nelly, love that style!! Pics when you do it:thumbup:

Cute bumps!! Is everyone in maternity now?

Any new cravings? I'm having a lot of mint icecream, cant stand the stuff usually:wacko:

WTG trying IKEA again MrsK!! Sounds like a very productive visit though.

Menelly :( That sucks:hugs:

Anyone else feeling movements now? I feel my little girl is very busy in there!! Always feels like she's punching lol

Yay for more scans coming up!! Cant wait for pics and genders:happydance:

I have perinatology on Friday, have to be there by 7.15am:sleep:

Tomorrow I have to spend the day at childrens hospital with my 5 year old, not sure how that's going to go with still being sick but at least hubby is taking her for the 5.30am check in:wacko: What is with the crazy early appointments!! It was meant to be 8am!

Heyyys had my scan today and it was brilliant!

Can someone change my due date to 16th March please :)

Over the moon and still sitting in my own little cloud :cloud9:

Hope photo loads..

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/673/OtWoUu.jpg

Woohoo! another Due date buddy Zara!!

I've worn maternity jeans a couple times, but still can't really stand how they fit and they keep sliding down. I've preferred to do the regular jeans with the hair tie expansion. So of course I need long or maternity shirts to cover up my little fly gap! haha

Finding that the smell of coffee is a HUUUUUGE nausea inducer for me. Made a small pot this morning and every time I'm in the kitchen I want to vomit. No more coffee!!!

Anyone having vision problems? I'm suddenly having trouble reading anything on the computer. It's like I've got mini blind spots? Letters or small words just kind of disappear. I think this happened once with my last pregnancy and didn't last very long. What causes it?

Mummy3, your experience with 5 babies is so valuable to the rest of us! You have literally probably been through everything!

Bookity, does that happen often? If it only lasts for a short time and goes away it may be optical migraines. If it is all the time though, you should probably get it checked. Really, either way, I would get it checked. I have had lots of problems with my eyes and my doctors have always told me not to wait, go to the doc right away when anything doesn't seem right!

Great scan, Zara!

Oh and I will post pics on the fb group after the big chop :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->