2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Congrats on your wedding coffeepuffin! I wouldnt worry about not showing yet. You may be someone who literally just pops rather than gradually. Hope you get to hear baby's HB tomorrow at your app!

Enjoy seeing your little one again mrskchicago. Can't wait to hear what colour bump is!

Congrats Mrs Coffeepuffin! Gorgeous dress!

Mrsk I can't wait for your update- mine is tomorrow so yours is kind of making it real for me!

Alyssa yay another girlie! Wow your husband might just need his own uterus to make it through three teenage girls haha!

Swamp maiden and mummy3 can you send some of that heat north please- we had crazy frost last night and I broke out my gloves this morning!!

You can send a few degrees our way, too. It's not terrible here, but it's about 10 degrees lower than I'd like.

Wow you are very strong bein able to skip them I love them, most of us have private scans booked too :D

I just don't trust them based on what I've read. I'd rather not expose my child to ultrasound waves. That also means no doppler for me.

I've had to order some gaviscon with my food shopping order that's coming tomorrow. I can feel all the acid sitting at the bottom of my throat, it's horrible. And heartburn, and sickness is back.

Gah.

It's a boy! Shocked but exited!

Wowsers I was sure your first scan was a girl! Shows how much I know!

With our first, I was CERTAIN he was a girl, and it actually took me a minute or two to believe the sonographer! He's currently running round in a ninja turtle cape blowing kisses at me- boys are awesome!! Congrats -I'm excited for you too! :happydance:

Yay for the finding out!!!

Alyssa, big congrats on 3rd pink:cloud9: My hubby is similar to yours, he wanted a boy to even things out lol. Growing his own uterus :rofl: If only the men could do the hard work!!!

MrsK big congrats too:happydance: I really thought girl for you too but now you have the perfect name for your little guy:cloud9:

Congratulations on becoming a bride coffee puffin:happydance: Your dress is gorgeous and it sounds like you all had a brilliant time on holiday :) I hope your sickness eases off for good fast:hugs:

For sure we can share all heat here :argh:

Sarahbear welcome! I will be having upwards of 20 scans, medically indicated but I do feel its best to limit it somewhat.

Had an horrendous day, I was up all last night with seriously bad pelvic/hip/knee/leg pain, my knee had dislocated and I got that in but I must have torn something in my hip with all the hormones loosening my extremely hypermobile joints. The ER gave me a shot of morphine and sent a message to my rheumatologist and OB to get into the orthopedist asap. Sucks to need the wheelchair already!

Tomorrow for you DRmum :happydance: Cant wait to see what you're having!!! :baby: HUbby and I are considering Saoirse for our daughter, fits in with the rest lol.

Oh, that sounds miserable, mummy3 :(

I'm still shocked it's a boy, but I'm very excited, too. I'm glad we solved the name issue before the ultrasound. It made it much happier and less anxiety-inducing, as silly as it is to get that stressed over a name. I'm getting very excited about little Teddy now.

It was such a beautiful day, too. After the ultrasound we got frozen custard and visited a couple baby shops. We found a great little shirt to announce the sex with. It's an Abe Froman (Sausage King of Chicago) shirt - very appropriate for Chicagoans and Ferris Bueller fans.

Congrats on finding out the genders ladies! :dance:

Congrats coffee puffin! We were just at my cousins wedding today, I love weddings.

Welcome Sarahbear. Like mummy3, I will be having a number of medically necessary scans.

DrMum, I've just been wearing loose tops or fitted tops with loose cardigans. If you know I'm pregnant you can tell, but I find most people aren't paying close enough attention to determine it on their own- yet. If someone asks me outright I plan on saying I have overindulged and have gained weight, both of which are true and side step the question without having to lie outright. Good luck with your scan tomorrow. :flower:

Good luck keeping it under wraps. I'm already past the point of being able to hide it, unless I find just the right frumpy clothes.

Congrats on team blue MrsK!

I'm definitely past the point of hiding it.

Is anyone hiring a doula? I am having a hospital birth with an OB but still want to have the added support; we are meeting a potential one on Wednesday. Does anyone know how doulas behave if the mother decides to use drugs during birth? I am planning as natural as possible, but obviously there is a threshold that for some women is too much, so I want the option. Are they judgy, or just supportive?

Teddy is an absolutely adorable nickname :cloud9: Theodore is a strong masculine name for when he grows up too:thumbup: Doesn't it feel so much more real once you know?!

Where can a person find frozen custard? Never heard of it but it sounds soooo good...

Lil foosh I'm similar where if you knew, you can tell but most don't notice. A couple times though I've seen people staring as if to try and guess, some on school run etc but aren't brave enough to ask:haha: Are you getting this?

I haven't had a doula. I have a close friend who has though, and the doula was very supportive and went along with any medication requests my friend wanted, just was generally supportive and none judgemental and my friend was very glad to have her there:thumbup: The trick seems to be to find the right fit:hugs:

It does feel more real! And that's one of the big draws of Theodore. It's cute for a little kid, but it grows up well, too, and there are lots of nickname options. I'm still torn on sharing the name publicly. If someone straight up asks, I'll tell them (a few of my close friends know), but I don't see myself referring to him as Teddy on Facebook or anything. I'm still laughing at our instant agreement on Constantine as a middle name. Our girl name was Valentine, and we have a dog named Clementine, too. I guess we really love -tine names!

We'll still have to have the Circumcision Talk, but that can wait... I think I'll let him make the final decision, but not until I do some research and he does some research and I have my say (If anyone can suggest any resources that aren't crazy super biased, send them my way!).

We got our custard at a private place that's near the ultrasound place. Culver's also has it. I don't know beyond that. It's soooooo good. They'll mix all kinds of stuff into it for you, but plain old vanilla and chocolate are my favorites.

I'm considering a doula. I was honestly a little worried about how DH would be at the birth, in terms of emotional support. He cares a lot, but he's not great at expressing it, you know? But he's been great through the pregnancy so far, and has totally surprised me, so I'm definitely feeling more confident in his birth partnering abilities. He's open to the idea of a doula, though, so it's not off the table. We tend to be kind of private about a lot of things, though, so we may want just us and medical professionals in the room.

As for pain relief, I guess it just depends on the doula. There's no one philosophy they all stick to. Interview a few and see if you find one you click with. There's bound to be someone who agrees with your approach.

Congratulations MrsK!!! Yay for more blue bumps. 💙💙

Congrats on a blue bump mrsk!! Utterly adore Theodore/Teddy for a boy. I was convinced when carrying Lucie that she was a boy. I dreamt about having a baby boy & was drawn to boys clothing. Turns out my mothers intuition didn't work for me!!

Now ladies are starting to find out gender i don't think i can stay yellow until March!! I remember how lovely/exciting it was to find out we were expecting a girl last time!

Still no twins in the group??

Wow, you're all finding out so early. I won't be able to find out the gender til later in October when I'm 20 weeks. Wish I had money for a private scan. I really don't know how people can be team yellow right up til the birth, I would never have the patience!

Wow, you're all finding out so early. I won't be able to find out the gender til later in October when I'm 20 weeks. Wish I had money for a private scan. I really don't know how people can be team yellow right up til the birth, I would never have the patience!

I know! Totally admire there patience.
I also just think there is such a limited selection of unisex clothing out there, and anything they say is unisex most of the time looks either boyish or girly!

Mummy3, I think because of my loss earlier this year most people wouldn't dare ask, it's too risky and potentially very hurtful. I have noticed one of my coworkers look at my belly a couple of times but she hasn't said anything and she may have been looking at my security tag because I've had to wear it sort of upside-down so it doesn't bump off my belly while I walk (as that's uncomfortable).

My boss's boss knows, we are friends and she is ttc too. She told me that several months ago she was on the phone with my boss as he was working from home, she heard strange noises in the background and finally asked him where he was, without thinking he said his parent's house. It didn't twig to her that it would be odd for him to work from his parent's place instead of his own, but afterwards when he went public about his divorce he revealed that he had been freaking out thinking she would have figured it out because of that 1 convo. I think it's a totally valid way of looking at it! My mum saw me wearing an outfit and told me if I didn't want people to know I shouldn't wear it again, but my younger brother saw me at exactly the same time as my mum and when we told him almost 2 weeks later he was completely surprised.

It is very exciting to have people finding out genders already. I am still on the fence about finding out. I am thinking I won't ask but if we find out because it is obvious during one of the many scans we will have I won't be upset. This is the first time I genuinely do not have even the slightest preference for one gender or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->