2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Swampmaiden, I'll go pm you :) We'll be really early, like 9.30am and have to leave at 11 to get back for the kindergarten 11.40 early finish (bring on the 29th and its a full day!) Be cool if you guys come a bit early to say hi :)

Saoirse is Seer-sha yup, no doubt we'll get like 'sauce' lol. It means freedom:cloud9:

MrsK you mention sweaters and its like a foreign language:haha: Please can we swap temps?? Well still your body is letting you know what you need:thumbup: Right now mine is needing coco puffs :munch:

I need to get more clothes too, its finding the time though.

Mine needs Fig Newtons ;)

It's been cool but not cold this week. We still have the bedroom ac on overnight, but I like the bedroom really cold. It's long sleeve season, but thankfully not sweater time yet. It's supposed to warm up in a few days, then probably get cool again. I'll be happy to swap some degrees in a month or two! I am NOT looking forward to another winter of -30 windchills...

Fig newtons makes for a healthy baby:haha: Mine doesn't seem to handle anything remotely healthy.

Same with cold bedroom, I can be absolutely freezing, go to bed and then need AC. That is seriously cold. It should be a nice 70F year round for all of us:thumbup:

We considered Saoirse for a name at one point. I was never exactly sure how to pronounce it though... I saw conflicting sources. One sounded like Sair-sha, the other sounded like Seer-sha. I liked the one that sounded like "sair-sha" but not "seer-sha." In the end I went with a name that didn't confuse me... For my next one, I'm currently thinking Azalea for a girl and Leo for a boy.

I went searching through my stuff yesterday and found 2 pairs of my old maternity jeans from last time around, and they fit! I am so happy right now, I can actually wear some comfy jeans. I've been looking on ebay for some more too. I live in jeans, so need quite a few pairs but they are so expensive to buy each pair brand new.

Haven't bought any maternity tops yet as I'm getting away fine with normal long tops for now so long as they're stretchy.

I still planon staying team yellow, I know its crazy but I love the idea of surprises.
We are in Florida now. Its hot. We bought a new vehicle yesterday and today we will be looking at homes on base. Im excited. Baby is moving a lot recently, especially when I am hungry.
Congrats to everyone on their blue, pink or yellow bumps. Its still surreal to me. I keep telling myself there is a little person growing inside of me.
The results came back from my NT scan as normal, hooray!!
Other than fighting off nausea here and there all is well. Still experiencing severe sciatic nerve pain in my left butt and down my leg. I figure baby is doing flips off the backside of my uterus. Fx it goes away sooner rather than later.
Lots of nipple soreness and now I started leaking. DH is grossed out, lol. Getting super itchy near my navel so ive been lathering myself with aveeno moisturizer daily. My bump is growing and I can tellbaby Iis definitely moving upwards. About halfway to my belly button.
The names everyone has picked sound lovely.
Is anyone near florida besides me?

I stopped by Motherhood Maternity over the weekend and bought a pair of maternity slacks for work. Been rocking them at work this week and can I say I love them? They also round out my bump well which is great.

Been doing a lot of travelling on flights this week so focusing on preventing any leg swelling.

Congrats to all the team blues and pinks!

Sarahbear, sounds like you lean towards flower names for girls, Violet and Azalea are both pretty.

I have to admit that even after everyone wrote out the phonetic of Saoirse I still went to look up an audio file. I heard both pronunciations and they are both nice! Sounds like it will fit in well with your other kids' names, Mummy3.

Mommasquirrel, very happy your move went well and you are settling in. Yay for your NT results.

How funny, Swamp & Mummy3, that you ended up with plans to the same place on the same morning. I guess that means that you are close enough that you could probably have coffee/tea and play dates once the bubs are born.

MrsK, I don't know if the weight loss is related to salt or meat but I lost weight with my first. I didn't gain any weight until late in 3rd tri and then I was only up about 5 or 7 lbs when he was born. He came out 7lbs 15ozs, then with all the other instant weight loss within a couple of days I was down almost 20lbs from my pre-preg weight. I had extra to begin with and my doc was happy. I hadn't changed my diet, only had smaller meals more frequently. It was probably because even just lying on the couch a pregnant woman burns as many calories as someone weight lifting.

Nelly I'm in North Bay. Our closest place for private scans is in Sudbury. Likewise, we could also head to Ottawa or Barrie, but both are too far away. The place in Sudbury also charges A LOT compared to what some women on here are paying.

I've moved over to maternity pants for work, finally! I was wearing my normal shorts which were getting a bit tight, but not too bad. Now some cold weather has hit, and I had to put pants on. None of my pants fit! :( So I had to pull out the maternity pants. Thankfully I have quite a few pair of black maternity pants for work from my last pregnancy. I'll have to get a few more items, but at least I have the basics to get me through the next few weeks.

Oooh North Bay! Have travelled through it quite a bit on my way to visit my Brother in SSM. We usually stay over in North Bay to break up the drive. But yes, not a chance I would travel that far to have a gender determination US only two weeks before a free one.

It's so weird reading you guys are off to the beach! I've just been running round the house playing the traditional canadian morning game called "find the missing mitten before school". I can't believe here in the prairies we are in winter already!

Mummy3 that's a beautiful name! We are struggling to come up with Gaelic boys names...any ideas? Our list we had has been worked through thoroughly with no success!

I'm off into the into the city today for my OB appt so will update if there is any news! In the meantime have a great day everyone and enjoy the sunshine if you have it :)

Congrats on all the ladies who found out the gender! I can't wait to find out my babies gender! Not til early November though. :( SO FAR AWAY! lol

So I have been looking at buying prams/strollers this past few weeks and I think I have picked the one I want. Do any of you ladies have the Mamas and Papas Armadillo stroller or know anyone with one?! I would love to know what they think of it! I love all the colors that they have available too! :) My first choice was an Uppababy Vista but my husband says that is just crazy money. I think it is worth it but I'm happy to settle for the Mamas and Papas Armadilo stroller! :)

Also, 13 weeks today! I'm officially in 2nd trimester~ (right?!) WAHOO!!

lol DrMum, sounds like a great game :haha:

nice lsd, welcome to a new week! you may have one more week to go tho before youre really considered in 2nd tri, but youre close enough for me!! I have my heart set on a Revolution Bob stroller

and yeah, Im about to leave for the beach real soon.. yesterday hit over 100degrees, and ocean temps right now are 74 if you can believe it...

and Im a lemon today!!! No doubt about it, I'm officially in 2nd tri lol ;)

Chimama, are you using the flight socks? Let me know how it goes for you, I'll be flying at the end of October.

I love Azalea. So pretty. I'm a big fan of flower names.

I'm going to try my best to stick to the weight guidelines my midwife gave me. I was about 50lbs over my ideal weight when I got pregnant, so if I happen to lose and stay healthy, I'm certainly not going to stress about it.

I'm jealous that some of you are so close! I do have some friends with babies here, but it would be so fun to have a local friend in the same stage of pregnancy. The closest I have is a coworker of my DH who's due in a couple weeks. At least her little guy and Teddy will be close enough in age to be friends.

LSD, have you looked at secondhand strollers? I've seen a lot of Uppababy strollers on Craigslist here, but it could just be because I'm in a big city. I'm thinking about strollers, but I want to go to a baby store and poke around and check them out in person before I commit. I'd love to buy secondhand, but all the ones on Craigslist are boring black :p Or they come with carseats, which is a waste of money for me because that's the one thing on my list that I absolutely refuse to buy used no matter what.

Welcome to second trimester, LSD and SwampMaiden! It's a lot more fun than first tri, in my opinion.

We stopped in a fancy baby store after our ultrasound Sunday, and DH is looking at expensive cribs now... I was hoping to get away with the $120 one! Oh well. I'll let him look, maybe we'll find something we just adore. I'm warming up slightly to the idea of buying a secondhand crib, if we were able to look it up by name and inspect it first. I really didn't like the idea, but I guess if we could make sure it was safe it would be a good way to get a nicer crib. And DH is handy enough to be able to tell if something is well built.

Sooooo.... I brought a small container of peanut butter to work today so I could have my bagel and pb here for breakfast.... I am now eating the rest of that pb with a spoon. It's soooooo good.

So I have been looking at buying prams/strollers this past few weeks and I think I have picked the one I want. Do any of you ladies have the Mamas and Papas Armadillo stroller or know anyone with one?! I would love to know what they think of it! I love all the colors that they have available too! :) My first choice was an Uppababy Vista but my husband says that is just crazy money. I think it is worth it but I'm happy to settle for the Mamas and Papas Armadilo stroller! :)

Also, 13 weeks today! I'm officially in 2nd trimester~ (right?!) WAHOO!!

Congrats on 13 weeks! I moved over to 2nd tri at 13 weeks.

My husband wants an Uppababy Vista. I kind of had my heart set on an iCandy or Bugaboo but will try out the Vista also!

What's drawing you ladies to certain strollers? I'm still researching, so I'm curious to hear about different selling points.

Make sure you test the stroller out first and can collapse it! That is a biggie. We went cheap and bought our stroller second hand and I couldn't collapse or open the stupid thing. Hated it with a passion. This time, we will need a double stroller but I have no idea where to start with those. I will use a carrier the majority of the time while the baby is still small so no huge rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->