2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm really liking the Mamas and Papas Armadillo because it looks SO easy to fold and unfold. Plus it doesn't seems as bulky when its folded so easy to travel with. My sister also mentioned that with her Graco that she bought the back of the seat is starting to get a big flimsy and my niece is only 14 months. So I'm really looking for something that will last for a while and the Armadillo has a hard back seat so that it won't get flimsy. Plus it's not as expensive as a lot of the other strollers I have seen. It retails for $270. The only sad thing is there isn't a store around here that sells them. I kinda wanted to test it before I bought it. But babiesrus will order it for me and I can always take it back.

Make sure you test the stroller out first and can collapse it! That is a biggie. We went cheap and bought our stroller second hand and I couldn't collapse or open the stupid thing. Hated it with a passion. This time, we will need a double stroller but I have no idea where to start with those. I will use a carrier the majority of the time while the baby is still small so no huge rush.

I LOVE peanut butter. I bought some Almond butter the other day and almost ate the entire jar!

I did just sit down and eat a HUGE bowl of mashed potatoes. MMmmmMM. I still want some more! haha

Mmm, I'd love a giant bowl of mashed potatoes... I keep wanting to suggest them for dinner, but it's hard to justify mashed potatoes when I don't want meat to go with them.

As long as you can return it, it should be safe to order without testing it! I'm definitely looking at the mid- to high- range strollers, as opposed to the usual travel systems. I've heard a bassinet is better for infants than a car seat for longer stroller trips, and I don't drive, so if I take him out without DH in the summer to the museum or something, we won't need the carseat for safety. And I just prefer the aesthetic of the fancier strollers, though that really shouldn't be high on the priority list :p A lot of the pricier ones seem more adaptable, too. Some of them, you can use them with the bassinet, then for a toddler, and later get an attachment to turn them into a double stroller, and I'd love to have that option for a second kid instead of having to buy a whole new stroller.

I have some baby gifts to buy soon, I should really just go to somewhere a little more high end than Babies R Us to get them and poke around at strollers. I wonder if DH wants to join me and look at cribs.

What's drawing you ladies to certain strollers? I'm still researching, so I'm curious to hear about different selling points.

I will be honest and say at the moment looks & brand name! Purely because we've not yet done proper research or played with any. My DH suggested an Uppababy Vista, I hadn't heard of this one before. I saw a couple when away in Ireland last week & really liked the look of it. I would only buy something if it ticked all the boxes esp with collapsing like NellyLou said. I had a Quinny Buzz with my daughter which I did like but fancy something different this time. Again like NellyLou I will be using a sling so we have plenty of time. I guess another thing is Lucie. Although she walks everywhere im sure she'd like to be pushed around also when baby arrives so we need something that accommodates a buggy board or similar!

I'm definitely planning on babywearing when I can. I'm getting my nephew's old Moby for when he's little, and I'll buy a carrier for when he's older if I don't end up getting that handed down, as well. I can still see getting a lot of use out of a stroller, though - a carrier won't always be comfortable for hours at a time.

Someone on the February thread just posted this: https://babybox.walmart.com/how-it-works/ I signed up and will update when the first box comes! I figure even if it's all stuff we're not planning to use (disposable diapers, formula samples, etc), it's good to have an emergency backup.

I started off with a Moby with Lucie but switched to a Caboo (Close) (purely because it felt more secure to me) We bought a Babybjorn carrier for longer walks. Talking about it makes me feel excited to,hopefully, be doing it all again!

Sarahbear, sounds like you lean towards flower names for girls, Violet and Azalea are both pretty.

I think that I lean more toward them now that I have a Violet :). With Violet I had also considered the name Autumn. I've also considered the name Hazel. I guess you could say I'm into names that are also words in the English language.

So we have finally decided on names (kinda) Remmy for a girl and Jackson Jay for a boy. I only put kinda because I cant decide what to do for the girls middle name. My hubby insists it be it be a family name, ann- is taken, marie-taken, and I dont think Remmy Millie Harris sounds too good. So many decisions.

What's drawing you ladies to certain strollers? I'm still researching, so I'm curious to hear about different selling points.

I only ever had an umbrella stroller with my first. Carriers are a lot more convenient. I plan to use a carrier again. It should be particularly convenient since I now have a toddler! Much easier to chase around a little one if the littlest one is strapped on instead of in a bulky stroller that can be a pain.

I've noticed that people who use strollers and carry their baby in their carseat, struggle a lot more than those that just tie the baby on.

Some things to consider with hip support and baby carriers:

https://hipdysplasia.org/developmen...tion/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

Apologize about the title of it being "wrong," but it still provides good information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98dojSARmM

So we have finally decided on names (kinda) Remmy for a girl and Jackson Jay for a boy. I only put kinda because I cant decide what to do for the girls middle name. My hubby insists it be it be a family name, ann- is taken, marie-taken, and I dont think Remmy Millie Harris sounds too good. So many decisions.

It looks like you only have one child and he's a boy, so I think you could use Ann or Marie if you want to :)

I've noticed that people who use strollers and carry their baby in their carseat, struggle a lot more than those that just tie the baby on.

I've noticed that, too. I think a lot of it comes down to venue, though. I've carried my nephew around in his Tula, and it's great, but I was exhausted after an hour or two (he's a chunky monkey), and eating lunch and using the bathroom were an adventure! And boy was it hot! And SIL can never try on clothes when we go shopping with him in the carrier. But, he really prefers it to the stroller, and it's great to not take up space and have free hands. I'd love to have a good carrier and a good stroller, so I can switch back and forth depending what our plans are that day.

I'm really starting to suspect that I might be feeling some flutters. I'm not at all confident about it, though, since it's my first and my body is doing all kinds of fun new things every day. I'm hoping it gets stronger or more definite. He's been a wild little dude during all my ultrasounds, and he was measuring big at my 12 week (the tech didn't give me a size at the gender ultrasound), so there's at least a chance it's him swimming around in there.

I'm definitely planning on babywearing when I can. I'm getting my nephew's old Moby for when he's little, and I'll buy a carrier for when he's older if I don't end up getting that handed down, as well. I can still see getting a lot of use out of a stroller, though - a carrier won't always be comfortable for hours at a time.

Someone on the February thread just posted this: https://babybox.walmart.com/how-it-works/ I signed up and will update when the first box comes! I figure even if it's all stuff we're not planning to use (disposable diapers, formula samples, etc), it's good to have an emergency backup.

I tried doing the box thing but it wont work. Maybe cause im on my phone? It looks cool though. Ill try again later when im not all frustrated.

Sarahbear- I like them the only thing is I dont want it to go too much towards my nieces. Although I think they would love it so maybe. I have to really think about it once we actually find out the gender in 2 weeks.

Sarahbear- I like them the only thing is I dont want it to go too much towards my nieces. Although I think they would love it so maybe. I have to really think about it once we actually find out the gender in 2 weeks.

I think Ann and Marie are both common enough that it wouldn't be weird to use them. Maybe you could do a different version? Like Anne or Mary or Maria? Or you could combine them and use Marian maybe?

I made a terrible mistake and checked out Walmart.com for the couple of basic pieces I need for Halloween (I'm doing the silly pregnant skeleton costume, and I got iron on pieces on Etsy, but I needed a tshirt and yoga pants to iron them onto). I just spent almost $80 on maternity clothes :p I did get a lot for my money, though! Two long sleeve tshirts, 2 regular tshirts (one for the costume, one for sleeping), yoga pants for the costume, a maxi dress, a sweater, and a winter coat. I'm not too confident about a $20 coat! But they do free returns, so I'll see how it goes. I guess the only thing that wasn't actually on my "I need this" list was the dress, and it was $5, so why not?

Just a thought or two regarding strollers/prams etc... If this is your first and you plan on having more definitely go slightly higher end, as it's less costly than buying a cheapie and then replacing it every time you have another baby!
My friends who opted for that route really regretted it.
The other thing to bear in mind for those thinking of just using the car seat is that there is a limit for how long little babies should be in a car seat- they need to lie flat for spine development hence the UK are mad for lie flat prams in the early days.

As for me, I have an icandy peach which is now four years old, has done a lot of mileage, been puked in multiple times, laundered many times and is still like new. Can't recommend it highly enough. I have the bassinet/pram part for early days and the pushchair/stroller seat for later on. Maxicosi car seat clicks into it too. I also like that it can face towards you initially when baby wants to see you for reassurance, then faces away for when they are older and want to see the world.

Hope that wee essay helps someone!

I haven't found the pram I want yet but I know I want a 3 wheeler that can face both ways like the quinny Buzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->