2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hi girls. Sorry I don't get on here very often. I don't know how you find the time! Anyway all is good with me. I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. Which was amazing to hear. Congrats to all of you that have found out the sex. We can't make up our mind on whether to find out or not. Our scan is the 21st October so we've a little while to decide. Is anyone else still suffering from morning sickness? I'm 16 weeks now and had hoped it would have gone by now

I'm still feeling sick, especially in the evenings. I usually have at least one gag attack per day, again mostly in the evenings. It's less constant, and I have aversions to less smells, but it's still hanging on!

Glad I'm not the only one. Let's hope we're both feeling better soon.

Aww how lovely to hear the heartbeat Molly86. I cant wait to hear our LOs next week. I also have the same dilemma with finding out gender. I was adamant that this time i'd want to stay yellow but as its getting closer to our anomaly scan im thinking i actually want to find out. I cant decide. DH doesnt want to find out so it wouldnt be fair for one of us to know and the other not to. Sorry to hear your MS is still hanging on. My all day nausea has completely gone but i still have days where i am sick. It left me completely first time round at about 16 weeks.

I haven't found the pram I want yet but I know I want a 3 wheeler that can face both ways like the quinny Buzz

We had a Quinny Buzz with our daughter. Loved it. Would have one again but fancy something different! I bought the front wheel attachment to make 4 wheels as im not keen on 3 wheelers!

Yep, I'm still feeling sick too. Threw up twice this morning :(

I also had my doc appointment this morning and am so relieved! The little one has a heartbeat of 154bpm :)

Great appts Molly and nellylou!

It's such a relief when you can hear proof it's all going well!

Not throwing up quite as much, but constant nausea still hanging around. Also still so so low on energy. Really hope things turn around soon. Tired of being sick and tired.

Yay finally got the walmart box to go through. I remember when we were first doing this thread that some of the women were doing other boxes. Has anyone gotten theres? What did you get?

Yay finally got the walmart box to go through. I remember when we were first doing this thread that some of the women were doing other boxes. Has anyone gotten theres? What did you get?

I've gotten a couple Bump Boxes. The first one had a pregnancy journal (it's divided into thirds - a section for your thoughts each week, a section for doctor appointments, and a section that's just blank lined paper for notes, lists, journaling, or whatever - very useful!), a big cookie, a reusable tumbler, and a couple lip balms. The second one had a copy of It's Really Ten Months (I was looking forward to this, but didn't love it), a bottle of fancy pregnant lady juice that I used a splash of in a smoothie and accidentally left out on the counter overnight :(, some fancy hair ties that went to my sister in law because my hair is an inch long, and a pot of a really nice lotion. I'm not sure if there's value for money in the Bump Box, because I haven't priced it all out, but I'm enjoying the anticipation and surprise every month.

It looks like the Walmart box is more sponsored samples. The reviews I saw had stuff like a pacifier, some breast pads, a diaper sample, wipe samples, and baby-safe detergent and fabric softener. I hear you get similar perks for registering at some stores, but for $20/year, why not? I like getting mail ;)

Does it ever get to anyone else when people claim that you're really pregnant for ten months? It drives me a little nuts, because in my eyes we get a free month. When we find out we're pregnant, we're already 4 weeks along. So we only have 36weeks to go. There are more than 4 weeks in a month too so you can't even divide 40 by 4. My LMP was May 30th. I am due March 6th. That is nine months and 6 days. But if we go from BFP (June 27th) to my due date, it's only 8 months and 10 days.

Sorry, apparently I needed to get that off my chest! lol!

I know what you mean. I get where they're coming from, dividing 40 by 4, but the whole pregnancy measurement system is just a hot mess. It makes sense if you don't know when you ovulated, I guess. And then you factor in that you're not likely to give birth on your due date anyway, and it gets even more fun. DH was wondering why they even give you a due date if you're not going to give birth on that date. I guess it makes more sense to give a due range, but that's a lot of extra math and spinning of little cardboard wheels for the midwives ;)

And if we only had a range, how would we do tickers??? Men just don't get it ;)

Hahaha, a due date range would make sense, but you're right! That would completely mess with our tickers, and how would we know which fruit to compare our babies to?! :)

I think a range would make sense. I imagine I'll get really annoyed if I go passed my due date and no baby.

So, my wallet and healthy eating habits might be screwed. They have now put a Penn's at the very front of my neighborhood. Penn's is a locally owned (DELICIOUS!) restaurant here in Mississippi that sells fried food. I'm normally a healthy eater, but I am a true southerner and love me some fried chicken and catfish. They have both, plus more.....hushpuppies, fried okra, fried pickles, and the list goes on and on. I mean this is heaven for me! LOL I have to drive by it everyday! AHHH! Could I justify this by at least walking to and from the restaurant when I go?! LOL My mouth is drooling as I type!

Haha! Good luck, LSD. I'm no better, I'm having a slice of tuxedo cake for lunch ;)

DrMum, I heard they aren't selling icandy in Canada or the US anymore. =(

I was looking at the Chicco keyfit 30 carseat, so I was also looking at the travel system & the armadillo instead. I need to get my hands on them to try them out though. We like the lightweight plus loads of features for a reasonable price. Plus we have a kia rio (hence the keyfit as it is one of the smallest but safest) & a large SUV, so we want something that fits in both.

I had my MFM appointment today. They are having me come in to do weekly checks by my cervix was measuring 48mm! The doc said that is abnormally long, he later said it was ridiculously long and I shouldn't be worried at this point but they will keep checking me. No preventative cerclage (unless I insist) just "cervix surveillance" :lol:

After letting myself eat whatever I wanted for the first 15 weeks, I looked at a few pics of me from Monday and was a bit shocked at my overall appearance. So I started eating healthy - definitely not dieting, just totally cut out soda, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and cooking instead of eating fast food daily. I've lost 3 lbs in 2 days, so I guess it was all bloat and salt weight; my mom even made a comment to me today that my face looked thinner. Hopefully I can get my eating totally under control because I don't want to be too too huge unnecessarily. Also, seems that 2 days of eating better has caused my bump to significantly go down; guess it was just bloat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->