2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh yes, and based on an earlier scan my regular OB had put my EDD as 3.28, but I kept saying based on LMP it is 3.22... so I had a scan today at the high risk OB and the tech said "well, baby is measuring 13 weeks 4 days! that puts you ahead of the 3.28 due date." my reply: "Yes, it makes my due date 3.22, just like if you go by my LMP." So we all laughed about it and they updated their files.

Im commited on getting a Revolution Bob stroller.. its kinda a hybrid of a jogger and off-trail type stroller. My husband and I are pretty outdoorsy, so we want something that can go down trails, or roll on the beach.. but more than that, the Bob has these bicycle type wheels that are a really smooth ride. The front wheel spins 360 degrees, so its high manueverable, and the whole thing is constructed of durable thick canvas.. so you can easily spray it with a pressure washer IF you need to clean it. the material is thick enough that most stuff can be wiped/scrubbed off pretty easy. Plus the hood part of it pulls down really far for lots of privacy on the baby if you want while still have a thick high quality plastic window on top for the stroller pusher to peek in at baby. The stroller adjusts for ages from newborn up to like 4 years old. It also can be adjusted to lay flat for if baby is sleeping, or adjusted back up into the seat position. It folds too. Its a great great stroller, worth every pretty penny.

As for carriers, Ive tried several (one winter a few years ago I babysat my friends newborn for 7 months for 8-9 hours a day when she went back to work in exchange for free rent) and they went crazy with lots of different styles of carriers. I really liked the Moby (its a really long length of fabric that you wrap around your self in a certain way to strap the baby to your front or your back), but I REALLY like just the simple non-adjustable sling. The sling was great, you can tuck the baby in many different ways, and it felt really secure. We had a Baby Bjorn too, but it was a pain in the ass to use and I preferred the Moby for times when the baby would be strapped to me for long periods of time.

I mainly just used the carriers for around the house when i need my hands free to cook, clean, whatever and the baby refused to not be held. Its amazing how many things you can learn to do one handed, but also the things you just cannot do with only one hand. I preferred the Bob stroller for walks, because it also has a ton of storage space. AND its rain-proof!!!

I have my heart set on a Britax travel system, but I do plan on using a carrier initially.

I love eating more than ever and the whole family believes that for that reason alone this baby will be a boy, and I am just anxious to find out one more week!!!

So for strollers I have NO idea! I think I want to stay away from Graco because they seem to have a lot of recalls, but that's as far as I've gotten really. I tried the Armadillo today and loved it, but I don't like that it's not rear-facing.

Carrier-wise I am getting a Moby wrap and an Ergo carrier with infant insert from my cousin who is done having kids.

I am determined to stay team yellow! Seeing you ladies all post sexes is making me want to waiver, but DF is keeping me honest; even though he is the one who initially wanted to find out, now he is determined for us to wait.

Missfrick, the Armadillo is coming out with a flip version which will retail for $500 I believe. However, it takes away two of the things I love about it. The fold is easy but its not just flip and pick up but you can still do it one handed. Second, it's a bit bulky and not quite as compact as the armadillo is when folded. It's going to be called Armadillo Flip. :) Just FYI. I as well wish it flipped so it could face me as well but husband doesn't seem to think we need that feature. He feels that as long as there is a peep hole I should be fine. ::shrugs::

We plan on getting the Britax B-Agile system. Mainly because we can get the carseat part for free so we only have to buy the stroller part. Plus all the research that I have done and its the one I feel most comfortable going with safety wise.

I had my 16 week appointment today with my GP. I haven't gained any weight, which means that I've only gained 2lbs so far. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm not dieting by any means, just trying to keep it healthy. I'm right on the line between overweight and obese so I should only agin 11-20lbs this pregnancy. I doubt I'll keep my weight gain that low by the end, but the low gain so far will help out in the long run. The GP measured my fundal height today, and I'm currently measuring a bit ahead at 18 weeks. No wonder I suddenly feel as if I'm huge!! I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's sitting around 158-160bpm. It was great to hear it!

CurlyKate that's great! I agree I'm just trying to keep it healthy, I did bad at the beginning so I'm actually experiencing a bit of weightloss now. Insane that your fundal height is so high, it's amazing what our bodies do during pregnancy.

LSD I think I will want to have the stroller rear-facing at the beginning... I will look at the Flip if it is out soon... otherwise, Mommas and Papas had some other strollers that have seat flipping, though I know it's not as compact... I guess it just depends on what you're looking for.

Started talking about baby gear tonight at DF was overwhelmed. We aren't going to worry any more about it until after the wedding; he's very "one thing at a time"

I had my 16 week appointment today with my GP. I haven't gained any weight, which means that I've only gained 2lbs so far. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm not dieting by any means, just trying to keep it healthy. I'm right on the line between overweight and obese so I should only agin 11-20lbs this pregnancy. I doubt I'll keep my weight gain that low by the end, but the low gain so far will help out in the long run. The GP measured my fundal height today, and I'm currently measuring a bit ahead at 18 weeks. No wonder I suddenly feel as if I'm huge!! I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's sitting around 158-160bpm. It was great to hear it!

That's great news!

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and she didn't do any of that! All she did was go "yep, you haven't got any diseases, belly looks fine, cya". What a waste of time!

I have the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 special edition: it is dark blue with pink wheels, love it!. It has both the bassinet and stroller, very good quality, works for both genders and meets all my needs. It also has high resale value so can sell it and get back most of my money once I'm done with kids. Also bought an Aton 3 car seat which fits into the Bugaboo as well.

I also have Beco Gemini in black for DH which he requested. DH loves the idea of fathers using baby carriers:haha:

Attachments

• bugcameleonNeon-3.jpg
    bugcameleonNeon-3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2

That's great news!

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and she didn't do any of that! All she did was go "yep, you haven't got any diseases, belly looks fine, cya". What a waste of time!

Ahh did she not listen for the HB??

I love how old fashioned the Bugaboo looks with the bassinet in it, Chimama.

That's great news!

Ahh did she not listen for the HB??

Nope! She said it would be too early. I wasn't that fussed anyway because I've heard it on my doppler loads. I was more annoyed I waited nearly an hour in the waiting room and ended up late for work 😧

That's crazy, 16 weeks is plenty far enough to hear the heartbeat. And for an hour long wait, they better have been off delivering a baby or something... Sounds like a disappointing appointment, but I guess no excitement is the ideal when you're pregnant...

Ugh, is anyone else's MIL doing their head in yet?
She's already been out and bought babies first clothes before I got a chance to, picked his nappies and bought loads, bought loads of talc, shes forbidden me from buying any newborn clothes because my OH "was a big baby" and has went out and bought 12-18 months!! (Am I giving birth to a baby human or a baby seal?!) and today she's bought loads of baby soap powder so she can "wash all his clothes as WE (her and I) buy them".
Seriously woman back off!! And that's what maternity leave before the baby born is for. She's driving me nuts.

Anyone else's driving them crazy?

& I know MrsK! It's just my local gp and I was only the third appointment of the day so it's not like they all ran late! I think she was just rushing.

Ugh, is anyone else's MIL doing their head in yet?
She's already been out and bought babies first clothes before I got a chance to, picked his nappies and bought loads, bought loads of talc, shes forbidden me from buying any newborn clothes because my OH "was a big baby" and has went out and bought 12-18 months!! (Am I giving birth to a baby human or a baby seal?!) and today she's bought loads of baby soap powder so she can "wash all his clothes as WE (her and I) buy them".
Seriously woman back off!! And that's what maternity leave before the baby born is for. She's driving me nuts.

Anyone else's driving them crazy?

& I know MrsK! It's just my local gp and I was only the third appointment of the day so it's not like they all ran late! I think she was just rushing.

LOL yes she is, but she's not even my MIL yet, and it's not about the baby! DF's family is not happy about "the order in which things happened" since we got preggo before we were married, so I feel like they don't care much about the baby, even though I'm 16 weeks today! Haven't heard more than a couple words (literally, WORDS) out of my future SIL since she found out we were expecting... I'm hoping everyone comes around. MIL is a strong personality so that is something I can accept, though it can be hard when it feels like she doesn't care.

I would set boundaries with yours - obviously you shouldn't buy newborn clothes likely (my mom says to always get 0-3 months, and if you need smaller someone can get for you once the baby's born) but she shouldn't be taking all the fun out of it for you!

Missfrick - that is crazy that that's how they treat you just because you aren't married! Where about are you from? Where I'm from marriage is not a big deal, most people aren't married before they have children together. My OH & I aren't married. We have no plans to get married any time soon. It is kind of sad that it happens that way. I understand it might be a bigger deal wherever you're from but for them to be so pathetic about something, when you're clearly getting married and in a committed relationship together is absurd. Definitely their loss. I'm sorry they're treating you that way.

I've just totally ignored my MIL and bought a handful of newborn anyway. I'm going to buy mainly 0-3 but I feel baby will still need some nice snug fitting clothes for the first couple of weeks.

We don't really talk to my MIL. We were estranged for years, and she reached out to DH recently. He said he emailed her about the baby but she never responded, so we're not really sure if she knows. No big loss, honestly. She's extremely stressful to be around, and it's been very peaceful without her.

My mom is a meddler, but she's out of town for most of September, so I've gotten a nice break. And she's still a little more focused on my nephew since he's already here to spoil. She can buy baby T all she wants, as far as I'm concerned, as long as she butts her nose out when it comes to the important stuff.

My first was 6 lb 15 oz dropped to 6 lb 10 oz when we left the hospital. She wore newborn her whole first month. Her sister on the other hand was 8 lbs and in 0-3 within a week.

Once I see what we get at the shower, I figure I'll buy at least a couple newborn things. Not a lot, but enough to get him through a day or two til we get to the store. My brother, DH, and I were all in the 7.5lb range, so it could go either way with this little dude. Is the 8lbs+ for 0-3 months clothes pretty accurate? If it is, I may skip the newborn altogether...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->