2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

The newborn I've bought go up to about 10-11lb. So they'll at least last for the first few days/weeks.

And the 0- 3 stuff I've bought go up to about 14/15lb. It really is just a gamble on trying to figure out sizes. At least if there's a few of each there's enough to get them through a few days, like you said.
Not to end up buying absolutely no newborn, all 0-3 (and 12-18m in MILs case) to have a baby who weighs 6.5lb.

For clothes I've mostly been looking at 0-3 months, because those will for sure fit at some point. I figure people would buy enough newborn sizes for us that we won't need too many of those. They are super cute to look at though.

Yeah I think a few newborn is nice, but you'll mainly use 0-3. My son was 9lb10 and he still used newborn for a few weeks so you should be ok.

And enjoy buying things and don't let people spoil that! Esp when it's your first :)

Ugh, is anyone else's MIL doing their head in yet?
She's already been out and bought babies first clothes before I got a chance to, picked his nappies and bought loads, bought loads of talc, shes forbidden me from buying any newborn clothes because my OH "was a big baby" and has went out and bought 12-18 months!! (Am I giving birth to a baby human or a baby seal?!) and today she's bought loads of baby soap powder so she can "wash all his clothes as WE (her and I) buy them".
Seriously woman back off!! And that's what maternity leave before the baby born is for. She's driving me nuts.

Anyone else's driving them crazy?

& I know MrsK! It's just my local gp and I was only the third appointment of the day so it's not like they all ran late! I think she was just rushing.

Is this a first grand child? She's probably just a bit excited. How about her taste? Are the clothes in line with the sort of stuff you would buy? If so, then just take it as one less thing to have to deal with! If it's not in line which what you'd buy, maybe trade them in at a used clothes store or something. As for the 12-18 month stuff, it will be handy to have them around as your baby grows! That is if they're for the right season.

I will definitely be buying newborn clothes. I made that mistake with dd so most her clothes didn't fit, she was 6lb 5 wen she was born and I hadn't bought any newborn clothes lol I haven't bought any yet I'm waiting til I know baby's gender on Thursday :D

shes forbidden me from buying any newborn clothes because my OH "was a big baby" and has went out and bought 12-18 months!! (Am I giving birth to a baby human or a baby seal?!)

This made me chuckle. No newborn clothing and instead buys 12-18?!! Even if you gave birth to a baby seal 12-18 would still be too big!!

shes forbidden me from buying any newborn clothes because my OH "was a big baby" and has went out and bought 12-18 months!! (Am I giving birth to a baby human or a baby seal?!)

This made me chuckle. No newborn clothing and instead buys 12-18?!! Even if you gave birth to a baby seal 12-18 would still be too big!!

They're fleecy sleep suit type things. It will most likely be summer time when he hits around that size so they'll probably just sit in a cupboard or get hidden in a charity bag. They aren't to my taste at all but I didn't really mind that (lets face it he isn't going to care!) It was just the crazy sizing that had me a bit confused. I'm sure my OH wasn't THAT big.

My little lukas was 7lbs 2oz and he was in newborn for at least a good month. Ill definitely need to buy newborn. I have only gotten a few small things. Ill get more when I find out gender also. Only a few more weeks. Hopefully find out next week!

I can't believe how fast time has past. Are all of the mommas now in 2nd Trimester? I am getting anxious about having my belongings back. We get into the new house on Wednesday but have no idea when our household goods will arrive.

Trying to get set-up with a new OB. Hoping we get an appointment in the next month or so.

How is everyone doing? Is anyone planning on dressing up for Halloween?

I'm planning on dressing up for at least the Halloween party that we have been invited to. Going as a zombie with a baby head and arms poking out my belly with either a bow tie or hair bow, depending on what type of bits we see in our scan :)

Which reminds me... I should really go shopping for a cheap doll to mutilate... Dollar store here I come!

We'll be on the cruise over Halloween, so I'm definitely dressing up. I'm doing the silly pregnant skeleton thing, since it's easy to pack. I found one where the little skelebaby has a mohawk :)

How is everyone doing? Is anyone planning on dressing up for Halloween?

lol no plans... I cant party like i usually do on Halloween weekend, and Ill probably have to work, and my husband wont be around so Ill probably be super lame and not dress up or go out or nothing.. maybe go over to my friends and help hand out candy.. I dunno... so far my tank is empty on holiday spirit haha

and yeah, big much anticipated 2nd tri is here, has been here.. and still tired! No big appetite yet either, but at least nausea has gone away.

How about everyone else? Anyone hit the glory days of 2nd tri yet?

Morning ladies! I've been trying to post for a little while but my ipad has been playing up, everytime I type more than a couple of lines it kicks me out of safari :dohh: I really must take it back to the Apple Store and get them to check it as I'm having other issues with it too!
Anyway, using my phone to post now so it should be ok!

I hope everyone is well? I'm still being sick every day, getting fed up of it now to be honest! Nausea lasting til lunchtime too. At least that's not all day I guess! I'm also still waiting for the second tri burst of energy, I think it's a myth lol.

As for newborn clothes, I'll definitely be buying newborn size as my boys were 6lb 4 and 7lb 4 and were both in newborn until around 2 or 3 months old! I prefer clothes to fit properly rather than be huge. :rofl: at the mil buying 12-18!

I won't be dressing up for Halloween, I don't think I have since I was a kid! Halloween isn't as big in the uk as it is in the us it seems! The kids will dress up and we'll take them trick or treating but that's it. I'm looking forward to fireworks night though, I love getting the kids wrapped up and going I watch the fireworks and bonfire!

So, today we have our private scan :happydance: I'm hoping that we'll find out th gender today! Our scan is booked for midday (uk time) so less than 4 hours now! I'm so excited!

I've been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now but last night I felt my first actual kick! :cloud9:

Oh and I also had my first consultant appointment this week (not sure if I posted about this already so sorry if I'm repeating myself!) everything went well with that but it looks like I'll be staying under consultant care for the time being. She's booked me in for growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks, then appointments with her for after the scans too. I'm hoping that once I've had these and I'm off the aspirin at 34 weeks, she'll put me back to low risk so I can go to the birthing suite rather than labour ward. I really want a water birth again, which I can't have if I'm high risk and on labour ward.

Anyway, enough about me lol, what's everyone's plans for today?

Ahh how lovely its today loozie. I think i said girl for you so look forward to the update!! Enjoy seeing your LO.

As for movement i am also now feeling LO. I started feeling him/her at 11 weeks and then daily from last sunday. I forgot what a nice feeling it was!

Loozie - So excited for you! Let us know as soon as you find out.

Yay! I'm an onion today! I like the way the weeks keep going by.

I'm no longer as tired as I was 2 weeks ago but it could also be that the iron medication I've been taking is working.

My bump is now pretty obvious. I stopped by a shop in the airport and the lady at the counter asked me when I was due. My flight arrived late for me to catch my connecting flight (had 10 minutes left before my connecting flight took off ) and I thought I looked ridiculous sprinting with my bag to the next gate with this huge bloated bump in front of me - I looked 8 months pregnant:haha:! Barely made it and as I was boarding my connecting flight, the guy who checked in my bag said he wasn't sure the air hostess would allow a heavily pregnant woman to sit in the exit row. If I look this way right now, I wonder how I would look when I'm truly 8 months!

I'm really really really surprised to find out that we're team PINK! :pink: will upload some pics in a bit, I just need to eat first!

Does anyone know if Theraflu is okay to take when pregnant? I am soooo sick right now with the nasty cold & Theraflu is the only thing that ever works for me. It has the same ingredients at Tylenol, so I'm assuming it's okay? I'm waiting on a call back from my doc.

I have my next appointment on Wednesday. I was supposed to get my flu shot, but I don't think they'll give it to me if I'm already sick? :(

Being sick while pregnant SUCKS!!!!

I seem to be getting good at guessing the gender!!! Congrats on a PINK bump loozie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->