2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Loozie - Congrats on the PINK!

I can't believe my anatomy scan is this Friday. Excited to find out the gender!

Does anyone know if Theraflu is okay to take when pregnant? I am soooo sick right now with the nasty cold & Theraflu is the only thing that ever works for me. It has the same ingredients at Tylenol, so I'm assuming it's okay? I'm waiting on a call back from my doc.

I have my next appointment on Wednesday. I was supposed to get my flu shot, but I don't think they'll give it to me if I'm already sick? :(

Being sick while pregnant SUCKS!!!!

Snowbunnie: I am not sure if it's okay to take but in the meantime while waiting for your doctor to get back to you try this...

Hot water with lemon and honey. My grandma would give it to me when I was sick and put in a dash of cinnamon. the cinnamon gets clumpy but it's supposedly good for you. It helped clear up my congestion. I have asthma and use vicks constantly instead of using the inhaler. So maybe that could help as well. I know tylenol is okay to take but really not 100% sure on the theraflu. Hope your doctor gets back to you soon.

oh can someone add me to the FB group? [email protected]

Update: I will be religiously checking both this site and FB for updates..I stopped working in May and this is nice having a good group of ladies to chat to.

Also, I am determined on staying team Yellow. Anyone else on the yellow train?

oh can someone add me to the FB group? [email protected]

Update: I will be religiously checking both this site and FB for updates..I stopped working in May and this is nice having a good group of ladies to chat to.

Also, I am determined on staying team Yellow. Anyone else on the yellow train?

Me! I'm not having ANY ultrasounds that are not medically indicated. Knowing the sex of my baby is not medically indicated, so it's not happening.

Just out of curiosity, would you find out if they happened to see what you were having on a medically indicated ultrasound? I'm just wondering how much of it is desire to stay team yellow, and how much is impossibility of knowing.

I'm just here for a second before we go off to check out a local craft fair. Maybe we'll find some cute nursery art. My SIL signed us up for a cloth diapering class in mid-November, really looking forward to it! I've changed nephew's cloth diapers, but I kind of feel like a blind gorilla doing it ;) I'm looking forward to trying out all the different options. She has a few diapers of different style that she either didn't like or that nephew has outgrown for us, too, so we can try a few different types on Teddy and see what works.

We are staying on team yellow!!! I have had 5 ultrasounds already (2 in hospital due to spotting and clotting at 12 weeks, 1 at 6 weeks, 1 at 8, and 1 at 12 at my OB office) and our next is scheduled for 19 weeks (only 3 weeks to go!) Seeing all you ladies finding out sex is awesome and sometimes looking at baby clothes entices me, but I just want a happy and healthy baby (truly) and couldn't care less what it is!

As for the Theraflu, call Walgreens or another pharmacy, the pharmacist (not a technician, but the actual pharmacist) should be able to tell you if it's safe or not during pregnancy.

I'm hoping to stay team yellow but dh keeps going on about the fact he wants to find out. I'm trying to stick to my guns though. I just found out my best friend is pregnant. She's due about a month after me. I'm so excited that we'll be doing this together. Although we live about a 4 hour drive away now. Would be much better if she lived near by. But I'm sure we'll meet up plenty when we're both off work.

I think the fact that I don't like ultrasounds means that I don't have to think too hard about what I'd want if we did have an ultrasound... So don't know how exactly to answer your question.

We are hoping to stay yellow also! I'm struggling to not want to know though. Help!!

Molly86, that's lovely news for you!! One of my best friends is due a week before me and another is due end of April. I feel the same in its wonderful to be able to share it with close friends.

Wow this thread moves fast!!!

Loozle big congrats on team pink:happydance:

Hubby and I have totally decided on the stroller, getting the double helix orbit and the matching car seat, bassinet and new stroller seat for my 15m old:thumbup: We have the single too which we'll keep also but of all the strollers we've had this one is by far the best. It can be multifacing, including sideways and is such a smooth ride:thumbup: Also have an ergo somewhere that might get used:shrug: If you can, then 100% get high end, it turns out way better value instead of replacing or having to deal with stroller breakdown.

Anyone doing a registry? If so where? I've never done one before but my friend who's doing a wedding registry told me that its a good idea to join and get freebies lol, so I went for buybuy baby, they seem to have everything we want. Working on the hubby to buy me the diaper bag I want:blush:

Some gorgeous names :cloud9: We changed ours a bit, she's going to 100% be 'Kimber Saoirse Delilah' :baby: Bit of a change from the Scottish! Its in honor of a very close friend:cloud9: Kids are referring to her as kimmy bear:haha:

Drmum, well you know I'm biased for Ruaridh and Alasdhair :winkwink: I guess it depends on how out there you want the name to be?

Sorry for all those still sick :( Mine is improving I think, not vomiting as much and weight has maintained instead of continuing to drop. What are the guidelines for weight? I never looked into it in previous pregnancies.

Lilfoosh, I'm getting the cervical scans too, I started at 2.8cm, 4.8cm seems long! Was it abdominal or vaginal measurement? Do you think you'll go for the cerclage? I'm very much not wanting it!

Not long to your cruise MrsK :happydance: I'm doing pregnant skeleton too :rofl: Just getting the entire thing from etsy though, don't have a crafty bone in my body to try and do the iron on stuff. Mashed potatoes are perfectly fine without meat lol, esp with gravy :munch:

Mommasquirral, glad your move went well:thumbup:

Anyone else getting very regular BHs? Mine are freaking me out quite a bit! Last time I got my first terbutaline shot at 17 weeks! Was also started on nifedipine at 19 weeks, 14 seems so early though:wacko:

Not sure on Theraflu, Tylenol is fine and I was told ibuprofen but not in third tri. Feel better:hugs:

I couldn't last for team yellow:blush: The surprise will be so much fun! I found out gender in part for what I consider a medical reason, my babies are very early, girls do much better in NICU. Finding out she's a girl has given me great reassurance in a very stressful situation, but this is a very out of the norm reason.

Cant wait for more gender updates and esp more cute pics!!!:happydance:

I'm only ironing on my own because the baby I really liked only came with a weirdly small ribcage, and in shirts that I'm pretty sure wouldn't fit (since when is an XL size 12???). I got this little guy, with orange hair (all this heartburn, I bet he's already super hairy!), and ordered the ribcage and legs separately: https://img1.etsystatic.com/014/0/7695417/il_570xN.445573643_9ypv.jpg Even as lazy as I've been lately, I can manage some ironing!

I haven't gotten around to having my mashed potatoes yet. Today is nachos. We were over at my SIL's after the craft fair, showing DH her yard (trying to talk him into hiring someone to pull all the weeds), and we said hi to her chickens. One of them is named Nacho, and as soon as DH mentioned her name, I had to have nachos. They may be lunch and dinner today!

We had fun at the craft fair! We got Teddy a little Bears taggie blanket, and got a couple cute watercolors for the nursery from a lady who had a stall at our farmer's market over the summer. I'll post a photo later. And some stuff for us, too, but I forget what. I'm more excited about the nursery stuff ;)

I'm exhausted from our zoo trip yesterday. My pregnancy tip - never agree to spend 7 hours on a bus, tour a zoo, and spend 7 hours going home while pregnant. Not even if you get to see behind the scenes on the manatee exhibit. Not worth it... Unless maybe it's a really fancy bus! It was a fun trip, but it was too much...

After surviving the zoo trip, though, I think I'm comfortable signing up for the 5k walk next weekend that I've been dithering over. I'm tired and I'm sore from the bus, and I really struggled in the heat (had to go sit in the shade and put my head down on a table because I couldn't handle waiting in line for lunch in the sun), but the forecast is 10 degrees cooler than it was yesterday, and the route is mostly shady, and I did ok with all the zoo walking, so I think I'll be ok. And there are usually people sitting on their porches watching the race, if it really got bad, I'm sure I could ask to sit down on someone's steps for a few minutes.

After the midwife on Tuesday, we have to go back to Ikea. Again. OMG... It'll be a quick trip this time, though - just need some shelves, and we're going to have to get the slatted bed base for the new bed - it's too high with the boxspring, which I suspected would happen. And then we're going to go to Buy Buy Baby and play with strollers :)

Those are so cute! Yeah major heartburn :rofl: OMG. No way on earth should a size 12 be an XL :wacko: Surely that's nearer medium!! Way to affect a woman's self esteem!!! Size 12 is normal/average:shrug:

Man I ahvent even got the energy for ironing, nevermind more IKEA :argh: And a 5K walk?

Nachos :munch: I'm all over croissants for some reason.

Are you doing a bear theme for your nursery then? We're doing bears in a chocolate/pink colour, found at buy buy baby also:thumbup: You'll have a lot of fun there! Def check out the orbit:thumbup: Cant wait to see your nursery pics!

7 hours to get to the zoo? Yeah you are def brave!

Hi everyone!
I haven't been on here in a few days. I flew to Dallas over the weekend to look at houses, and just got home.

MrsK- I definitely think a 5k would destroy me right now. I was exhausted just from looking at houses!

I can't wait to hear about more genders! I admire the strength of you team yellow ladies!

Mummy3- I registered at babies R Us and Target. I don't have a single thing saved from my twins, so I need just about everything lol

I am totally lost on the stroller topic. I don't even know where to start.

I'll probably check out every stroller they have!

We're not doing a nursery theme. I guess the thing that's showing up in art we've bought most often are birds, but we're really just buying whatever we like and think will look good in there. I'm letting him buy a few sports things, but I really don't want a Big Manly Nursery. I'll definitely post a photo, but it'll be awhile til we really put it all together.

I won't iron regular clothes even when I'm not pregnant ;) But I can manage adding ribs on to a shirt! Craft ironing is different.

I only did the zoo trip because it was a one time special opportunity. And we were told the bus was roomy and luxurious. It was big enough that we all got to spread out and take two seats, but it was still not a great bus. Oh well... 5k isn't an unusual distance for me, but I've been walking a lot less these days. I do need to get out and do some exercise, though. Since I work from home, I don't get it during the week, so all I'm getting is these weekend things. I need to get my stamina back up at least a little bit before the trip! I just woke up from a 3 hour nap. Definitely still in zoo recovery!

If I like Buy Buy Baby, we'll probably register there, and I'll pick one other place. I don't know if it'll be Babies R Us or online at Amazon or somewhere else altogether.

How's everyone else feeling tonight?

Alyssa, are you just looking at bigger houses near you? I hated the house buying process, but I LOVE looking at houses.

Did you find a house you love Alyssa? We are in negotiations to buy the house we're renting, so far having success! Its so so hard to make that final decision! So many different aspects to consider, schools, walkability, shopping, neighbours...

Maybe buying what you like and mixing it up in there is a theme:cloud9: Doing up a nursery is so much fun!

Try and take it easy MrsK:hugs:

Congrats on our newest girl!

I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out, but I've pretty much made up my mind that I want to know. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a boy. I have a boy name picked out already. I will be totally surprised if it's a girl, but super happy, too.

Good luck to those buying houses! We bought our house a couple months before our wedding and had to fix up a couple things. We've had it for over 3 years now. It can be a big commitment, but when it's your house, you can do pretty much whatever you want.

In terms of the braxton hicks comment, you actually get them from the beginning. It's just a matter of when you start noticing them. I have been noticing my uterus getting hard here and there and I noticed it pretty early last time as well.

I haven't had any real cravings, but I have had a quesadilla almost every day. I make it on sprouted corn tortillas and I put cheddar cheese, re-fried black beans, salsa, and onions in it. I also cook it in oil until it's crispy. It's delicious :)

I haven't had any real cravings, but I have had a quesadilla almost every day. I make it on sprouted corn tortillas and I put cheddar cheese, re-fried black beans, salsa, and onions in it. I also cook it in oil until it's crispy. It's delicious :)

That sounds delicious!

Except for my initial cravings of lemonade and ranch dressing (not together lol!) I haven't had any "OMG DF go get this for me!" moments yet.

Tomorrow I am picking up my wedding shoes and have to ask how much time they'll need for dress alterations - 6 weeks until the wedding and I have NO IDEA how big I'll be by then! EEK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->