2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

So exciting, missfrick!! Is the dress kind of flowy around the bump? Hopefully it'll be easy to alter and won't take too long. I don't think mine took more than a week.

Yeah it's empire waist so I don't have to worry too much, only if I'm so big that they need to add side panels around the bump to make it more flow-y. The top also needs taking in, but I'm also worried about boobs and back-fat (hahahaha I seem to have gained some back weight, I'm sure the baby needed me to) so I just don't want to get it altered too quickly.

As for shoes I got them dyed, I hope they're the right color to match the wedding colors! Kind of a turquoise-ish - if they are actually ready tomorrow I'll post a pic.

I hope they can leave the boobs til the last minute. Mine have a lovely habit of growing overnight :p I'm sure it'll turn out fine, those alterations ladies have so much experience!

I'm coming down with a cold and my little girl has a horrible stomach bug. I'm feeling pretty damn tired.

But, happy 16 weeks to me.

For the clothes, we found gowns to be the best thing. We brought 3 to the hospital with us and used them as pjs for almost 6 months because it is waaaayyyy easier to change diapers when all you have to do is pull them up! They don't really have sizing, which was why we bougth them to begin with, doc said DS would be over 10lbs "for sure" and he came out 7lbs 15oz. Very glad we had not just brought 0-3 month stuff.like these:
www.target.com/p/gerber-newborn-boy...JZrjmx_TXCPpeSoYB1QFEpHkqzwv930WnGRoCvCvw_wcB

Mummy3, it was vaginal! I was very surprised and happy and relieved since I had measured 2.9 earlier and it usually gets shorter over the course of the pregnancy! I'm not doing the stitch unless I end up with an emergency one, we are just going to monitor it every week and treat as necessary.

I've felt BH from almost the very beginning of this pregnancy, I was extrememly worried at first but as long as they are regular and consistantly spaced it is ok.

Started to feel baby more frequently now too. I've only felt 1 or 2 good kicks, mostly it is just some barely noticable fluttering/bubbling.

Hello everyone! I was out of town all weekend with very spotty internet, so I'm very behind in the thread!

Loozle, congrats on the baby girl!

MissFrick, you must be excited for the big day! It's funny because we went to a beautiful wedding this weekend and all the parents' speeches mentioned how they can't wait for grandchildren. So really, they are never happy. You either get pregnant too early, or too late! Either way, they will definitely love the baby! Don't worry about that.

My mil is pretty easy to get along with so no complaints there. My mom, on the other hand, likes to give advice on how to discipline my toddler etc. That can get annoying, particularly because my dd is fairly well behaved, but really acts out when my parents visit.

I am doing a big craft show this weekend for my side business. So excited, but I have so much stuff to do! I've only done two, both last year, and neither went well, but didn't have the right crowd. I am hoping this one goes better!

Question for all the Canadian Moms, are there any stores besides Thyme and Motherhood that sell Maternity clothes? my 4 pairs of pants are not working this time since my dd gets me dirty every day lol. I don't want to spend a fortune on two pairs of pants though. Does Target or walmart have maternity stuff? I looked at walmart briefly but didn't find anything....

Question for all the Canadian Moms, are there any stores besides Thyme and Motherhood that sell Maternity clothes? my 4 pairs of pants are not working this time since my dd gets me dirty every day lol. I don't want to spend a fortune on two pairs of pants though. Does Target or walmart have maternity stuff? I looked at walmart briefly but didn't find anything....

Hi nelly, I found some ok jeans in old navy but they don't sell online in canada for some reason. Walmart has a limited selection. Next from the uk now has a canadian online store. It's a little more expensive than in the uk but I guess the exchange rate is high at the moment.
It's ca.nextdirect.com . I find their quality quite nice. Also their baby clothes are good.
I haven't found anywhere else really so would like to know what everyone else thinks too !

Oh and re the kids acting out with the disciplinarian grandma- I am exactly with you. Good as gold until she steps through front door, then all this weird behaviour that he would never normally do. It drives me insane!! It's like he can sense he has an audience who will relish every second!

I agree with DrMum, there is some stuff at Walmart but not a very good/big selection, it's usually a rack or two. Old Navy, depending on how big the store is, can have some really good stuff otherwise in the smaller stores there is usually not maternity section at all. Target has a small section as well, I got a bunch of stuff from there earlier. Other than that there are a lot of small boutique places here, but I'm in Toronto.

Aha!! We are not even telling MIL until end of October, but after that I expect some input. She generally keeps her nose out of it because she actually think DH and I are excellent parents. Don't get me wrong, she is terrible and I can't stand her, but when it comes to letting us parent she actually gets some points.

THanks DrMum and LilFooshFoosh! I will check Next and Target :) There are lots of boutique stores here too but so expensive!!!

I never had bh in either of my other pregnancies (or should say I didn't notice any) and haven't had anything yet either.

In other news, 15 weeks today!!!

WalMart has a VERY SMALL maternity section, it's tucked in with their plus sized collection. Target has some things too... Old Navy at Rideau and Bayshore both have maternity sections now as well (though the prices aren't so cheap). I got a pair of Thyme jeans at Value Village for $10, they have huge ranges of sizes.

MrsK and mummy3- I'm definitely not looking in my area. I live in San Diego now, and I'm moving to Dallas TX early in November. I did find a few houses that I love! I have my realtor drafting up an offer on one right now! So we will see! I hope you're able to buy the house you're renting mummy3, moving with several kids sounds like a nightmare.

As for BH, I didn't really have them too bad with my twins. If I had them, they were so moderate, that I hardly noticed. Hopefully it's the same this time! So far so good!

In terms of the braxton hicks comment, you actually get them from the beginning. It's just a matter of when you start noticing them. I have been noticing my uterus getting hard here and there and I noticed it pretty early last time as well.

So glad you mentioned that. I just started noticing it and I thought I was going nuts to be honest.

I never noticed BH with my first, and haven't noticed any this time, but to be honest, I'm not very observant of that kind of stuff if it doesn't actually hurt lol.

Found the maternity section / one rack with t-shirts tanks and leggings at walmart on my lunch break. Bought a pair of leggings so at least I will now be able to wear dresses more than once a week! That should help a little!

Good luck with the purchase, Alyssa!

Maybe check secondhand stores for jeans? Or Craigslist? Or whatever the Canadian equivalent is...

We're having a crazy day here. There was a power surge earlier that knocked out our internet. Finally got it working, and twenty minutes later the power is out! We never get random outages here. I hope it comes back on soon. No outages on the electric company website yet, but it may be too soon.

In other news, I've been feeling little maybe flutters now and then for about a week. They're feeling stronger right now, but it feels too active to be baby. But what do I know? Do they have random dance parties at 16 weeks? What else could this be??

They can be very active!!! It's surprising really. Sometimes you will seriously feel like there is an octopus in there. I remember when I did the diabetes screening test, my dd went crazy about twenty minutes after I drank the sugary drink. You could see her bouncing all over the place :)

Interesting! It's so hard to know if I'm feeling him or if it's just my body doing something totally random.

The power is back on, thankfully. Had to reset the modem and router again. It better not do this all day!

Yes I've been getting BH for a few weeks too. I didn't realise what it was at first, but my bump definitely feels hard and tight at certain points of the day. I don't recall having them this early on before but I must have just not noticed them this early before.

Is anyone else suffering with headaches? I haven't taken paracetamol for them yet as I don't want to take anything unless I absolutely have to. My midwife suggested that I may need to drink more, so I've upped my water intake but it hasn't made any difference. It just means that I have to pee even more frequently! :dohh:

I've had a few headaches. I can usually trace them back to not having eaten enough the night before, or sleeping in a strange position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->