2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I think we're going tomorrow after my appointment. I may need to just borrow my nephew and the Tula sometime and try various bags! I'm having trouble imagining the straps from a diaper bag working with the carrier. Maybe a backpack?

The $3200 appears to be from the blood tests at the first trimester screening. Hopefully the midwife and the lab can convince Blue Cross that they're medically necessary! I even asked about coverage when I made the appointment and they just kind of brushed me off with "We always submit to insurance blah blah blah." That's $3200 I could be spending on strollers and nursery stuff! Hopefully the midwives know more about what's covered.

MrsK- Wow! That is a lot! I opted not to have the screening, so I had no idea it could cost that much with certain insurances. Hopefully they can get it squared away, or at least reduced!

Thanks! I hope so too. The pre insurance-discount quote was over $20,000! Can you imagine??

This will be the last for me mummy. I wasn't really planning on number three, so going on to number four is insane to me. But DH seems to be against any contraceptive measures I've suggested. Frustrating! I'll probably just make a unilateral decision and get mirena or something.

I have an appt on friday. Just a check up though. Also im so in love with the diaper bags that can be used as backpacks. Just so dang expensive I cant see myself spending that much.

On another note baby is so active tonight. I can feel her/him flopping around and it just tickles like crazy!

Anybody have appointments this week

I have my 16 week midwife app on Thursday. Hoping to hear LOs heartbeat! And also finding out my current weight!!!

Talking of baby purchases, anyone have their mind set on a certain diaper bag?

Still not bought anything (waiting til after anomaly scan) but already know my change bag, Storksak Elizabeth. She's pretty!

This is the one I have my eye on:
https://www.pinklining.com/uk/yummy-mummy-birdcage

I had a *couple* (became addicted to buying change bags on mat leave, as you do!) of Pink Lining bags with DD. Loved them all! They last well and I love they are wipe clean. I sold my original bag (pink butterflies Blooming Gorgeous 2 weeks ago for £45, paid £75 2.5 years ago!

Yes pink lining bags do last well! I also love this one:

https://www.pinklining.com/uk/yummy-mummy-wise-owl

They do have an excellent resell value too don't they! I got £40 + postage for mine when I sold it. Chrislo, did you sell yours on eBay?

What has everyone been having for breakfast? I've been finding it hard to know what to eat because I'm still so nauseous in the mornings and being sick at least once a morning. It's definitely worse if I haven't eaten but because I feel sick, nothing sounds good. I'm bored of toast now, but I need something that's quick and easy as the only day I have time in the mornings is a Sunday. The other days I'm working and/or have school runs to do plus swimming lessons for the boys on Saturday mornings.

In other news, I have an urge to clean today (practically unheard of lately :haha:) but I have to go to work. What's the chances that I'll still have the urge later? Slim to none I'd say..

@crystal: I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs for you!

I agree with everyone talking about wipe-clean diaper bags. It's great to not have to worry about mucking them up when you set them on the floor. I have a Babymel from last time around (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GTLRZS/ref=twister_B004KPKDW6). I only paid 30 euros for it, so great deal! Otherwise I don't think I would have paid more than 40 euros for a bag. The resale market is definitely not as developed here.

This is planned as our last bubs as well. I always imagined having two children, so here's to our 4-some! It's also comforting that I won't have to do this morning sickness roller-coaster again! I just can't seem to shake it...

@Loozle: I've been having a bagel for breakfast. I would usually have just cereal and coffee, but that's just not cutting it to fill up my upset stomach in the mornings. That being said, I usually top that off with cereal for 2nd breakfast about an hour later.

Anyone else still feeling sick?

I'm still feeling sick. And still actually being sick, although much less than I was a month or 2 back. I don't whether I'll just be one if the unlucky ones that's ill the whole time. I hope not. I'm holding on to the hope once I get half way it might get better.

Interesting to hear some of you talk about movements. I haven't felt anything yet. Do you think I'm likely to soon? I'm 16 weeks and 5 days.

So sorry for your loss Crystal :(

I have my private gender scan Thursday other than that no apts I'm due my 16week one next week not booked it yet lol

I'll be getting the Babybeau Eden bag. I know it is a bit pricey but I like that it is also leather and can also serve as a regular bag. My leather purses have always lasted years for me. I also consider the bag a gift to myself for a job well done carrying this pregnancy for 9 months!

https://www.baby-beau.com/eden-changing-bag

I also have a SkipHop Duo Deluxe French edition bag that can be used by anyone else.

https://www.skiphop.com/product/duospecialedition.html

And a SkipHop Pronto chevron changing station clutch for grocery runs or quick outings:

https://www.skiphop.com/product/prontochangingstation.html

This will be our last baby as well. Two is a good number for me :)

Still having some sickness almost daily. It's not that bad because it doesn't last all day. It just comes on very quickly, then I vomit, then I feel better. I will be very happy when it stops!

With my first, I was feeling movements around 14 weeks. This time I thought I felt movements one day a couple weeks ago, and nothing really since then. Must be in a different position this time!

Who is maintaining the FB site? I would love to be added now that the cat is outta the bag. =-) I'm showing way too much to hide anything and my Fat bump is now rounder. I've been having moments when it feels very firm and goes back to soft. This is our First so not really sure whats going on in there other than LO is moving like crazy at night.

I'm still very much sick with MS. It's been hitting me before bedtime and throughout the days. But Bedtime is the worst. I figure it will keep any weight gain in check. Just kidding.

Other than praying to the porcelain gods daily I'm alright. I have a little more energy and my DH says I'm less of a witch.

As for movements, I heard that it depends on where your placenta is and if you have a tilted uterus. Both can make it more difficult to feel baby. I have a forward facing uterus so I could feel baby very early. I also suspect that we may have a placenta previa due to all the bleeding I have had. We will find out in a few weeks. FX it's not because I really want a V birth.

How is everyone today?

Hi MommaSquirrel, I can add you if you give your email address :) Either on here, or pm.

I had placenta previa with my first, but it wasn't completely covering my cervix and moved up by 34 weeks so all was good. I wasn't allowed to do much physically between 20 and 34 weeks though to be safe. Fingers crossed that you don't have it, or if you do, it moves up in time for delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->