2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Anyone else still feeling sick?

My all day nausea left me for 3 whole days but it came back on Saturday. I Still vomit every other day. Can't wait for it to stop properly ..... if it ever will!

Interesting to hear some of you talk about movements. I haven't felt anything yet. Do you think I'm likely to soon? I'm 16 weeks and 5 days.

This is your first isn't it? I started feeling my first born at 14 weeks then daily from 16 weeks. This LO started moving around 11 weeks. Everyone is different though as in different positions of baby & also placenta. Hope you start feeling your LO soon!

Yes pink lining bags do last well! I also love this one:

https://www.pinklining.com/uk/yummy-mummy-wise-owl

They do have an excellent resell value too don't they! I got £40 + postage for mine when I sold it. Chrislo, did you sell yours on eBay?

I was thinking of getting the owls BG for DH funnily enough. He's not having my Storksak!!! I sold it on eBay yes but I know there were some groups on FB where you could sell your Pink Lining bits! I still have a QT in pink butterflies design which I love!

MrsK the vampire comment stood right out to me :rofl: Reminds me of an old show where the guy needs a pint of blood taken and he goes "a pint!! That's almost an armful" :rofl:

Sounds like Thursday is a busy day :happydance: Getting so exciting to see how big all our little babies are getting:cloud9: I absolutely love the anatomy scan, its so cool seeing in detail your baby and just staring in amazement that they are inside us:cloud9: That feeling never gets less no matter how many babies you have.

Chrislo,I think it was you that mentioned the storksak Elizabeth? Now I'm second guessing my petunia cake bag! That bag is sooooo pretty!!! My wants for the bag is to be solid material, like leather, so it lasts ages, can be easily cleaned, big as lots things need to be in there and black to go with the stroller and I guess that makes it DH friendly:winkwink: Not that he'll be getting a look in lol. Hmm back to searching again:haha:

For first babies it can be mid pregnancy or later for movements, I cant remember exactly but I think it was about 22 weeks for proper movement my first. This time have been having solid movements for about 7 weeks. Although not felt her in 2 days :( Starting to panic some.

I saw a previa comment? I have a marginal just now but about a 90% chance it will move up, Its as you get later its less likely. My 3rd was a c section for previa, she was a complete previa at 20 weeks and did move up but not enough.

Insurance is so complicated!!! I miss the NHS in the sense of knowing exactly where you're at! Although I do love the private care here so a trade off. Last time we had Aetna as private insurance and it cost $20000+ for my delivery :argh: This time hubby has company insurance so its about $5k, but still!!! Now with there being a big contract under negotiation, he's telling me we might be going back to aetna:coffee: SO I feel like getting all and everything done to make the most of the money :rofl: Did get really pissed off the other week though, my sons special formula is being fought by insurance not wanting to pay ($80 a can, 3/4 a week!) even though its literally the only thing he can eat for a confirmed by biopsy extreme allergy condition he wont grow out of:growlmad: Sorry huge insurance rant!!! So sorry you're dealing with this crap too MrsK, please let me know if the crying works!:hugs:

Nelly and Missfrick, I've never personally had PPD but have seen first hand how truly devastating it is:hugs: I'm so glad you guys have the support and care ready to spot any signs of it as fast as possible:hugs: I just cant imagine how soul destroying it must be :( :hugs: It is an amazing thing you're doing to raise awareness, the thought of women having to go through this ashamed and scared to ask for help is just not right. Thankyou.

My hubby wanted 8 :rofl: If I didn't deliver so early then I honestly think we'd have gone for it:blush:

Getting so excited about getting a nursery ready!!! Anyone else started properly or getting to the point its hard not to get started?! I've never set up a proper nursery before! Obv babies all had crib etc, but never a themed room:happydance:

I hope everyones having as good a day as possible, sickness, headaches aside?

Whats for dinner tonight? Need ideas :munch:

Anyone heard from Menelly too, excited to hear if she got her panorama results yet!!

I'm excited about the nursery! Only thing stopping me from starting is that it's still the dining room!

We looked around Buy Buy Baby today, had lots of fun! I'm exhausted, though. We had to stop at Ikea, too. I'm starting to think I'll never escape Ikea...

We looked at all the strollers, and we really liked the Baby Jogger City Select. It seems to have all the features I want. It was a little tricky to fold, but I think I'll get the hang of it. It's a good thing we liked a less expensive stroller, because we both fell madly in love with a $1000 glider... I shouldn't have left DH unattended! He also loved everything made by 4Moms. He kept getting interested in stuff and I kept laughing and pointing out the brand. Men and shiny things...

Oh a few scans this week! So exciting! Mummysmurf, are you finding out what you're having? Do either of you have any feelings whether it's a boy or a girl? I am still convinced girl. I find out October 2nd!

For us, we all have boy vibes. I couldn't wait till my anatomy scan, so I booked a private scan for Oct 4th. Hopefully they can tell then!

Anyone heard from Menelly too, excited to hear if she got her panorama results yet!!

No, the jerks didn't draw enough blood this time, so they didn't even run the test. :( Now I get to wait till the gender scan, cause I opted for the integrated scan rather than keep hoping Panorama will come back not sucking.

I scheduled a private scan for Oct 4th though. I have no patience. LOL

Oh, I forgot to post earlier, but the midwife's scale had me up SEVEN pounds today! Considering that I was holding steady a week ago, I'm gonna have to assume their antique scale was feeling a little cranky today... I'm getting a little big, but not 7lbs in a week big!

Anyone else not doing a nursery? We didn't do one last time and Violet still shares a room with us. No plans for a nursery or toddler room when the next one comes. I would, however, like to paint the walls of the toyroom. Not sure how I want to do the walls yet.

Baby will be in our room in bassinet/pack n play for the first 6 months at least, so readying a nursery isn't an incredibly high priority right now. Though we will have to do some work to the guest room. Probably get it half ready as a nursery, but prepare it so mil can stay in there a little while to help out with the older two after baby comes.

Chrislo,I think it was you that mentioned the storksak Elizabeth? Now I'm second guessing my petunia cake bag! That bag is sooooo pretty!!! My wants for the bag is to be solid material, like leather, so it lasts ages, can be easily cleaned, big as lots things need to be in there and black to go with the stroller and I guess that makes it DH friendly:winkwink: Not that he'll be getting a look in lol. Hmm back to searching again:haha:

Whats for dinner tonight? Need ideas :munch:

The leather on the storksaks is so soft and i love how it looks like a mummy bag also rather than just a change bag, if that makes sense? I dont mind spending the extra because its basically my handbag til i go back to work! I just know this time round i only need 2 bags (1 for me, 1 for DH) I wont tell you how many bags i ended up with my DD :blush:

Dinner tonight is roast chicken with looooads of cabbage & gravy. It was my first proper craving but just havent gotten round to making one. I cant wait, how sad!

Oh, I forgot to post earlier, but the midwife's scale had me up SEVEN pounds today! Considering that I was holding steady a week ago, I'm gonna have to assume their antique scale was feeling a little cranky today... I'm getting a little big, but not 7lbs in a week big!

I have my MW app tomorrow and am utterly dreading getting on the scales. With my DD i lost 16lbs initially due to having HG but i doubt ive lost anything this time round. My tummy is HUGE!

We're not doing up a room either. We're renting, so no painting, and some of the walls are solid concrete, so we can't even hang things with nails! We will have to rotate DD out of her room and into what is now the office so that the baby will have the most secluded room which shares a wall with ours. Does anyone have advice about changing rooms with small children?

Frenchie, when we changed DS to his 'big boy' room we talked it up a bit first, put all his toys in there, got him a sheet set he liked, etc just to get him interested in being in the room. Then we started putting him in there for naps. I think it all would have worked, but a wrench got thrown in when our friends got flooded out of their apartment and came to live with us for 2 months. The mum, dad & 7 month old stayed in the baby room and the 10 yo stayed in the big boy room, DH, me & DS all stayed in our room (we have big rooms, so DS was still in his toddler bed just in our room). When they left we just moved DS straight into the big boy room and didn't look back.

Since you can't paint or really hang anything maybe you could let DD pick out some posters or something for the walls? Having her make it her space will help her want to be in there.

Frenchie we've moved DS loads of times poor soul! At this little age they LOVE it. My advice talk it up beforehand "mummy is planning an extra special treat for you..." And give them clues to start guessing.
Do it long in advance of the new baby arriving so they don't link the two. And then get it all done when they are away ( I once made the mistake if DS seeing me taking apart his old room and he thought I was just trashing it for some reason!) so a day trip to a friends or something.
And then you get the fun of a big reveal, in a new room with all their "stuff" to make it familiar. Usually new wall decals or something they are really into at that time.
I hope I'm done with moving house now....five times in four years is WAY too much!

I've always been amazed though how quickly DS adapts to a new room and knows where the lights are, the route to the bathroom etc. good luck!

Interesting to hear some of you talk about movements. I haven't felt anything yet. Do you think I'm likely to soon? I'm 16 weeks and 5 days.

This is your first isn't it? I started feeling my first born at 14 weeks then daily from 16 weeks. This LO started moving around 11 weeks. Everyone is different though as in different positions of baby & also placenta. Hope you start feeling your LO soon![/QUOTE]

Yes it is my first. So I guess it could be any time now.

We will be doing the nursery... Eventually. We don't have a lot of spare money at the moment. So the plan is to get everything we absolutely have to get first, and things like decorating the nursery can wait till baby is born. It'll prob be in with us for quite a while anyway so there's no rush.

We will be doing a nursery, but the baby will be in our room for the first 3-6 months at least. We already have the crib and everything. Just need to decorate. We have a spare double bed in that room as well, so I want it set up for visitors after the baby is born.

I don't know if il be able to decorate a nursery or not yet, I have to find a house after my hol in 3week so depends on house. Not long to go now til I know the gender, feel free.to vote boy or girl hehe :p

Kids do love changing rooms, I find they migrate in the night too but that could be a lots of kids thing. Never quite know who's going to be in what room in the morning:haha: But they're all good sleepers so all good.

MrsK, I have a city select, its my go to stroller if I have to go somewhere requiring a lot of space to keep things, the basket underneath is awesome! Not the easiest to fold or fit in a car but its solid and will last:thumbup: At one point I had 3 kids on it at once (2 in stroller seats, 1 on a buggy board) and it handled that!

No way 7lb is a true gain in a week:wacko: Got to say though, each scale you use will give different results and there's a few out there that add on a lot. Go by how you feel, how your clothes fit and by your own scale at home so you can monitor gain on the same machine.

Menelly, what a screw up with the panorama bloods :( The gender scan will be here sooooo fast though:happydance: Interesting to see if your vibes are right for boy.

DrMum, that's a lot of houses!!!

Chrislo, I'm having the same thoughts, having one that looks like a mummy bag means lots of extra use to justify the cost, well that's what to tell hubby ;) :rofl: Curious now to know how many bags you had??

Roast chicken sounds soooo good, its finding the energy to cook though!

We'll be having baby in with us at first too (well post NICU), no way would a preemie be left in their own room right away! We have an arms reach co sleeper for the early days:thumbup: Still excited to do the nursery though! Getting it done before getting too far long to have the energy and being on bedrest and of course once babies here the chances of being able to get the time to do it is about 0.

Lilfoosh, that was incredibly kind of you to open your home like that to a family in need:hugs:

What's everyone got on today? I'm braving target while its just baby Alasdhair at home then have to do the grocery shop :argh:

We'll be doing a nursery, but for the first few months the baby will be in the room with us in a bassinet. We'll be having my husbands family visiting from Australia. So inlaws plus SIL. My mother will also be staying with us so we'll have a few people! LOL :)

I'm not planning on doing much with the nursery. The walls will get painted, but it will be a neutral color. I plan on doing the bumper and all the other stuff in the boy or girl colors. But, I'm not much of a designer, so I can already hear my mom/sister telling me what to put in there! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->