2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Tomorrow is the big day yay!!

Insurance is hell to go through just being pregnant I work for aetna and I have two insurance policies just to cover my prenatal care.

I am not doing a nursery baby will share the bedroom for at least nine months before moving on then we'll think of something

Today is rest day, after doing the midwife, Ikea, and Buy Buy Baby yesterday!

We're doing the nursery, but he'll room in with us while he's tiny. I want him close, and it's a hassle to get from our bedroom to the nursery at 3am. Once he outgrows the bassinet, he'll move to the nursery. I want it ready nice and early, though. I'll probably have him nap in there, if I can, so the crib is familiar, and I don't want to deal with decorating while we have a baby to take care of. We're kind of halfway there, actually. The nursery is going to be what's currently our barely used dining room (actually mostly storage), and we've always had it in mind as a future nursery. The walls are halfway the color we want - we had some issues under the chair rail so that needs painting. And we've mostly put art in there that would be ok for a baby, and we've picked up some more things since then. So we just need to swap out the furniture, paint the bottom half, and replace the beer poster with some little bird paintings ;)

We're back to crib shopping. DH liked my favorite Ikea crib ok, but he found some others he likes. I think the frontrunner right now is the DaVinci Highland, but I want to see it in person. It just barely squeaks in under my "No way am I paying that much for a piece of furniture we're only using for a few years!" line. We also bought me a new dresser that fits better into our bedroom. My old dresser is only a couple years old and in great shape, so it seems irresponsible to not just give that one to the baby. I HATE that dresser, but I'm looking into painting it or getting some decals or something. I thought I'd finally won the battle to get a Hemnes dresser into the house, even if it wasn't in our room :( But we did get Hemnes bookcases for the office, so I'll take solace in that. First world problems, right?

I got on the scale this morning, and it shows me up about 5lbs. That still seems like a lot to gain in one week. I gained my first 5lbs all in one week, too. I wonder if that's going to be a pattern for me. Gain 5lbs all at once, then hold steady for months, then gain 5lbs all at once again? I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if I gain too much (I think another 30lbs or so?) I won't be able to do a waterbirth. It kind of sucks to watch the weight creep back up after I worked so hard for 2 years to lose weight, but that's just part of being pregnant. A lot of it is boob, too. My bras are all too small again.

Roast chicken does sound good, but who knows if I'd want it if it was in front of me? I wish the meat aversion had faded with the other first trimester symptom!

How's everyone feeling? Who's next to find out the sex? Any private scans coming up? I need to schedule my 20 week scan today if I want to get it on the day I want.

Oh, and I have a question. I asked the midwife about seasickness so I'd have an emergency plan on the cruise. I don't get seasick and I didn't get morning sickness, so I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's my first cruise and I don't want to be in the middle of the sea with no Walgreens and no internet and suddenly feel horrible. She gave me some Diclegis samples. Anyone taken it? I don't expect to need it, but I'd like to have an idea of what side effects to expect if I do take it. Does it make you drowsy or anything?

I think Mamasmurf and LadyBrown both find out tomorrow maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong. I find out Oct. 2nd, if baby cooperates :)

I have another scan tomorrow, but unless baby is sitting with his/her legs wide open we aren't going to find out (at least not yet, but I reserve the right to change my mind!).

We had started to get the nursery ready again earlier this year, so this time we aren't planning on doing anything until after 20 weeks. We did buy our first (this) baby thing yesterday, I got 2 muslin blankets in neutral colours. If my appointment goes well tomorrow DH will be buying something this weekend. I think every time we have a good appointment we will buy something small.

DS bunked in our room for a little, the first 4 weeks or so, but then he started sleeping for 8 hour stretches at night so we moved him to his own room. It wasn't consistent at first but by the time he was a 2 months old he slept through 99% of the time. Just a heads up, the first time your baby sleeps through the night is scary as shit! When DH and I woke up and realized we hadn't heard anything from DS for 8 hours I made my DH go check to make sure DS was still breathing. The same thing happened to the other parents we know, so I am pretty sure it normal... :blush:

I haven't heard of it MrsK, what about seasickness bands? They are relatively inexpensive and you don't have to worry about side effects

I think Mamasmurf and LadyBrown both find out tomorrow maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong. I find out Oct. 2nd, if baby cooperates :)

I know there's myself and someone else findin out tomorrow but can't remember who other was lol il prob upload all pics to a site n link them because I'm gettin 30+ images :D iv given dd the day off nursery so we can have a nice lie in n not messing around pickin her up then rushing there :D

Sleeping through at 2 months? That's amazing! How lucky! I bet I'd freak out the first time, too. That's part of why I want him right by the bed - I want to be able to reach out and poke him for reassurance ;)

I'm thinking about ordering sea bands, too. I'd prefer to avoid meds if I can. I thought it was funny that the midwife didn't even mention them. I think the main ingredient in the Diclegis is the same one as the Unisom that isn't diphenhydramine, but there's something else in there, too. Funny, because she said it was expensive to prescribe, but Unisom is over the counter. Hopefully it doesn't end up mattering, I can't imagine I'd suddenly get super sick out of nowhere.

I was going to ask about hot tubs, but I felt like I had so many other questions, I skipped that one. I have an appointment right before we leave, so I'll ask then. I just want to know if I can dangle my feet, I know getting in altogether isn't allowed, and I don't want dirty looks anyway...

Another novel... I guess I'm feeling talkative today!

So true about the sleeping through, although we didn't experience that until 8 months haha. The other thing that scared us for the first month or so was waking up in the middle of the night thinking that the baby was in the bed with us! Really weird, and every other parent I know had the same dream/experience.

Very exciting, mummy smurf! Do you have any hunches?

Nope non just hopin for a girl although il be happy with either :D most of our family is girls so think I have a great chance there's only my sister who has had a mix of boys and girls. It's crazy really because iv read it's not anything related to a family just which sperm gets through :p

Hey all so great to see all these pregnancies progressing so well..just thought I would let you know I had a d&c on August 6 as I had a blighted ovum..but great news we are given the green light to try again so I'm currently at 5dpo so time will..:)

Hey all so great to see all these pregnancies progressing so well..just thought I would let you know I had a d&c on August 6 as I had a blighted ovum..but great need we are given the green light to try again so I'm currently at 5dpo so time will..:)

Thats great news, good luck :D

Hey all so great to see all these pregnancies progressing so well..just thought I would let you know I had a d&c on August 6 as I had a blighted ovum..but great news we are given the green light to try again so I'm currently at 5dpo so time will..:)

I'm so sorry to read this :( Good luck to you! I hope you'll update us when you get your BFP!

We are definitely doing a nursery, but I am not sure if we will be able to get it done before she comes, since we have a big move right before the holidays. Like most people, she will be sleeping in a basinet in our room until she sleeps through the night. I agree that it is scary the first time you wake up and realize the sun is shining and the baby is still asleep! I did the same thing and made my husband go check on them lol. My girls were also sleeping through the night around 2.5 months old! It was great!

I am excited for the upcoming gender reveals! I have a close friend who is 3 weeks ahead of me and is finding out tomorrow too! Although she is keeping it a secret until Saturday, so the anticipation will be difficult!

We will be doing a nursery. Haven't decided yet if baby will be rooming with us for a bit or starting out straight in their own room. Likely rooming in until they grow out of the bassinet.

Oh, My, Goodness, I think I just felt the baby move. I just felt a few flutters and I know it's not gas! :) It is different kind of flutter feeling! YAAAY! :) I hope this continues!

Very cool!! I'm still not sure if I'm feeling baby or some strange new digestive thing...

Haha, MrsK, it probably is some new digestive thing! :) I prefer to think it's the baby saying hello! :)

Hope you guys don't mind I stick around even tho I'm not pregnant anymore so excited to here about all these gender reveal..so exciting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->