2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Alyssa I'm very sorry about your grandpa.

Like others, I think Cadance Grace flows much better.

Swampmaiden: I stopped taking my increased FA at 13 weeks, my OB said it was only important during the first trimester. Then we saw some friends last week who said she took it throughout, so I will be asking next Friday at my next appointment. I think the most important thing is to follow your doctor/midwive's directions.

Is anyone coloring their hair, or even using lightening/bleach products. After my wedding I want a change with my hair and was considering ombre or some fun colors or something. I don't want a shorter/drastic cut, but color might be fun. I researched online and many people said their docs said it was fine, and that even pregnant women work in salons... I'm on the fence and wonder what you ladies think?

I wouldn't worry about hair dye, especially in the second trimester. The literature my midwives gave me at the first appointment said dye is ok. I might ask before bleaching just because it wasn't covered in my book. I touched up with semi-permanent through the first trimester (only because they don't make permanent wild colors), and as soon as I get over this case of the lazies, I'm going to go over the last little bit that's still bleached out. I would probably avoid anything really drastic that would require constant attention and touch-ups, though. Ombre would be a great choice if you suck to your natural color near the roots, because the bleach and dye wouldn't be touching your scalp and it wouldn't need to be constantly redone as it grows out. Once it's bleached, the semi-permanent wild colors are often safer, too. And the obvious, stick to a well ventilated area.

Alyssa, I'm so sorry about your grandpa:hugs: What a nightmare going all the way over then having to look 2 hours out :nope: I will be odd one out, I think Cadence Madison flows better:baby:

Loving the names!!! The Theodore race is on :rofl:

I love Suki:cloud9:

MissFrick, glad the dress and shoes are able to be adjusted and darkened but I'm sorry you felt faint:hugs: Are you getting really excited now?

MrsK, my starbucks is a mile away and I don't drive but then we got a nanny and it became way to easy :argh:

Nicoley, brilliant news:happydance:

Swampmaiden, few months from now, I'll let you hold my exorcist baby :rofl: Love the onesie idea, very special:cloud9: I'm still taking the increased folic acid, will be until perinatology say to stop, likely 20+ weeks but I'm on seizure meds so could be slightly different. I actually think Valkyrie would be an awesome girl name!!

Animal fries :munch:

Nicoley congratulations on the :bfp: so pleased for you!

Alyssa, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandpa. :hug:
I love the sound of poutine but have never heard of cheese curds. I figure that any kind of cheese is good :thumbup: I'm fairly certain we don't have anything like poutine here but now I'm wondering if I can make it myself :haha: this might be a stupid question, but what are animal fries?

AFM, I wasn't sick at all yesterday and today I've been awake for 3 hours and haven't been sick yet. Only feel slightly queasy, which I assume will go when I've eaten - I'm making breakfast now :happydance:
I'm not silly enough to think that this is the end of my sickness since I had it the whole way through pregnancy with my boys but it's nice to get a bit of a break from it!

Alyssa, sorry to hear about your grandpa and that you're not in as desirable an area as you'd hoped. My parents live in Abilene, TX, so that's where I go "home" when I'm in the states (even though they moved there when I was already away at college/uni, so I don't really know the area that well)

Victor is a popular name here in France. Along with Gaspard (silent D at the end)

I'm the opposite on boy/girl names as you, missfrick. Our #1 boy name is very traditional, but for a girl it's a little more out-there.

I've been really wanting to bleach my mustache (classy, I know), but I've been wondering about putting the product right under my nose. I think I did it once halfway through my last pregnancy because I couldn't take it anymore. I have my 4th month checkup on Friday, maybe I'll ask, but I'll more likely chicken out.

All this talk of poutine has got me craving tartiflette and raclette: both cheese/potato/meat based dishes from the mountainous areas of France. (Think high-calorie ski lodge foods) They're a good option during pregnancy since the cheese gets well-cooked, but the charcuterie/meat element is a little trickier to keep safe. I guess my appetite is back!

I took a hospital tour last night & was really disappointed that I will be in THREE different rooms. Triage, labor/delivery & then postpartum. There's a CHANCE I could skip triage, if I come in & I'm in active labor. When I delivered my son, at a different hospital, I did everything in one room, which I loved. It was so comfortable. My doctor only delivers at this hospital now... So if I decided to go elsewhere then I'll have to switch docs. Which I might do. I love my doc though, so I torn! But I really think having to be moved around so often will just put more stress on an already stressful situation. Am I crazy?!

Wow, I wouldn't like that either Snowbunnie! My hospital keeps us in the same room until a couple hours after the baby is born. I don't even understand why they would want to move patients around so much.

Alyssa sorry about your Grandpa and the move stuff. :hugs:

MissFrick I don't know about bleach and there are mixed reviews on hair dye, but there definitely are preggos who are hair stylists and are given the go ahead to keep dying other people. They have to wear gloves (which they always do anyway). Lots of people suggest getting highlights done instead of a full head dye because there is less, if any, that touches your scalp- if you are really worried about it. If you are going to ask your doc anyway and they say no to dying maybe ask about highlights? And YAY for being able to get your dress refitted and shoes redyed.

Swamp I have read a number of posts from the pregnant chicken blog, I think they are hilarious. I actually posted a link from a guest post just the other day! too funny

Snowbunnie I don't think you are crazy, lots of people plan home births or go to birth centres for the same reason. I was in 3 (technically 4 but I don't remember 1 change as I was out cold) rooms and I didn't find it bad at all. I was in L&D but then ended up having an emerg c-section so was moved into operating and then recovery, then I was moved into the postpartum section. I'm not sure about the hospital where you are, but the rooms were all on the same floor in the same area. We didn't bother to bring our hospital bag in or anything until after I had delivered, so DH didn't have too much to move. And he popped out after we were told baby & I were being released to get the baby bag & car seat. I had private rooms the whole time though, so not sure if it would have been a completely different story if any room was semi or ward. They don't make you walk or anything and if you have stuff to move with you it can go on the bed while they wheel you over. We really didn't think about it too much when it was all happening though.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well. It's very hard to keep up with this fast moving thread, but congrats to those who have found out the gender of their little one! that's so exciting!! I'm so tempted to know but OH and I aren't finding out.

Just wanted to update and say my private scan went perfectly. Baby is still doing well and looking so long in comparison to the 12 week scan.

Baby didn't want to pose for a photo, think they were originally sleeping on their side. This is what we got in the end at 14weeks 5days.

scan cropped.jpg

feel so blessed

So my exciting news is that I booked our maternity and newborn pictures !

It felt a bit of a gamble, as it's the first thing that I've "done" which assumes that this pregnancy will all go well but it felt like the right thing to do.

So maternity pics will be mid jan and baby will be March 3rd. Crazy!!

So, how is everyone today? I have a day off today. It also strikes me that I look very pregnant suddenly!no sucking in that baby belly now! I wish I could feel more movements but the damn anterior placenta is my curse so it's just little taps and wriggles in certain positions.hopefully within another week or so it will be obvious.

Alyssa, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. With all the stress of your move as well that's got to be hard. :hugs:

Loving the names which are emerging! We are so indecisive this time. Someone asked if we will be sharing the name before hand... We don't even share gender before as our families are not shy of offering their opinions, so we would rather just announce at birth with a name in one go! So only you guys know he is a boy!! Shhh haha!

Glad to hear our higher risk ladies are all getting good care too. Lilfoosh I've been thinking about you hun, and hoping you are doing ok and mummy3 you are an amazing superstar advert for remaining positive about preemies!

AFM, next scan 22nd and then MFM on 29th, then fetal echo dec 1st. A busy time ahead!

Have an awesome day lovely ladies!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well. It's very hard to keep up with this fast moving thread, but congrats to those who have found out the gender of their little one! that's so exciting!! I'm so tempted to know but OH and I aren't finding out.

Just wanted to update and say my private scan went perfectly. Baby is still doing well and looking so long in comparison to the 12 week scan.

Baby didn't want to pose for a photo, think they were originally sleeping on their side. This is what we got in the end at 14weeks 5days.

View attachment 807675

feel so blessed

Congratulations, I wish I was able to resist the temptation of knowing but I couldn't you are very strong for that!!

Swamp I have read a number of posts from the pregnant chicken blog, I think they are hilarious. I actually posted a link from a guest post just the other day! too funny

thats how I found them, I followed the link you posted on the other thread and after reading around, I found that one on Things I Swore I Would Never Do When I Had Kids... it was too funny, but the credit is all yours!! :)

here it is again for anybody that didnt check it out earlier:
https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pre.../22/when-i-have-kids-i-will-never-______.html

and Animal Fries are from a burger chain here in the West called In n Out burger.. they take a regular basket of fries and smother them in american cheese, grilled onions and thousand island dressing. Its an extremely decadent treat here

Those are hilarious! Thanks for reposting the link Swampmaiden. I meant to check it out the other day and time got away with me.

I absolutely identify with so many of them!

Gosh those animal fries sound indecently good... She says - whilst drinking gaviscon straight out the bottle! Never let it be said I don't keep it real.....

Anyone else got wicked heartburn of late? Maybe it's just as well I don't have an animal fries place near me!!

Those are hilarious! Thanks for reposting the link Swampmaiden. I meant to check it out the other day and time got away with me.

I absolutely identify with so many of them!

Gosh those animal fries sound indecently good... She says - whilst drinking gaviscon straight out the bottle! Never let it be said I don't keep it real.....

Anyone else got wicked heartburn of late? Maybe it's just as well I don't have an animal fries place near me!!

I have heart burn it never went from my first pregnancy so got used to it and I too just drink it from the bottle hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->