2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

CHEERS! mummy_smurf!! I love that I'm not the only classy one!!

Lots to catch up on today! I'll try not to miss anything.

I've had lots of heartburn. It's not too strong, usually, but it's every single day, from the start. I probably had heartburn three times in my whole life before I got pregnant, and now it's Tums in the living room, Tums on my nightstand, Tums in the car, and Tums in my purse. I'm thinking I need more Tums for my other purse, I got stuck without them last week ;) I haven't tried Gaviscon, but I would no doubt just drink it from the bottle if I did!

For sore throats, I usually use Ricola throat drops and lots of lemon tea with honey. And popsicles. I haven't researched, but I don't see why any of those wouldn't be ok in pregnancy. If it's really bad, I add a painkiller like Aleve. I guess it would have to be Tylenol now, if you're comfortable taking it. I can't take the main ingredient in pretty much every cold medicine out there, so I rely pretty heavily on more natural treatments. I hear gargling with salt water also helps, but I never remember that when my throat hurts.

I love Pregnant Chicken. I've been reading her blog for years, despite not being pregnant or even TTC :p

DrMum, photos sound exciting! I hope you'll share them! DH and my brother are both accomplished amateur photographers, so I'll probably see about doing some kind of unofficial photo shoot with them. There's no hiding my pregnancy now, either. I finally hit the "Pregnant" end of "Is she fat or pregnant?"

Three rooms on three floors is crazy! They could use that same space to just make enough rooms for everyone to stay put, no? I wonder how many babies are born in elevators there ;) I get to stay in the same room in theory, but there are only a few of the special rooms for the midwives at my hospital, so if I've given birth and another mom comes in in labor, I can get booted to a regular recovery room. Lets hope everyone keeps their legs closed that week!

Nice scan, BumpWishes! My 20 week is coming up (unbelievable!) and I can't wait!

Loozle, there's no replacement for cheese curds. Because they're "green" cheese that hasn't been aged at all, there's no readily available alternative. But poutine might work ok with little cheese chunks in a pinch. Or you can make friends with a dairy farmer ;)

Now I want raclette. I'm not sure where I'd get it, unless I wait for Christkindlemarket in December, but someone's gotta make it. I think I'll tell DH we need to take a Cheese Tour this weekend ;)

I'm not allergic to lemsips etc just always been told they are a no no in pregnancy. Iv had the cold so long I'm ready for giving in and having some and I dnt wanna be ill for holiday in 3week. If had the cold a good two week now :(

Nelly, road trip to our nearest In N Out Burger? (LOL you ready to drive to LA?) I think I NEED Animal Fries now!

I'm not sure about the decongestant in Lemsip. The paracetamol should be safe. I just use regular lemon tea and add honey. You could probably just add lemon to a cup of tea, too. If you're worried about caffeine, there are herbal lemon teas out there. I know herbal teas can be iffy in pregnancy, but I wouldn't hesitate to drink one if it was a reputable brand and I could check which herbs were in it to make sure they were all ok.

I believe honey is off limits during pregnancy, and no honey for little ones until they are a year old.

Thanks ladies. Have any of you got notes from your scan that you dont understand? Mine says iup (which i know) but then what looks like a > with a u above, then the word 'dates'. Does that make sense aha?

MrsKchicago that is so exciting for you!! Mine feels ages away.

DrMum I also have an anterior placenta, hoping I won't have to wait till too late to feel movement.

Aha ladybrown33, it's our first and we think the surprise will just be amazing, but I would like a girl first so finding out is even more tempting!! I'm struggling aha.

I've heard no honey for babies because of the botulism risk, but I've never heard no honey during pregnancy. Gonna go look it up now.

Yes, look it up, because if I'm wrong, I want some honey :)

Yesterday I posted on FB that we would be finding out what we're having tomorrow and said people can guess if they want. One of my Mom's friends commented that I need to make my mom happy and have one of each... So random. The funny thing is that I know my mom will be happy whether it's a boy or a girl, plus she does already have a grandson from my brother anyway. I just find it funny what people will say!

Also, I will be happy whether we have a girl or a boy, but I think I would like a girl just a teeny bit more. I think that's because we lost my sister when she was 24 and I was 23. We were very close, and I would love for my daughter to have the relationship that we had. I am very very close to my brother too of course, but there is definitely something special about sisters.

I've heard no honey for babies because of the botulism risk, but I've never heard no honey during pregnancy. Gonna go look it up now.

Let me know please as il be going shop tomorrow to get something. I'm fed up of bein ill now thou really I should be thankful I'm not throwing up or worse with constipation lol. I remember takin a few lemsips with my daughter without probs from what iv read it's the risk of increased bp.

I'm torn about whether I want a girl or boy as well. I would love it either way but, having already had a boy, the thought of wiping up poop from a baby girl scares the bejeezus outta me! I wish I was kidding, but I am terrified if I have a girl she will have chronic infections and it will be my fault =(

I just did a quick search. It's hard to find really trustworthy sources, but the consensus is that honey is safe. Mayo Clinic's opinion is "We don't know," BabyCenter's "experts" (all ob-gyns) say it's fine, Livestrong says it's good but doesn't give good sources, The Bump's "expert" says pasteurized honey is good. The overall opinion is that, while there is botulism in honey, they adult digestive system is more than capable of killing it long before it hits the fetus, whereas a baby's immature digestive system would be more sensitive.

There are mixed reports on pasteurization. Some say only eat pasteurized honey, some say the pasteurization process for honey is different than the process for dairy and juice and only really stops the honey crystallizing.

I bet anything thick and syrupy and the same texture as honey would be soothing in tea, though, if you're not comfortable with actual honey. Brown rice syrup, maybe?

I hope honey is ok! I have been having honey sandwiches a few days a week!!

Now that I am back home on my PC I can upload my gender scan pic. Little girl number 3 for us :pink::pink::pink:

Attachments

• 10719122_10154730268780691_1334317322_n.jpg
    10719122_10154730268780691_1334317322_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 12
nice, Foxy.. I can actually see her little ear on the bottom photo!!

thats awesome theres In n Out burgers as far as Utah and Texas.. my girlfriend got triple gold stars today for bringing me animal style fries.. I seriously couldve ate a whole 'nother one lol

as for poutines, couldnt you use cottage cheese as a substitute? I always thought those little balls were cheese curds? If my husband ever manages to fulfill the promised East Coast vacation, Im going to try one.. you girls got me going :haha:

No, cottage cheese wouldn't work. Those are curds, but it's a totally different flavor and texture.

I asked DH to bring home some prunes when he got groceries, and he brought these fancy looking D'Noir prunes, because it's all they had. There's a big spiel on the back about how they spent 100 years developing this exact technique for superior prunes, and only a few plums are selected from the orchard, and so on. My eyes about rolled out of my head - they're prunes! They make you poop! How complicated do they have to be? Was naming them in French really necessary?

Let me tell you, ladies - these prunes are delicious. They may be the best prunes I've ever had. I will never again roll my eyes at pretentious laxative fruit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->