2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

LOL @ MrsK : Don't mess with the French and their prunes! There's a whole region of the country known for them. And that's where the word prune comes from. "Une prune" in French is actually a plum. Same as where the word raisin comes from ("un raisin" = grape)

LilFoosh, I feel the same way but about changing a boy's diaper. Isn't it hard to clean around his man business every time he has a poo? And while you're busy cleaning up, how do you avoid him peeing at you? I got used to the very linear way to clean my DD, and if she peed while I was changing her, it just kinda flowed down into the diaper. I guess I'll find out in about a month if this will be an issue or not!

Hey Frenchie, it's kinda a relief to know I'm not the only one with this worry. With boys the poo can't really go in anywhere, but it definitely squidges up and around. It isn't difficult to clean and we found it never got near the tip of his penis just around the sack. That being said we did not circumcise, so that may be a different kettle of fish.

For the peeing thing, you can get peepee teepees, a little material cone to put on top while the diaper is open. But if you just open the diaper (don't pull it off completely yet) & then just put the front back loosely covering, then you get the new diaper and wipe(s) and whatever else you need, when you go to do the actual change he will probably already have peed. I never got peed on but had a close call or two right as I was opening the diaper, DH got peed on a couple of times - he also got pooed on... DS also pooed on the nurse who had just given him his first bath, right on her arm and the white towel. It can happen to anyone.

It seems extra silly to be concerned about not being able to clean a little girl properly considering I have the same bits. I can't imagine how DH would feel!

Have fun today Nelly!

So excited for today! 1pm can't come fast enough!

I think when it's your second, it's easy to be a bit nervous about how to clean a different sex than the first properly. I was worried about being able to clean dd before I had her, but it didn't take long to figure out lol. She's never had any infections or anything, so don't worry too much! If we have a boy, I'm sure I will be a bit nervous too though haha!

MrsK, your prune story made me laugh!

I been shopping for my cold remedies cost me about £10 lol boots sell a brand of lemsips that are just paracetamol so got them and some halls throat sweets and nasal strips and spray hopefully between them they will get rid of it.

I hope you feel better mummy_smurf!

I'm also worried about changing a girl! I keep being told about how girls get poo everywhere! Boys are easy to change but changing a girls nappy is the unknown :haha:

We had our ultrasound yesterday...wasn't sure if we would get to find out gender (it was for cervical length) but the tech was able to tell us!

We are team....BLUE! :happydance:

Attachments

• ZAHRADNEKSHARON20141001173314139.jpg
    ZAHRADNEKSHARON20141001173314139.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 8
  • ZAHRADNEKSHARON20141001173105815.jpg
    ZAHRADNEKSHARON20141001173105815.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 13
Yah another boy congrats hopeful!

Feel better soon mummysmurf!

Did anyone actually use those peepee teepee things? They seemed to come in every gift basket I was given with DS and I never used them once! All babies pee everywhere, it's the fresh air on their bits haha! Newborns also have the projectile poo to enjoy!

So apparently we are forecast snow today! Even by canadian standards that's a bit early for my liking... Time to break out the boots and hats I guess.

On the note of Christmassy weather, did we ever reach a decision about a gift exchange, or did that move to Facebook? I'm still all up with the idea of sending something to another corner of the world, seems like a fun thing to do? Since our group is markedly smaller these days I'm happy to coordinate it of that would help?

What do we all think? I'm thinking we could see how many are in, then pick pairs out a hat and those two do a gift swap between them. Thoughts?

I'm pretty much ready to join the FB group. Is there someone I can PM, or can PM me so I can join?

bucherworm, send me a pm with your email address, and I will add you to the fb group :)

I'm in for the gift exchange!

Also, I was shocked to discover that my daughter could projectile pee when she was a newborn! it's not only boys who do it haha!

We had our ultrasound yesterday...wasn't sure if we would get to find out gender (it was for cervical length) but the tech was able to tell us!

We are team....BLUE! :happydance:

Congrats!!! Another member of team blue

I'm a sweet potato today! That's one of the ones I always noticed on really properly pregnant women! Lilypie says he's 10 inches now because they can finally measure his legs. TEN inches! That's huge!

Congrats on Team Blue, Hopeful!

Frenchie, I never knew prunes were such a big deal in France!

I got a call from the ultrasound place today. I have to pay out of pocket til I hit my deductible, and they always call ahead to make sure I know. I was worried about the cost of the anatomy scan, but this one is somehow cheaper than the dating scan by about $50. I'll still have to wait to find out about the doctor half - they bill me after the ultrasound. Hopefully that's similar in cost, but if not, I'm going to reach my deductible no matter what, so I can't complain too much.

OK so far then it's you and me nelly sending each other something haha!

I'm in on the gift exchange! Although I have no idea what anybody would want from the uk :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->