2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I read some other mums who decided to stay team yellow found it a lot easier once they were past the 20 week scan. Especially if it is the last scan you get, I can see why it would be easier!

So... who's finding out next then?

I hope thats true!!!! We decided straight away to not find out but as the scan is getting closer i know when im asked if we want to know im going to blurt out YES YES YES!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cries over the silliest of things!

I often sob my eyes out when my OH leaves for work. Lord knows why! He's back within 8 hours. Super crazy pregnant lady over here.

One of the books someone gave DH mentioned that there will be a phase where dad gets kind of clingy and wants to always be around mom, and a phase where mom gets clingy and wants to always be around dad. I don't know if DH hit that phase (I've been meaning to double check when he's supposed to), but I've definitely been feeling more attached lately. Could be you're in that same phase.

I haven't been as crazy as I expected, but I've had a couple of ridiculous moments. Both where when I wanted to buy something and it wasn't available. Shopping for sort of modest maternity shorts ruined my life (oh, the tears!!!), and I nearly cried in Ikea because I picked out a duvet and then they didn't have it. :dohh:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cries over the silliest of things!

I often sob my eyes out when my OH leaves for work. Lord knows why! He's back within 8 hours. Super crazy pregnant lady over here.

One of the books someone gave DH mentioned that there will be a phase where dad gets kind of clingy and wants to always be around mom, and a phase where mom gets clingy and wants to always be around dad. I don't know if DH hit that phase (I've been meaning to double check when he's supposed to), but I've definitely been feeling more attached lately. Could be you're in that same phase.

I haven't been as crazy as I expected, but I've had a couple of ridiculous moments. Both where when I wanted to buy something and it wasn't available. Shopping for sort of modest maternity shorts ruined my life (oh, the tears!!!), and I nearly cried in Ikea because I picked out a duvet and then they didn't have it. :dohh:

It's probably that then! I feel suddenly swamped with an overwhelming sadness when he goes anywhere. Or I get sad when I have to go anywhere without him. He must be sick haha. Thank you for telling me!

Shopping is a totally legitimate reason to get upset! Is crazy what hormones can do.

You've inspired me to go look it up and find out when that's supposed to happen. I'm gonna give DH what for if he skipped his clingy period ;)

Oh boy have I become a big cry baby crying while watching movies and tv shows its ridiculous.

I definitely feel like I'm the clingy one at this point but for a great while everything OH did was annoying to me. But that has passed I like to be around him as much as possible these days.

Ok, I just flipped through the book (The Expectant Father). There's no clear passage I can quote here, but sure enough, right at the fourth month it mentions that we'll start to grow increasingly emotionally dependent on our partners. It's mentioned in the next couple months, too, so I guess we're in it for the long haul! It also mentioned that he might start turning inward right about now, as the pregnancy becomes more real to him, and he spends more time processing it, so I guess don't freak out if that happens. What a joke, that they detach right when we attach!

It's strange for me, because we've known each other so long, and we've been a couple for over 11 years, so we're pretty independent for the most part. I only really feel this attachment when we've been away from each other for awhile, like if I'm off on a girls trip or he has a job that takes him away overnight. Now he just goes to work for the day and I miss him.

I've been incredibly busy with work lately, so I don't have a chance to scan through all I missed, but I will be starting to re-join the thread here. Anyway, what I really wanted to say was that I'm pretty sure I started feeling the baby moving yesterday! I am currently a couple days short of 16 weeks. I thought I felt something super early, but it wasn't really clear if it was the baby, or my digestive system. This time it felt different. So exciting! Makes it feel more real that there's a little person growing inside of me. I'm excited about the baby getting bigger and the movements getting more clear and defined. Pregnancy is a pretty amazing experience. And at the end of it, I get a whole new kid! I'm sure it's going to be a bit rough adjusting to two kids instead of one, but I'm excited at the same time.

How exciting! I'm still not sure whether I'm feeling Teddy in his hyper moments, or some random digestive thing.

I am starting to feel or little guy a bit more, but we figured out yesterday at the scan that I have an anterior placenta. So that's why I'm not feeling as much as last time. He did give one very big kick yesterday that surprised me though!!!

I been getting like a stabbing pain low down on and off all day n night still there now so god knows what that is, maybe something stretching?

Probably round ligament pain , especially if you get it when you sneeze too! It's normal.

Iv had round ligament pain a few times when sneezing and coughing or even gettin up to fast it's not that cause that comes under my stomach this is lower down almost feels like Someone with sharp nails scratching you what iv been feelin today

I just completely lost it laughing at something that was really not that funny*. Like, hyperventilating scared the dog so she ran to DH for comfort, tears streaming down my face hysterical laughter. Is this a hormone thing? Or am I just a lunatic? I guess happy lunatic hormones are better than sad angry lunatic hormones.

*Because I know I'd be curious - I was joking around with a friend earlier about the heartburn=hair baby thing. I said that I got heartburn from mashed potatoes, she said he was gonna have a full head of hair, I sent her a picture of a very cute little bear cub and told her it was the latest ultrasound. I just emailed DH links to some waterproof cameras, and I guess the first copy and paste didn't take, so my "Very compact" link was the little bear cub. He starts reading the email on his tablet, and just gave me this look and said "Honey, what the &%#$ is this?" and showed me the picture. And I lost it. Completely. Oh, the look on his face... Still laughing...

Iv had round ligament pain a few times when sneezing and coughing or even gettin up to fast it's not that cause that comes under my stomach this is lower down almost feels like Someone with sharp nails scratching you what iv been feelin today

I'm having this in my cervix all day today... Finally got so sharp I'm at emerg making sure I'm not dilating or something... I feel kinda bad dragging DF here again especially since after 12 weeks everythings been totally fine. But it's my first time doing this and everything scares me... Hopefully someone is just kicking me in the vag...

I been getting like a stabbing pain low down on and off all day n night still there now so god knows what that is, maybe something stretching?

I get these kind of pains really badly. I get them all around the bottom of my stomach and sometimes up the sides when I move too quickly or in a awkward way, if im sitting wrong or if I sneeze. I assume it's just stretching. :shrug:

I hope everything's ok and baby's just practicing the cancan, MissFrick! Keep us updated.

Apparently the feeling of the baby trying to scratch its way out with fingernails is a totally normal thing that happens... why does no one write a book about all the horrible pain you can be in during pregnancy, where everything is still "AOK" medically...
Anyhow, Squiggles was waving on the ultrasound, and there was no dilation of the cervix, so it's just another pain I will have to get used to...

Aww cool thanks for the update on it saves any of us worrying. You would think would know things like this with this being #2 but I honestly didn't feel anything happening with my daughter.

I'm glad everything is ok missfrick!

Exciting that a lot of us are starting to feel movements. I've definitely been feeling Little Miss for a few weeks now and have seen my bump move twice now too. Only very slightly and only when she's super active. I can't wait until my oh and the boys will be able to feel her moving :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->