2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Congrats snowbunnie and button on team pink!

It seems my bump has been growing in leaps and bounds. I just realized this morning that my belly button is almost out! Anyone else's belly button the same way?

My belly button is so deep, it'll be quite some time before it pops, if at all. Didn't happen in either of my pregnancies.

Getting so antsy knowing I still have a month to wait before I know which team I'm on. The way my almost psychic friend goes on, I'm almost convinced it's a boy. All I can do is wait and see.

Congrats Team Pink ladies!!!

My belly button didn't pop last time do I don't expect it to this time.

My belly button didn't pop, but it did flatten and look a bit like an asterisk.

I don't know what my belly button is going to do... I took out the piercing a couple days ago because it was showing in all my shirts since the belly is out. I've had the piercing for half my life, so it's weird and taking some getting used to.

Congrats button & sn0w on pink bumps!!

Oooo all these people finding out sex makes it so hard to stay team yellow! Our scan is Friday

Doesn't it?! Do you think you'll stay yellow? I'm not sure im going to be able to!!

My belly button is unlikely to pop as it hasn't before, but it will flatten out - and looking at it, it definitely won't be long until it's completely flat. I took my belly button bar out at around 12 weeks as I was showing and I don't like seeing the belly button bar through my clothes. Luckily it has gone straight back in after birth the last 2 times so it should do the same this time. I agree though missfrick, it is hard to get used to! You'll probably find that when you put it back in it will take a little while to get used to having it again lol.

Has everybody starting baby shopping now? I have my pushchair travel system with car seat - then found ds2's infant car seat in the cupboard :dohh: but I guess its good to have a spare incase of baby sick on the car seat so no big deal! I've also been buying a pack of nappies each time I go food shopping for a few weeks so I have a little stash that I'll keep adding to. I got our changing mat on Friday. I also found ds2's newborn bath seat in the cupboard as well our steriliser. I've bought a couple of girls outfits since we only have boys clothes, but need to buy quite a bit more, need lots of babygros and vests. A friend of mine has a Moses basket to give us so I'll just need a new mattress for that and I need to find our Moses basket sheets.

I keep panicking about how much we still have to buy but moreso because christmas is coming too and I'm in no way prepared for that!

My mind is clearly in overdrive this morning :haha:

Thanks ladies!

Loozle, we went on a massive spending spree yesterday, after finding out we are team pink. Mainly clothes, bibs, socks etc but also a few practical things like nappies and bottles! We also went to see my SIL who gave us a gorgeous cot.

We then got home and I went online and ordered a mattress, glider chair and changing table.

It all feels very real now!

Definitely more real by the day. Yay I'm a mango today!

I have almost everything we need for baby. Planning to order my diaper bag today. Otherwise only breast feeding items are left. Any other item I get will basically be a nice to have.

Regarding the nursery, since we rent, I'm planning to use stripped wall decals on the wall (alternating blue and light grey) but will probably have that done in December when DH has time off. The room will also serve as a guest room for my mum so we have the IKEA Hermes bed in there as well. Any other guests who visit will have to stay in a nearby hotel.

For the cot, we bought the white Stokke Sleepi cot which grows with the baby from bassinet size till about 10 years and can be wheeled from room to room.

Attachments

• Stokke-Sleepi.jpg
    Stokke-Sleepi.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm glad you've mentioned the pains you get occasionally get with sneezing. I bend over a bit to sneeze at the moment so my tummy isn't so stretched otherwise I've a few seconds going

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also have to do this or else it bloody kills. Either that or hold onto my stomach when I cough or sneeze. Is this your first?

When I wiped last night I had three small clumps of dark brown mucus. Nothing since but it has me worried. I called my OB office last night and the on call Doctor didn't seem too worried about it since I don't have any pain or cramping. Has anyone else had this in the 2nd trimester? I am 16 weeks. Heard the heartbeat this past week.

Ive been bleeding on/off during this pregnancy and my doctor doesnt seem worried. My last exam showed I have one very angry cervix so now im on flagyl for a week. Fx'd that its the cure all.

I don't think I'd worry about a little brown mucus. Have you done anything that might have irritated your cervix? Maybe a particularly fun night with DH? ;)

Love the reveal pic! I like those paint ones a lot. I bet I'd use too much paint and it would all squidge out of the edges and ruin it.

I still have tons of shopping to do. I would love to just go buy everything, but I want to wait til after I have a shower so I have some things left to put on the registry. And I know people will want to buy clothes, so I'm only buying things that I really love. We've definitely been picking things out, though.

Speaking of which, when are you ladies thinking about showers? It's tough with a March due date! I guess mine will have to be January. Everyone will be burnt out from the holidays, but it would be too early in November, wouldn't it? I don't want to go too late because I want time to get everything ready and who knows if I'll go a little early? And nobody has time for an extra party in December, especially in my family - mom and I both have December birthdays.

My belly is starting to get in the way a little bit. Only if I'm leaning forward into a counter, to wash my hands or turn on the coffee maker (the switch is in the back), stuff like that. I read about a woman who kept almost falling over washing her hands after she gave birth because she didn't have her belly to lean on anymore, I bet that's going to be me!

Thanks, ladies! Last time for hubby and I was probably 5 days ago. Only thing different was Friday night I went to a work function and within a hour of eating the food I was having stomach cramping and diarrhea. I have read a few places where some girls got the dark brown mucus after straining. Sorry, tmi I know. So far all is well today. I wish I had a doppler! It just scared me because all I have had so far is the normal mucus discharge. My 16 week appt is Tuesday so I at least don't have to wait very long!

It could be either. If it was brown, it was old, so sex five days ago or straining could irritate the cervix (happened to me once or twice at the beginning. Nothing to worry about, especially if the doctor tells you it's fine :)

My belly is starting to get in the way a little bit. Only if I'm leaning forward into a counter, to wash my hands or turn on the coffee maker (the switch is in the back), stuff like that. I read about a woman who kept almost falling over washing her hands after she gave birth because she didn't have her belly to lean on anymore, I bet that's going to be me!

I keep forgetting about my bump, trying to squeeze through little gaps and getting stuck! :rofl: The funny thing is that I remember doing the same thing when I was pregnant with ds2 all the time, you'd think id of learnt by now!

Ha! I'm gonna be doing that soon trying to get into bed if we don't move DH's dresser soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->