2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Cute reveal pic snowbunnie!!!

No shower for me this time, but last time I was due in February and had showers in November.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also have to do this or else it bloody kills. Either that or hold onto my stomach when I cough or sneeze. Is this your first?

Aha yes definitely not the only one, I fear sneezing aha :). This is my first which is why I'm so anxious all the time. Wish I could start to enjoy it more. How about you, first child?

Sn0wbunnie that is such an adorable reveal pic. I love it and now a lovely top to wear and keep :). Congrats.

I get the round ligament pain when I cough or sneeze, too. Not always, but sometimes. It's more often when I'm lying down. I'm glad I knew about it before I experienced it for the first time!

So just as I am ignoring the vaginal pain, I now have sharp stabs in my thigh... they last a second and then are gone, no redness or swelling so I'm convincing myself it's not DVT and there's no reason to rush to a hospital again... DF said he thinks some of the pains are because I'm turning 30 in a couple months - I could have smacked him for that one! I'd rather blame the baby than admit I might be starting at all to get old....

Could it be sciatica?

Don't worry for a second about turning 30. As far as I'm concerned, life starts at 30! I'm approaching 32, and I wouldn't go back to my 20s for anything. I won't deny there are a few extra aches and pains, though.

Yes I think it may be sciatica... I feel it all around my butt and down that thigh at the front and back too... When I stand I an feel exactly where the uterus is pushing on muscles/nerves... DF started to rub it and that made it worse... I'll mention it to the doc on Friday.

This must be pregnancy brain doing this to me... I don't know why it's so hard to understand... Okay, I'm 16 weeks. So am I 4 months or 5 months pregnant?

16 weeks = 4 months. So... Am I 4 months going into my 5th month? Also, should I be reading about stuff that happens in my 16th week or 17th week now? Cuz I've already completed 16 weeks.... So 17? AhahaHahahah... Whyyyy is this so confusing to me?! I feel so dumb!

They just number it so weird. I would say you're 4 months, and I'd read up on stuff that happens in your 16th week. It generally lines up with whatever your ticker says. I'm 4 1/2 months now, but going that way, I think it adds up to 9 1/2 or 10 months total.

I have definitely had round ligament pain. I also bend over to sneeze. I guess at this point it's more a reflex, because I've been feeling it for a while. Sometimes standing up really fast does it. Also coughing or sneezing lying down can do it, so I try to sit up if I feel something coming. It is painful, but if it happens, I try to see the good side. Baby must be growing!

Ive been craving vinegar for a bit and finally got to take advatage with some yummy cucumbers. My cravings sometimes drive me insane.

One of my pet peeves is when people count 4 weeks as a month. The further on you get, the more inaccurate it becomes. My lmp was June 9th so I would say on Thursday I'm 4 months. I'll be 17 weeks & 3 days at that point.

Also something that annoyed me, but us really personal preference. When people count the month they are in when telling someone how far they are. I always estimate months completed. With my first I had a coworker due a few weeks after me, but by what she told people, you'd think she was further along than me. It was stupid, but it irritated me.

I guess I'm pretty finicky.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I also have to do this or else it bloody kills. Either that or hold onto my stomach when I cough or sneeze. Is this your first?

Aha yes definitely not the only one, I fear sneezing aha :). This is my first which is why I'm so anxious all the time. Wish I could start to enjoy it more. How about you, first child?

Yep! I was thinking that's why it must be so painful, everything stretching out further than its ever been for the first time.

As for months, I found this cool website which defines them clearly.
https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

Basically..
Month 1 = weeks 1-4
Month 2 = weeks 5-8
Month 3 = weeks 9-13
Month 4 = weeks 14-17
Month 5 = weeks 18-21
Month 6 = weeks 22-26
Month 7 = weeks 27-30
Month 8 = weeks 31-35
Month 9 = weeks 36-40

One of my pet peeves is when people count 4 weeks as a month. The further on you get, the more inaccurate it becomes. My lmp was June 9th so I would say on Thursday I'm 4 months. I'll be 17 weeks & 3 days at that point.

Also something that annoyed me, but us really personal preference. When people count the month they are in when telling someone how far they are. I always estimate months completed. With my first I had a coworker due a few weeks after me, but by what she told people, you'd think she was further along than me. It was stupid, but it irritated me.

I guess I'm pretty finicky.

LOL I'm the same! It drives me nuts! I won't go through my whole rant again - I'm pretty sure it's already in this thread somewhere haha. But to me, we already get two weeks free, and then two weeks of waiting before we find out so you already have a month in before you even know you're pregnant. I conceived June 13th and am due March 6th so that's not even nine full months. Sorry, more rant than I expected :)

Bookity that's so funny! I'm the opposite, especially when it comes to kids ages. I always say I'm "almost 4 months", "4 months" or "a little more than 4 months" as an example. Just like with my DS when he was 10 weeks old he was "almost 3 months", then he was 3 months, then when he was over 3.5 months I would just start saying almost 4 months. It seriously annoys me when people give weeks or months at older ages, especially when the kid is 3 or 4 years old..."How old is your son?" reply "Oh, he will be 42 weeks (heaven help me if they say months) tomorrow." What the hell? :rofl:

I slightly disagree with MrsK. I'm 16+1, if someone asked I would say "I'm approximately 4 months", but I would be reading stuff from the 17th week. I have completed my 16th week, I'm now in my 17th week.

It really does depend on the site though, you could go back to the very beginning and see when they start counting. What to Expect is written as I have said above.

The calendar I have is broken down into 4 week months, putting a pregnancy at 10 months long. But I'm pretty sure that is based on lunar months, it's obviously not actual months.

Don't worry snowbunnie, you are not the first and definitely not the last to be confused with this topic! Part of the trouble is that it is counted differently depending on what you go by, which resource you are looking at, what country you are in, your doctor's preference, etc.

Congrats on the girls!

RE: brown discharge. At your appointment please ask them to check your cervix. It is probably nothing and as your doc said if you don't have cramping that is fantastic, but just to be on the safe side get them to double check it. I had brown discharge at my appointment on Thursday (thank goodness I was at the clinic when it happened), everything is fine but they confirmed my cervix is still long and closed no signs of shortening or dilation. :hugs:

Ive been craving vinegar for a bit and finally got to take advatage with some yummy cucumbers. My cravings sometimes drive me insane.

Yes! I am having such a hard time controlling cravings this time! I don't remember it being this bad last time. If I want something, I NEED to have it :)

Yep! I was thinking that's why it must be so painful, everything stretching out further than its ever been for the first time.

As for months, I found this cool website which defines them clearly.
https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

Basically..
Month 1 = weeks 1-4
Month 2 = weeks 5-8
Month 3 = weeks 9-13
Month 4 = weeks 14-17
Month 5 = weeks 18-21
Month 6 = weeks 22-26
Month 7 = weeks 27-30
Month 8 = weeks 31-35
Month 9 = weeks 36-40

Thanks for the link.. I'll check it out! I hate math & numbers! HAHA

Regarding kids ages, I can't stand when people are like, "oh my child is 36 months." No, he's 3 years. Why do you need to make me do math?!

Hi ladies, just a quick question/favor for all those that do bump photos. Would any mind sharing? I know a few have here and on the fb page. I ask because I was with my twin yesterday who I think was trying to give a compliment, but it totally offended me, said that I was so tiny still for this far (I do not feel this way at all as I haven't fit in regular pants since 11 wks!!), I feel like I've grown so much in just the last few weeks too! I know everyone is different and obviously first pregnancies are a bit different, but I swear she was near this size at 17 weeks too, of course she didn't have pics to look at. I don't know why I was offended, it seems like everyone either thinks you aren't big enough or are too big, what's the deal!!?? Maybe I'm overthinking this. I try to eat healthy, but let's be honest I have a lot of sweet and crap food cravings that do get filled. I've gained, what I believe, is a healthy weight for 17wks and am up 8lbs. I've attached my 8 wk (earliest I have-was afraid to jinx it before this due to spotting) and 16 wk photos.

Attachments

• 8wksIn.jpg
    8wksIn.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 16wks.jpg
    16wks.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi Twinkie! I don't have any pics yet from this pregnancy (Not on the ball at all!), but I've attached my 18 week bump from last time. I think I might actually be smaller this time somehow! Or maybe the rest of me is bigger so my belly looks smaller haha. Everyone is shocked when I tell them how far along I am because I'm "small".

Attachments

• bump.PNG
    bump.PNG
    199.4 KB · Views: 1
I don't even count in months when it comes to pregnancy. It's all about the weeks for me. If that doesn't mean anything to the person I'm talking to, I tell them my due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->