2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

What a beautiful bump twinkie you look very pregnant to me.I just look bloated and my bump is not as round as I would like. I figure my lovely tummy chub is still in the way. Your twin was probably trying to say something nice.my aunt said something along the same lines and I just ignored it..but then she said something about the names we picked out. It still irritates me but I figure in time I will forget. Dont dwell too much on others and their opinions. What really matters is that you and baby are healthy. :)

Twinkie, I found a random pic from last week that shows my current bump... Not big! You will get tonnes of comments on your size... One person will say you're tiny and the next will try to convince you you're having twins. Your bump is adorable!

Attachments

• bump 2.PNG
    bump 2.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 44
Thank you nellylou & mommasquirrel. Probably just over reacting, and you're right, the next person probably will tell me I'm huge for how far I am.

This is me on Saturday so 18+4 with baby number 3. I'm definitely way bigger than I was with my first and a bit bigger than I was with my second.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8
I'm a big cranky mess this morning. I woke up in a good mood, and some stupid technology issues made me want to transform into a dinosaur and go stomp on small towns. Raaaaar. All because I missed The Price is Right and Facebook has made my groups harder to see... Ridiculous... I'm working on distracting myself now so I don't go full Pregzilla. I'd hate to see my freakout if I had a real problem!

As for weeks vs months. I use weeks with people who I suspect might care to that amount of detail. If it's someone I just know casually, I usually round to the nearest half month. I figure some random lady I tutor with is just making conversation and wants a rough idea, so 4 1/2 months is close enough, whether I'm 17 or 19 weeks at the time. I don't think people who haven't been pregnant are too familiar with the week system.

I'll post photos at 7 weeks, 16 1/2 weeks (I think that's what you said you posted), and my most recent from a couple days ago at 18+2 I think. I usually take them before I eat, and the most recent one is after eating, so it shows a little more growth than I really had. I think your bump looks great for 16 weeks. People just get this idea of what pregnant women should look like, and they don't realize how much variation there is in normal. And then the ones who wish they looked thinner when they were pregnant will think "You look so small!" is a compliment, and meanwhile you're sitting there wishing the bump would just get big already. It's such an emotional minefield.

Attachments

• no bump 7 weeks.jpg
    no bump 7 weeks.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 16 weeks.jpg
    16 weeks.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 18 weeks Saturday.jpg
    18 weeks Saturday.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks MrsK, I think you've got that exactly right. I think people think of a pregnancy and they think of that perfectly round pregnant belly, well, it takes a while to get there and depending on your own stature, it looks so different on everyone. My sister is almost 2 inches shorter than me and the more I think about it, she may have been slightly bigger looking at this point, but really it would only be because she had less torso room to squish everything into. I still didn't think she was big. I'm going to try to just get over it. I'm sure this isn't the last comment I'll get that will rub me the wrong way.

Thanks LilFooshFoosh, I am going to the doc today at 4:30. My normal 16 week appt was tomorrow so they just moved it up. Praying everything is ok!

Twinkie2 I wouldn't worry. I'm not far enough to compare but I know I lost weight during my first 12 weeks. I think I'm only up 2lb at the moment (16 weeks tomorrow.) I'm sure if it was a problem your midwife would say? All I can see is beautiful bump pictures. Can't wait to show off a bump the same size as those.

I have my 16 week appointment Thursday. I really hope my midwife will try listen for a heartbeat. I'm so anxious it would really help reassure me. Did anyone hear the HB at their 16 week appointment?

I am pretty sure it's standard practice to listen to the heartbeat at 16 weeks. That was the first time they did for me. Good luck!

I had to go in last week for a blood pressure check and they found the heartbeat within 5 seconds with the Doppler. I was 15 weeks.

I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks and again at 13 weeks. I am assuming that I will get to hear it at every appointment. Get to see baby again on October 17, next appointment with Dr is October 20 and then I'm off to the low risk group for the rest of the pregnancy.

Got a call from my Dr saying that they had my appointment for my referral to a low risk group. My first appointment with them is November 25.

Can't wait until we see baby in a week and a half and hopefully the little ninja will cooperate and let us see the goods :)

My midwife listens for the heartbeat at every appointment. She couldn't find it at 9 weeks, but we've heard it every month since then.

I got another BumpBox today, despite Fedex's best efforts to keep it for themselves this time. It has a pack of monthly onesie stickers for baby photos, a bag of vanilla butternut popcorn, a pumpkin souffle scented soy candle, a natural stretch mark cream, and an organic cotton rattle. Good one this month. Too bad I'm still in cranky pregzilla mode and not able to get as excited as I should be.

Attachments

• IMAG1351.jpg
    IMAG1351.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 11
I am pretty sure it's standard practice to listen to the heartbeat at 16 weeks. That was the first time they did for me. Good luck!

Thank you ladies. I've just read mixed things online and didn't want to get my hopes up. The midwife said it was too early to listen last time at 14weeks. Ready for it to be Thursday :).

18 weeks today. Here's a picture for you ladies. I feel I look like I'm just getting fat rather than I'm pregnant though.

https://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/1971390_389291704555340_1770883796_n.jpg

You don't look fat at all, definitely all bump!

I've just had an amazing surprise from my oh! I've been talking about getting a new car as mine is old and not quite big enough for 3 car seats. Didn't think I'd be able to afford one before the baby came. Oh has just taken me outside to my new car that he got for me! It's exactly what I've been looking at and I'm so in love! I'll be taking it for a drive tomorrow when I've transferred my insurance over but I am completely over the moon! Very happy pregnant lady here tonight! :-D

That's awesome Loozle! What kind of car did you get?

I want a new car too, but it will most likely have to wait until after my maternity leave. I have a Nissan versa which will do, but I'd like something a little larger because our families live out of town and we travel a lot.

Coffee, lovely bump. Def don't look fat x

Loozie, how lovely is your OH?!! What did he get you? I have a 60 plate Renault Scenic which is fab for space/children but I fancy a change before baby arrives.

Twinkie- I know I'm only 15 weeks, but I swear I still look the same as before! haha. I think your belly looks quite nice, a good size for where you're at! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->