2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Is anyone else experiencing lightning crotch? Feels like a sharp pain going from the cervix down through the lady bits that lasts for a second or two?

Yes! Lightning crotch! That's the best way to describe it. I get that from time to time.

Lightning crotch lol, good description! Not yet this time, but I did last time.

Did any of the second time (or more) moms experience an anterior placenta in previous pregnancies? Just wondering if I will be able to feel the baby move a lot more at some point?

I had anterior placenta with my first. The first movements that I was CERTAIN of were around 20 weeks, they made my belly jump, they were so strong.

Hey nelly, I've had a posterior placenta with my first, anterior second and anterior again with this one so I have some comparisons haha! Definitely movement was more "cushioned" up until about 20-21 weeks then it felt much the same to be honest. I notice with an anterior I don't feel those very early fluttery feelings, it's more straight to the knocks and stretches.

Also, confession time......I checked out ASOS.... Dangerous!! But they have such lovely stuff. Chrislo...who knew your gorgeous dress and bump would have this effect on bank balances around the world haha!! Thanks for giving us all new maternity clothes hope!!

Oh and welcome to our two new ladies! It's exciting we are still gathering momentum! Hope you are both doing well so far and we will all enjoy getting to know you :)

Thanks DrMum and Bookity! I was getting a bit worried that I wouldn't get to feel all the amazing crazy movements that I did with my first! I am really looking forward to my daughter being able to feel him kick :)

Yes, ASOS was definitely dangerous. I have not seen dresses like that around here at all! I can't wait for my order to arrive!!!

Oh, I've been experiencing the "lightning crotch" thing too! Kept wondering what the heck is going on!
I also have an anterior placenta. I thought at one point I did feel something, but I may have been wrong. I haven't felt anything since.
No bump yet either!

Im right there with you ladies, not at all tired as I was in 1st tri but im still pretty tired and do get exhausted easily.

No lightning crotch here. At least I dont think but the other night I kept getting a pain near there where it would feel like my belly was tightening up and lots of sharp pains. I didnt feel like I had to have a bowel movement and didnt know if it was braxton hicks. It was real intense though. Finally in the middle of the night I had the urge to have a bowel movement and it stopped so maybe thats what it was.

I'm posterior this time, and I'm pretty sure I was anterior last time. I had some very distinct movements last week that reminded me of the feeling when I could almost feel distinct baby body parts poking me, which came closer to 20 weeks last time. Also by 20 weeks DH could feel the movements from the outside of my bump, so maybe before that I was just in the dark about whether it was gas bubbles or not! I think that's about the time when your uterus has taken up all the extra space it can find and starts pushin' through the cushion that's left between you and those kicks!

Welcome to the group, MarchMadness!

I definitely had a second trimester burst of energy, but only compared to the first trimester. I don't have anywhere near the stamina I had before I got pregnant. It doesn't help that my sleep has been awful since day 1, since I had to stop my melatonin.

I've had lightning crotch on and off for awhile. Not for at least a few weeks, though, I don't think. All my first trimester pelvic pain seems to have resolved now that he's rising up higher.

I am absolutely dying for a glass of wine today. Just a little one. I can see it in my mind - a nice, crisp, dry white... I'm half tempted to have DH bring home one of those tiny champagne bottles and share it with me. I wonder if I'd enjoy it if I did the fancy wine tasting thing and just didn't swallow... I've found one ok non-alcoholic beer, but everything I've read says non-alcoholic wine is hopeless.

The ultrasound went great. I had to go to the bathroom not once but twice during. The tech was amazed at how fast my bladder kept filling up. I drank so much water I felt quite water logged. Baby must have thought it was time for a rave party and was moving around flailing its arms and legs all over as well as arching it's back. baby was yawning and at one point did a stretch with one leg up to its face. It was so amazing. Here are some of the pics. :happydance:

Attachments

• Ultrasound October 8 2014 baby foot.jpg
    Ultrasound October 8 2014 baby foot.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Ultrasound October 8 2014 Thumb Sucker.jpg
    Ultrasound October 8 2014 Thumb Sucker.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Ultrasound October 8 2014 Proflie.jpg
    Ultrasound October 8 2014 Proflie.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 11
Very cool! They can be so wild in there!

Last time they told me to drink this massive amount of water, and I thought I was going to die. The tech took a quick peek before deciding that it should be a transvaginal, and her first words were "Wow, you really do have to use the bathroom!" She rushed me through after that so I could go before the TV one. I've always had to pee a lot, and pregnancy makes it worse. This time I'm going to make sure I've had some water, but I'm not going to drink as much as they say. I won't make it through the ultrasound if I do.

Awww, beautiful baby mammasquirrel!

MrsK, I have heard that it is okay to have one glass of wine during pregnancy. A couple of friends in Australia drank wine during their pregnancies every now and again (probably a total of 3 during the entire pregnancy) and they all had beautiful, smart, healthy babies! :) So maybe it's okay to have a little?! Although all the doctors I've had said no wine during pregnancy. So. Who knows!

I'm sure a glass now and then won't hurt. Doctors take a zero tolerance approach because there's no way to tell what the safe limit is, but it's definitely more than one glass! It makes DH kind of uncomfortable, but last we talked about it, the further along I am, the less it concerns him. He wouldn't stop me, but I don't want him to worry too much. I'm definitely planning a glass of champagne on New Years Eve, and maybe we'll split one of those teeny tiny bottles to celebrate 20 weeks. The craving is passing a bit, I guess I only want wine for breakfast ;)

To be honest Is there any proven evidence of wine/beer doing any harm during pregnancy? I drank in my first pregnancy, ok not a lot but I went down the pub occasionally and I had a healthy baby. I'm a different women now I have a child, dnt care about beer/pub :p but I'm just sayin it did no harm with me wen I was carrying my daughter. This is my only prob with my holiday in 11days, it's gonna be hard finding non fizzy or non alcoholic drinks lol

I think alcohol is alcohol, when it comes to fetal alcohol syndrome, but I also think there's very little risk in having a glass of something. I think you really have to drink to see any problems. It just feels wrong. That was my first big symptom, before I was even testing positive. It just felt wrong to drink during the two week wait for some reason.

I'm glad our vacation is tropical. I can drink my fill of virgin daiquiris and be perfectly happy. And have a lower bar bill ;)

Thanks DrMum :)
I just find my avatars via Google images. This one is a rufous hummingbird, which is the most exotic local hummer we get here in San Diego... the stork one I saw on a webpage of cool photoshop images... I just saved it and used it on here. If you want, I can send you the file. Im probably not going to use it anymore.

missfrick, thanks for the hugs... its always reassuring to hear that Im not the only one going through all this discomfort and that its likely nothing to really worry about. Not that Im glad anyone has to deal with cramps all day long..

As for alcohol, I dont think 1 unit drink is going to cause any harm. Sometimes I'll take a sip off my husbands beer, and I had a few mouthfuls of my homemade wine a few weeks ago when I changed carboys on it. I think the FAS is when you binge drink.. which is 5 units or more a day, consistently over a period of weeks. The human body has been dealing with alcohol for millenia, and back in the days before clean water, pregnant women drank watered wine, ale, tea.. anything but water.

If you want a small glass of wine, i say go for it. Now that we are all out of the 1st tri, I dont think its as bad now, esp since all the organ forming is now done.
Im planning on having a glass of red wine for thanksgiving, AND a glass of champange for NYE too.

I miss alcohol, not gonna lie!!!! ;)

AND.... Im an onion today!!!

I don't think one glass every now and then could do much harm but yes there's definitely evidence of alcohol having such a negative effect on children's health.
My midwife told me that it would be safer for the baby to do heroin during pregnancy then to over indulge in alcohol! Crazy right? With heroin the baby would just withdraw and go on to be perfectly healthy. Whereas the effects of alcohol are permanent.
My mum is the manager of a care home for children with disabilities and she says the amount of children who go and stay there with serious disabilities and problems all because of fetal alcohol syndrome is heart breaking.

Like I said though, a glass every now and then your body can manage probably to deal with before it effects baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->