2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm so-so on the "no food" list... DF cracked down a couple months ago and expressed he really doesn't want me eating deli meats, so I've totally stopped, except when we were in Montreal this weekend I had Dagwoods (with him there). I also eat the occasional hot dog. I have only eaten sushi with cooked components, just to be safe, even though my OB said it was over blown in North America and sushi is safe here. I also continue eating lox. But I've had zero alcohol, and try not to eat too much tuna, and stay away from hollandaise and raw eggs (I can't wait for eggs benny after I give birth!) I think it's just whatever you're comfortable with, but I know if I ate something I shouldn't and something happened I'd feel totally horrible, so I limit my intake and hope for the best.

I may be a little late too hop on, but I'm team pink due March 19th :pink:
Who knew so many people where due in March! Maybe it's silly but I was quite surprised :flower:

I also thibk bacons on the no no list and I eat it a few times a week. I take my vitamins and cook things throughly so I think its all good.

Anyone getting dizzy for any odd reason? Yesterday at work I felt like I was just going to collapse. I didnt get that whole tunnel vision or anything but my eyes felt weird like they were bigger and had to hold onto the counter. Didnt happen afterwards.

Welcome to the group bbbbbbbbbb! I guess we were all really bored in June ;)

I've never seen anything about bacon or cooked (and still hot) hot dogs from any reputable medical source. They're both not the healthiest foods, so moderation is good anyway, but I think they're as safe as any other junk food.

CMR, is your blood pressure ok? Had you eaten enough? Had enough to drink? Was the room really warm? My faint spells have all been a combination of heat, thirst, and hunger, or a blood rush from getting up too fast.

Has anyone started looking into child care options? Anyone have any recommendations on how to find a nanny for a reasonable price? I just joined sitter city and am hoping that it helps.

Welcome to the group bbbbbb....

DentDoc: I was in a red cross program called mothers helpers with I was in high school. They had me go through training that included infant and adult CPR as well as etiquette when working with new mothers. They helped me find a job with a new mom and I worked with her and her son for 2 years. It would have been more however the family moved to another state, one that I didn't apply to for college. =-(

I was paid only 3 dollars an hour-back in 1996. I would help with laundry, cleaning, changing the baby and playing with the baby. It took the mom about 3 months to feel safe to leave me in a room alone but she was a new mom and new moms are very protective. It was great experience for me. Hoping the red cross still has programs like that.

As for feeling like passing out: I felt like that yesterday for a bit. My husbands twin brother came out for holiday with his wife and 6 year old son. My SIL took me around Disneyworld marketplace and went baby shopping. It was really hot, I was dehydrated and out of breath. I jad to crab a counter so I wouldn't fall over. I'd be so embarrassed if I fell on some helpless child nearby. Most of the little girls were dressed up like a princess. Soo adorable.

So, how's everyone's weekend so far?

Have fun, Mummy Smurf!

It's DH's last day off before we leave for our cruise on Friday, so we have some last minute planning to do. Shuttles and restaurants before we sale and such. It's going to be a busy week, I'll need the vacation by the time it's over! And apparently his boss has some big surprise for me that he has to go get today because she didn't have time at work yesterday. We both think it's something baby related, but I'm stumped about what it could be.

My hips are getting achy again. Not like first trimester, but I still can't walk around like I used to. I think I'm going to have to cave in and see a chiropractor when we're back home. Anyone been to one?

Have fun, Mummy Smurf!

It's DH's last day off before we leave for our cruise on Friday, so we have some last minute planning to do. Shuttles and restaurants before we sale and such. It's going to be a busy week, I'll need the vacation by the time it's over! And apparently his boss has some big surprise for me that he has to go get today because she didn't have time at work yesterday. We both think it's something baby related, but I'm stumped about what it could be.

My hips are getting achy again. Not like first trimester, but I still can't walk around like I used to. I think I'm going to have to cave in and see a chiropractor when we're back home. Anyone been to one?

Enjoy your cruise although I'm sure il be on before Friday as hotel has free WiFi :D I have to get up no later than 5am that part is no fun lol
iv not seen a chiropractor never heard of them :p hope your better soon though :D

We made our first big baby purchase today. A crib! I saw a really good deal at wal-mart, and after being stuck in the house for 3 days being sick, I wanted to go out. Luckily they had it in stock! I'm excited.
I hope it doesn't jinx anything, because I'm always worried about something bad happening, but there are so many big purchases first time parents especially have to make, we can't buy all of them at the same time.

I don't think you could jinx anything at 20 weeks. What are you supposed to do, wait til April to buy everything? ;)

bucherworm: Isn't it refreshing to get one big item off that list? When we bought our items I could literally feel the weight lifting off my shoulders. I get so stressed about not having what the baby will need. Now we need small things here and there. I figure friends and family who want to help can get those without it being a burden on their wallet. We bought the crib, bassinet, pack n play, stroller, infant car seat and baby swing. =-) Its proof that I'm nesting a lot.

So TMI alert: Is anyone else getting itchy down in no mans land? :blush: It seems to get worst after a bm and believe me those are rare and far between now that it's 2nd trimester. at first I was worried that I might have pin worms or something but after reading a lot on the net and embarrisingly using a mirror I think it's piles. :growlmad: Had DH run to the store and got some Prep H and tucks. Fingers crossed it helps.

congrats missbx :pink:, teilana :blue:... Im glad the scans were great and you were able to find out the genders!!

less than 3 weeks to go before I'll know!!! Most of my family is predicting girl, but thats because they all want a girl now that my sister has her son. It'd be hilarious if its a boy instead

And wait, salami is on the No list? lol oops, ive been eating tons of it.. but then I havent stopped eating lunch meats at all.. I love me a BMT $5 footlong from subway.. Im even wondering if the no sushi is just a bunch of overblown panic too, but since I cant have sake with it, I havent wanted to go out for sushi anyways.

Thankyou! And good luck at your scan x

I may be a little late too hop on, but I'm team pink due March 19th :pink:
Who knew so many people where due in March! Maybe it's silly but I was quite surprised :flower:

Congrats and welcome to team Pink x

Finally get a few mins to catch up some!

Congrats to all the new team pink and team blue babies:happydance: Are boys still in the lead?

Happy holidays to all those getting away just now, have fun, relax and enjoy every second:thumbup: Pics too when you're back!

Not sure who mentioned about fetal echo scan? We'll be having this too, had it last 2 times also. My eldest was born with 2 holes in her heart (both closed by age 1) and then little Alasdhair had a random bright spot in his heart. The scan was pretty long and it was really interesting, the detail it went into.

Good luck to those finding out or getting scans this week! Who is going this week? I have to go to my OB on Tuesday and then perinatology on Wednesday, this is one very photographed little girl!

I wrote a thread in second tri about finding it very hard/painful to pee, esp at night, anyone else here have this?

Mommasquirral, could it be yeast? Hormones can have that go wild in pregnancy. I have to go get the medication for this on tuesday:blush: Its no fun! Neither are piles!! Hope you're feeling better really fast!!:hugs:

Yay for baby purchases:happydance: Its so much fun!! Pics of the purchases!!

Infant CPR is a priceless skill, I am trained for infant and adult CPR:thumbup:

Been a long week, little guy is reacting to his steroid drink so looking like first try for treatment isn't going to be a success. Running wild trying to organize all his fundraisers, both as cause of the month at the biggest softplay in the city! The silent auction, chasing the news and the insurance all while on rest :argh:

Whats everyones Halloween plans? I was going to be a skeleton but now something to hide bump from MIL :rofl: We're taking part in the teal pumpkin challenge too, to provide non food treats for children with allergies, theres a lot doing it in our neighbourhood :) Halloween with kids is so much fun:cloud9:

We'll be on the boat for Halloween, so I'm just doing the pregnant skeleton thing. I've always liked the idea, and it's easy to pack a tshirt and yoga pants. I'm going to finish up my costume tomorrow, I'll post a picture.

Hemorrhoids are just one of those unfortunate side effects of pregnancy. I hope the Tucks and Preparation H help. TTC and pregnancy sure make me happy for Amazon, I don't relish the idea of walking into my local Walgreens to buy 20 pregnancy tests and a box of hemorrhoid cream!

Sorry to hear about the steroids not working out, Mummy :( I was really hoping it would go well for him.

Sorry that the treatment isn't working Mummy3 :hugs: GL with the fundraising & insurance.

from the first page:

:blue: 12
:pink: 10

much closer now. =)

I spent most of the weekend putting the nursery together. I will try to post pics of what I have so far a little bit later today. DH was away for the weekend so he was surprised when he came home yesterday and it's almost done

Have fun smurf & MrsK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->