2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

That's fun lilfooshfoosh! Are you doing a theme? We spent most of the weekend cleaning out the nursery (it ended up being a random storage room after we moved in earlier this year). Now it's ready to paint and that's hubby's plan for today! I can't wait to have his room all set up :)

We haven't got started on our nursery yet. I'm currently using it as a bedroom to sleep in. OH snores way too loudly for me to sleep. Usually I'm okay once I get to sleep, but if I wake up then I can't get back to sleep. And of course I'm waking up every couple of hours to pee, as well as being restless, so sleeping in the same room is just not working out too well for us at the moment. Also, all of our nursery stuff is downstairs in the storage room, and cleaning that out is going to take a whole weekend. We figure we will start once the snow hits, and we are too lazy to get outside for a few days. Those weekends happen every once and a while.
I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable in the past few weeks. My hips are starting to ache by the end of the day. I'm hoping they don't get too bad. This happened with my first, but not until well into the third trimester. I'm hoping it holds off a bit longer if I'm going to be dealing with it constantly again.
I must not have mentioned it in here (my fault for never posting!), but we are on team blue again! I'm slightly disappointed because I wanted a girl, but still happy that our boy appears to be healthy and growing. It's going to be fun having two boys grow up together, but there are so few girls in both of our families that I was really looking forward to having one.
I'm so jealous of everyone going to holidays. That's just not going to happen anytime soon with us. At best, I'll get some holidays around Christmas time. Unfortunately I used up most of my paid vacation days when I had a loss in March, rather than take time off without pay. My vacation resets in the new year, and I'm hoping to save most of that for when I have to go back to work in 2016, as I can carry it over.
mummy3 - I agree about CPR being a useful skill. I work with children, and am actually getting recertified with my Infant/Child CPR this coming weekend, as my current training is about to expire. I need it to keep my job, however even if I didn't need it for that, I would still have it. OH actually saved his friend's life last year, when he had a heart attack. He performed CPR until the paramedics got there, even when everyone else in the room told him to stop. The didn't have current training, but OH did. They kept trying to convince him that he had just passed out, and was okay and breathing. OH knew better. The paramedics commended him for all he did...as his friend would never have made it without his quick thinking and actions. It shook OH up for a long time, but in the end everyone was glad he did what he did.

Curlykate-how wonderful your OH was there and knew CPR! Congrats on team blue for you!

I have my scan this afternoon and I'm so excited to see baby, hoping all looks perfect. DH will be finding out gender, but I will not, this should be interesting!

Ok ladies, I'm going to hit you with a number of pics! :)

First, I am overdue a bump pic and since I was uploading pictures anyway... here is 17+3, then me this morning before work to show how I am still hiding it!

Attachments

• 20141015_202117.jpg
    20141015_202117.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20141020_083552.jpg
    20141020_083552.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20141020_083610.jpg
    20141020_083610.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14
And now the nursery so far! There are still a few things that I need to get (change pad, additional bedding- like a dust ruffle) and I'm not sure if I am going to put anything on the walls or if I will keep the green rug in there. The comforter on the side of the crib isn't going to stay there don't worry I just didn't bother putting it in the closet :) I didn't bother to take pics of the other side of the room because it is just empty space and the white closet door (so boring basically).

Attachments

• 20141019_175527.jpg
    20141019_175527.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141019_175553.jpg
    20141019_175553.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141019_175624.jpg
    20141019_175624.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
You and the nursery both look great! Your room is much classier than what I'm planning ;)

I'm definitely getting a CPR class in before he's here. I took one in my teens, but that was a long long time ago...

CurlyKate, I hope you can find a way to get away for a little bit. I doubt we'll be doing much beyond weekend family trips for at least a few years once the baby's here, so I'm glad we're getting in one last trip just the two of us.

I have my appointment to go over my 20 week scan tomorrow. Even though the tech didn't seem to see any problems at the scan, I'm still nervous about it. Paranoid me... DH can't make it, either, so I'm bringing a friend along instead. I need a designated rememberer, I like to keep track of my blood pressure and such, and I manage to forget in the five minutes between having it taken and getting a chance to write it down. I'm such a flake these days!

I'm still having occasional disturbing dreams. I had one last night that we had a tiger (???), and I guess our real life dog's job was to help us control this tiger. Our tiger died (which was kind of a relief in the dream because it turns out taking care of tigers is a pain in the ass), and DH wanted to just put our dog down because we didn't need her anymore now that we didn't have a tiger. I talked him out of it, thankfully. So creepy. I don't know why I keep having dreams about bad things happening to her. I'd attribute it to anxiety about how she'll adjust to the baby, but I'm much more worried about how the little dog will take it.

Just an update we are having a BOY!

We have started clearing out his room (turned into storage when we moved in June).
It's difficult to do with my husbands schedule and me trying to not lift anything heavy...

Finally get a few mins to catch up some!

Congrats to all the new team pink and team blue babies:happydance: Are boys still in the lead?

Happy holidays to all those getting away just now, have fun, relax and enjoy every second:thumbup: Pics too when you're back!

Not sure who mentioned about fetal echo scan? We'll be having this too, had it last 2 times also. My eldest was born with 2 holes in her heart (both closed by age 1) and then little Alasdhair had a random bright spot in his heart. The scan was pretty long and it was really interesting, the detail it went into.

That's me having the fetal echo about how long does it take and how soon do you find out the results

Hi girls, sorry I don't post in here a lot but you girls are so chatty (especially while I am sleeping (Australia)) but I thought I would come in an do a little update.

we have chosen a side by side pram as both hubby and I agree we don't like the one over or in front of the other idea. We will be ordering the Valco Snap Duo after reading loads of reviews. One of its big selling points for me is the fact that it is only 9.8kg or just over 20lb! The lighter weight will be good especially after my caesarean.

We cannot do a nursery until we finally buy a new house. There is no rooms left in our current house so until we move bub will be in with us. I just hope we buy soon as I don't know how we will fit a cot in our room after bubs moves out of the cradle!

We will be having our babymoon the last week of January. A week at the beach. It is actually hubby's family annual vacation but we have rented our own house this time (we normally all stay in the one big house) and my mum is coming up to help watch our girls so I can have one last break before baby comes. I will be 34/35 weeks by then so the 6 hour drive to get there might be interesting!

I swear bub is having a growth spurt this week, I feel like I am growing by the day! And my laying down bump is finally growing too.

Only 2 more sleeps till my scan!!

Attachments

• zjxl43774vj5giiuwfza.jpg
    zjxl43774vj5giiuwfza.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
  • 10743707_10154817564285691_959811067_n.jpg
    10743707_10154817564285691_959811067_n.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
Nice nursery and bump pictures.

I got a call from the doctor's office today saying I have an appointment for tomorrow in the city at a big hospital. I have to have another ultrasound (my 20 week one was at our little town hospital). Then I see an ob afterwards to tell me how it went. Apparently they saw a cyst on the ultrasound, and that's about all I know. The nurse at the office didn't tell me too much, but it seems a little short notice. It seems more like an emergency to tell me the day before. She said before it wouldn't seem like such a big deal, but with the technology we have now, they automatically refer something like that to the big hospital.
I'm nervous for tomorrow. I hope everything is ok, and it's really nothing to worry about.

I hope everything is ok. It sounds like the nurse didn't think it was too concerning.

wow Foxy and Foosh, your bumps looks great! like actual pregnancy bumps lol

I still dont think I even really have a bump yet!! I can STILL button my jeans and get the belt in the same belthole as pre-pregnancy.. I dont know why my bump is taking so long to form because I can certainly feel a small canteloupe in there when I lay on my stomach.

as for seeing a Chiropractor during pregnancy... just make sure you ask the clinic if they specialize or deal in pregnancy adjustments. My husband worked in a chiropractor office as the massage therapist for a few years, now he is in school to become a chiropractor himself. His school makes them take Embryology and other classes to deal with pregnancy or congenital spinal defects in patients, but the main thing is not all clinics are experienced in pregnant adjustments, so just call around!

As for baby gear, my great grandma (99 years old! just went out to lunch with her and my dad today) offered to pay for the stroller I want, even tho its really expensive.. it was so sweet of her, and now I dont have to 'hint' to my in-laws that I wouldve liked for them to have bought it lol

heres my 'bump' maybe Im kidding myself that I don't have one? I dunno

Attachments

• 19weekbump.jpg
    19weekbump.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
I think you look bumpy! Do your jeans hit below your bump? I think that's how a lot of women manage to wear their pre-pregnancy jeans for so long. Mine were all cut higher, so they stopped fitting almost right away.

Thanks for the chiropractor tips. DH recommended a client of his who he likes a lot, and their website says they do pregnancy chiropractic. I just have to work myself up to giving her a call once we're back in town. I really don't want to pay for it, but I also want to be able to get around more.

Nice nursery and bump pictures.

I got a call from the doctor's office today saying I have an appointment for tomorrow in the city at a big hospital. I have to have another ultrasound (my 20 week one was at our little town hospital). Then I see an ob afterwards to tell me how it went. Apparently they saw a cyst on the ultrasound, and that's about all I know. The nurse at the office didn't tell me too much, but it seems a little short notice. It seems more like an emergency to tell me the day before. She said before it wouldn't seem like such a big deal, but with the technology we have now, they automatically refer something like that to the big hospital.
I'm nervous for tomorrow. I hope everything is ok, and it's really nothing to worry about.

My second daughter showed a choroid plexus cyst at the anatomy scan, but the doctor assured me it by itself was highly unlikely to indicate any problem. They didn't even refer me for a follow up ultrasound. We did schedule a 3d ultrasound for later in the pregnancy and the sonographer was kind enough to check for us and it had resolved by then. Sounds like your doc is treading cautiously. Hope all is well!!

Oh my god, the pregnancy brain. I'm working on my Halloween costume. All I had to do was iron some vinyl transfers onto some pants, and I managed to make a terrible mistake. After successfully doing the entire shirt and one leg of the pants, I screwed up on the final leg by putting the transfer on upside down and ironing it onto the protective parchment paper between the transfer and the iron, instead of the pants. I'm hoping I can figure out some way to un-transfer it from the paper and try to get it onto the pants. It's not completely attached, but it's not good :( If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to see if the seller can express ship me another set of leg bones :p

I considered it! If I hadn't already done one leg, I could have skipped the pants altogether... I ended up finding the same legs on Amazon, bundled with arm bones. Can't use the arms on my short sleeved shirt, but I also made a mistake in my original order and bought two ribcages, so I guess it's a free diy skeleton shirt for my best local friend. I don't even want to think about the total cost of this "quick and simple" costume! I wish I could have just ordered it pre-made, but none of the skeleton pants were maternity, and the skeleton baby I liked most only came on too small maternity shirts. Here's a terrible photo of the finished shirt, at least...

Attachments

• IMAG1401.jpg
    IMAG1401.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG1403.jpg
    IMAG1403.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 10
Bucher, I hope everything is fine. Did they say whether it was you or the baby that had the cyst? I had cysts on both ovaries the whole pregnancy with DS, they kept monitoring (maybe every 2 months) them to make sure they didn't get too big, burst or interfere with the pregnancy. If the baby has the cyst, like Bookity said, lots of them take care of themselves. :hugs:

SM, that was sweet of your great grandma! If I saw you on the street I would think you are pregnant, I think you look bumpy :flower:

MrsK nice shirt, good job! If I had ironed something on I would have probably done the same thing and done it upside down lol Since we are visiting a bunch of people around Halloween, we decided to announce the pregnancy with a preggo skeleton shirt. My friend made one up a couple years ago so I was just going to use hers but when I picked it up the other day it was soooo big (not maternity, just a very large shirt- and she is not much bigger than me, so I have no idea why it is so big) and we need it for this weekend, so I ended up hand painting one. It looks ok as long as you don't look too close :shhh:

BUcherwurm, I hope your Ultrasound and follow up go well today!

MrsK, that shirt is great! The amputated leg idea is a pretty good one. Your little mistake with the iron on sounds like something I would do!

Hubby painted our little man's room yesterday! I am hoping he sets most of it up today and puts the crib back together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->