2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Bucher, hope everything is going okay with your scan! :hugs:

I haven't started buying anything yet, I don't feel pregnant yet! All a bit surreal, I'm hoping to start in the January sales when I'm 30ish weeks, so there will be no denying I'm pregnant then:haha: until then I'm getting the house ready!

Some lovely nursery pictures! And bump pictures! All carrying so well, hopefully I'll end up that way, currently I just look fat:dohh: but it's actually quite convenient as I'm not announcing til 24 weeks!

Everyone enjoying the start of the week? I work shifts, so today is my first day off in 5 days, so I'm trying to relax and enjoy some peace while my OH is at work:coffee:

We had our scan yesterday! All was perfect and baby was cooperative, we saw all sorts of movements it was so wonderful! I stuck to my gut instinct and did not find out the gender, but DH did :) He is having so much fun teasing me already, but I'm having fun guessing too! I put up a thread for gender guesses if anyone wants to see the scan or take a guess. I'd love to hear what you lovely ladies think!

Also, a quick question. Yesterday after my ultrasound (like 2 hours later or so) I got really really crampy. It hurt so much I had to take off my pants to get rid of any extra pressure on my abdomen, then just sat curled up for the rest of the night. I read online that if the tech pushes hard that some ladies have this happen. Anyone else experience this, or was it just me? It really freaked me out! I feel better today, but still a little sore feeling in the lower ab area.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/gender-prediction/2245775-gender-predictions-twinkie2.html

twinkie: I had that happen during my 14 week ultrasound. It took about 2 days for me to start feeling like myself but my abs were sore for almost 4 days.

Does anyone else have pains at night from needing to take a BM? I felt like I got punched in the gut and had to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Felt so much better immediately afterwards.

Other than that, all is well. How's everyone doing so far? any new symptoms?

Twinkie I felt quite crampy after my 16 week scan, the tech had been pushing quite hard on my bump as little miss was in an awkward position. I hope you're feeling better today.
We won't be having a nursery as we don't have a spare room currently. Baby would be in with us for at least the first 6 months anyway. The last 2 weekends we have been nesting though. We have had a sort through of the boys bedroom and through away lots of stuff. It's lots more organised now.
We have also cleared out our 2 big cupboards that we use for storage and reorganised it all better. Got rid of lots too. We have also started sorting out our bedroom but there is still lots to do.
The cupboards will need to be redone after Christmas as we will need to put the christmas decorations etc at the back and get the baby stuff that we have stored in there out. Hopefully as we have organised it all it shouldn't be too bad when we have to redo it.
The next thing I want to buy is a baby sling/carrier/wrap that I can breastfeed in. Has anybody had one that they have managed to breastfeed in?

Twinkie, I'm glad your scan went well! And yes, the techs can definitely push very hard!

Loozle, I would like to figure out how to BF in a wrap as well. I used a boba wrap with my first and loved it, but I wasn't confident enough to attempt to BF in it. I'm not really sure how it works, since you're supposed to be able to kiss your baby's head while in the carrier, so how on earth are they supposed to get down to the boobs? *** Here I am at work trying to see if I can bend my head to the point where my baby's head would be if BFing :blush:....*** So maybe it could work? There is an awesome local babywearing group here, so I will ask them.

Anyone else in the 20 week range not feeling the baby a lot? I'm kinda nervous because I don't think I'm feeling very much... In the evenings DF tries to feel from the outside, and I can't even feel anything on the inside... Is it still just too early? I'm feeling small movements but nothing super definite...

Ha! I hope your coworkers aren't watching, Nelly! I have no idea on breastfeeding in wraps, but I'm curious to know.

No new symptoms here, really, except that it seems harder to stay hydrated. I'm trying to drink even more water, but it's tricky. I feel like a fish :p Otherwise, very few symptoms besides the hip pain. Even the heartburn is less frequent. It makes me a little nervous, but I guess it's just another step in the baby's campaign to drive me crazy before he's even born. He's definitely his father's son... ;) If I wasn't dealing with this darn anterior placenta, I'd probably feel better...

Anyone else in the 20 week range not feeling the baby a lot? I'm kinda nervous because I don't think I'm feeling very much... In the evenings DF tries to feel from the outside, and I can't even feel anything on the inside... Is it still just too early? I'm feeling small movements but nothing super definite...

I was just moaning about this when you commented :) I can still go days with nothing, then a day of occasional little kicks, then nothing. It's so frustrating, but I know that the combination of anterior placenta and first baby is working against me. Check out this calendar, it's eased my mind a few times about what's normal: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/due-date-calculator.php

Yes, it's completely normal not to feel anything at this stage, especially your first. Have they told you for sure that you don't have an anterior placenta, MissFrick? I'm not sure that they would have told me that I do if I hadn't asked. I still feel very little and very "muffled" movements.

I heard back from my post on the babywearing group about BFing in the carriers, and a lot moms say it's not too hard once you get used to it! One of the moms works at a baby boutique here and is due a few weeks before me so offered to show how it's done when our little one arrives! (missfrick, I can point you towards that FB group if you have an interest in babywearing... lots of helpful info!)

I only know mine is anterior because I was watching when the tech typed it into the report. I'm assuming my midwife will mention it today, but you never know.

I definitely wouldn't have even thought to ask if it was my first. I could just feel so much more with my dd.

I just had a big mac and poutine, and i'm still hungry! I feel like a bottomless pit these days!

I used a ring sling with DS and used to BF him in there all the time, so definitely possible! We have a lot of male friends host game days at our place, so rather than have to excuse myself from the board/card/video game we were playing I would just put the sling on; hands-free & a cover in one! I never had any trouble BF anywhere, but I really don't care what people think or if someone sees my boob. I BF my DS in the middle of the church when we got him baptized. The church would only do it at 2pm- that was meal time & DS was crying...I used a cover and I didn't think twice about it until afterwards when a couple of people- including the priest- commented (nothing negative, more like "good for you").

The only people I would go to another room for were FIL & my 11 yr old brothers as it would make them uncomfortable.

My mum once had to sit on a toilet in a dirty mall washroom to BF and I vowed I would never do that. :nope:

Oh no, not the poutine again! ;) I'm really hungry, I'm going to be beyond ready for lunch after my appointment.

Thanks LilFooshFoosh! I BFed my dd at church too :) and the only comments I got were good ones! Most people didn't even notice. My mom often talks about having to BF me in the bathroom when I was a baby and they were out somewhere. It's pretty sad (and gross!). As much as some people still complain about public BFing, I think most moms now are confident enough to say too bad, and BF wherever they need to.

I'm back from my appointments.
The cyst doesn't seem to be a big deal. They didn't find anything else on the ultrasound that would indicate anything else wrong.
Though, they still didn't get a good view of the heart. I have an appointment for a fetal echo in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will come out fine and we don't have to go to the city again.
And, they still didn't see if it's a boy or girl. Stubborn little thing.

I'm glad your ultrasound went well and they aren't worried. You have a little rascal in there not cooperating though! :)

Twinkie I'm glad you've stayed team yellow :) congrats on the scan and cute pic.

Bucherwurm glad things went well. Shame baby won't play ball aha.

Ladies I need a little reassurance. I woke up early with a huge ache on my left side which hasn't gone away all day. It reminds me of a kidney infection but at points it has eased up. I've also a bit of an ache below my belly button I think that must be growing pains. I've felt baby today so feel reassured but I'm still tempted to see the Dr tomorrow in case.

Bumpwishes, there are so many aches and pains associated with pregnancy, but definitely go see your doc if it doesn't let up, especially if it feels like it could be a kidney infection. I hope you feel better!

Bumpwishes, there are so many aches and pains associated with pregnancy, but definitely go see your doc if it doesn't let up, especially if it feels like it could be a kidney infection. I hope you feel better!

Thank you. I think I might. Just to ease my mind at least.

I've been getting little pains here and there the last couple of days. Yesterday I realized it only happens around the times I feel bubs moving. First I get several movements on the upper left then those stop and I get jabbing pains on the low left or low right, then a few minutes later it is kicks up on the left again, so I am convinced it is the baby playing in there. Have you noticed anything immediately before or after the pains?

I have endo so the baby can hit me in an extra tender spot, but I'm sure that can happen even if you don't have endo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->