2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I've been getting little pains here and there the last couple of days. Yesterday I realized it only happens around the times I feel bubs moving. First I get several movements on the upper left then those stop and I get jabbing pains on the low left or low right, then a few minutes later it is kicks up on the left again, so I am convinced it is the baby playing in there. Have you noticed anything immediately before or after the pains?

I have endo so the baby can hit me in an extra tender spot, but I'm sure that can happen even if you don't have endo!

I have endo too and was under the impression pregnancy was a temporary cure for it? Maybe I'm wrong and that's where some of my pains are coming from as well? I was fairly certain that pregnancy stopped endo because you no longer are shedding uterine lining therefore no longer shedding outside either?

Call the doctor if you're concerned, especially if it feels like a kidney infection. It could just be a random pain, though.

My appointment went well. Saw my third of four midwives so far, and I've liked them all. Since I'll be jumping between them, I could give birth with any of them. I brought my friend Amy because DH had to work. DH has a kind of unisex name (Alex), and I appreciated that she came in, introduced herself, and asked if Amy was Alex without blinking an eye. I really like the environment and attitudes there :)

No word on my ultrasound results because the ultrasound place didn't send them AGAIN. Grrr. Not impressed. She's going to call me when they come in. Everything else looked good, though. Next time is the gestational diabetes test. Yay...

I heard back from the midwife. Teddy looks great :) All the bits and pieces are there.

My placenta, on the other hand, is officially an asshole. Not only is it anterior, it's also low lying. I'm not worrying about it for now because chances are it will move up, but it's still annoying. I am getting an extra ultrasound out of it, though, so that will be nice.

Oh placenta previa sucks. I had it with my first but it moved up and wasn't an issue. Fortunately that is the case for most, and hopefully for you too!

Thanks, Nelly :) She said it's low lying but not covering the cervix now, so I'm pretty hopeful that it won't be an issue. I swear, though, this placenta is gonna drive me nuts...

I got a flu shot this morning & tonight I have the sniffles & am coughing. I know the flu shot cannot actually GIVE you the flu. I have gotten the flu shot pretty much every year & have never had any side effects from it. I hope I wake up tomorrow & am fine!

I know a few people this year who have had reactions. It must be a strong one this year. It's been gone within a day or so for everyone, so hopefully it's the same for you.

I just have a sore arm so far and I got mine yesterday.

MissFrick it kind of is, as you are right you aren't shedding the lining anymore, so it stops building up and gives your body time to get rid of the stuff that is where it isn't suppose to be. But I have stage 4 (4 being the worst) with endometriomas- blood filled cysts- on both ovaries and it was one of the worst cases the doc who did my laparoscopy had seen. Luckily, I don't have any fused organs, but, when they did the lap in Dec2012, both cysts were over 5 cms and were only able to be partially removed as to not damage my ovaries. Neither of my cysts disappeared during my first pregnancy but they didn't increase in size either. If I get kicked in or around the ovary area it can be quite painful but hasn't ever caused them to burst (that has happened just not while pregnant).

I'm scared to get my flu shot, I've not had one before (haven't had the flu since I was a kid either) so I don't know what kind of reaction I will have and I'm worried I will end up getting sick. I think I will still end up getting one though. Snowbunnie & Teilana I hope you both wake up feeling excellent tomorrow :hugs:

Hopefully your placenta stops being a douche bag, MrsK!

I am due March 19, 2015. I will find out in 4 days what I am having. Feel free to make a gender guess using the skull theory.

Attachments

• baby#3-14wks.jpg
    baby#3-14wks.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, Foosh :)

I read about you getting kicked in the ovaries as if it had happened several times, and it took me a second to figure out that you meant the baby kicking. I was wondering what exactly you got up to that people went around kicking you in the ovaries all the time, and I was getting very concerned!

I got my first flu shot last year, and another one this year, and besides a sore arm, I didn't have any trouble. Even if you do feel sick for a day like a lot of people do, feeling run down and congested for a day is a lot better than actual flu, and a lot safer for baby.

I got up this morning and my belly feels sore all over. I guess the ultrasound tech yesterday was a bit rough. She was trying to get baby to move, but it didn't work. All it did was make a sore mummy-to-be.

Oh no, that's not good, Bucherwurm. I hope you feel better. On another note, your baby is now the size of the mystery giant pomegranate! I don't see it on the little picture list on the ticker though. So random!

Sorry bucherwurm, I just had that too, scan was Monday, still felt tender yesterday, but today seems good so far. Hope it passes quickly for you!!

And there is a shooter on the loose downtown here in Ottawa. So thankful I don't work downtown right now. I hope my fellow Ottawans are staying safe!!!

I heard about that. So scary. I hope everyone stays safe.

Bucherwurm, I hope the pain eases up soon. I was achy after my NT scan. Congrats on your mutant pomegranate ;)

I'm researching low lying placentas today. The good news for me is that my stupid anterior placenta actually works to my advantage because they're much more likely to move up. But I'm seeing a lot of women who were told no heavy lifting, pelvic rest, limited travel, etc when placenta previa. My midwife didn't say anything like that, and she knows we're going on our cruise in a few days! I'm guessing it's just because mine isn't as serious? It sounds like the ladies online had placentas covering the cervix, not just near it, and some of them had bleeding earlier in the pregnancy, which I never had. Now I'm wondering if I should call her back and ask, or just assume that if I needed to follow any special instructions, she would have given them to me. She left me a pretty detailed voicemail and was totally unconcerned about it being close to the cervix at this point...

I'm researching low lying placentas today. The good news for me is that my stupid anterior placenta actually works to my advantage because they're much more likely to move up. But I'm seeing a lot of women who were told no heavy lifting, pelvic rest, limited travel, etc when placenta previa. My midwife didn't say anything like that, and she knows we're going on our cruise in a few days! I'm guessing it's just because mine isn't as serious? It sounds like the ladies online had placentas covering the cervix, not just near it, and some of them had bleeding earlier in the pregnancy, which I never had. Now I'm wondering if I should call her back and ask, or just assume that if I needed to follow any special instructions, she would have given them to me. She left me a pretty detailed voicemail and was totally unconcerned about it being close to the cervix at this point...

Yes, when I had placenta previa, my doctor was pretty strict about the amount of physical activity I was allowed to do. No heavy lifting, no long walks, definitely no running or intense work outs etc. I'm surprised your midwife didn't tell you to take it easy.

I think I'd better call, huh? She didn't say how low it was - could be it's not too bad and that's why it's not a problem.

Not sure, my doc said mine wasn't completely covering the cervix and still wanted me to be very careful. Maybe he was extra cautious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->