2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Can I Join? I apologise I haven't had chance to catch up with the tread yet but I will do!

I am 22 and due on March the 27th with baby no 2, first born is a lovely and healthy 2 year old boy. This was a surprise pregnancy this time round due to failed contraception!

I have been so lucky with this pregnancy and I haven't been sick at all, I sleep whenever I get the chance though! I am finding out the gender on the 10th when I have my 20 week scan :)

Ah yes, I forgot she as going away! Lucky lady! Thanks Twinkie!

Hello ladies! I'm back! If I wasn't so exhausted after a week of travel, I might have stowed away in a lifeboat and never come home ;) I told DH I'm never flying coach while pregnant again. I'm usually ok with obnoxiously small airline seats because my legs aren't too long, but United keeps shrinking and shrinking them.

Everything's good here. You're sweet to worry about me, DrMum :) I still can't feel little T moving much because of the anterior placenta, but I'm trying not to let it worry me too much. I know it's normal, just annoying...

I hope everyone is doing ok. I think I'm all caught up, but I can't remember back to what was going on 20 pages ago ;) I'm booked for my GTT test in a couple weeks, but I have lemon lime stuff instead of orange stuff, for a little variety, I guess? I don't have the instructions right here, but I think the nurse said I don't have to fast, but to avoid carby stuff the day before, and nothing but water after I drink the test stuff.

Here's a 22 week graceful manatee shot :D

Attachments

• graceful manatee.jpg
    graceful manatee.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 11
hello ladies

Im getting my GD test next week, so that was some good info a few pages back... Ill make sure to eat some good proteins first. My clinic said it was okay to drink water tho during the hour... any reason why water would affect a GD test??

As for genders... I finally have my scan date!! It'ss be 11/11 @ 11a lol Im pretty sure Im having a girl, so we may balance out the numbers a bit here in another week or so when I find out at 22 weeks!!

as for mummy3, I actually saw her last week... shes been really busy with her little boy, so its understandable if she hasnt much time to get online.. plus she has 4 other kids, so the week before Halloween must have been really busy for her.. but I bet between them all they got some good candy!!

and wb from vacay, mrsk... and yeah, United sucks... I've been boycotting them for a few years now, I refuse to fly that airline.. theyre the worst

I flew them because I had a $300 credit for taking a later flight last time, but it almost wasn't worth it :p I don't recall having any major complaints in May, but I don't think I'll be seeking them out again anytime soon... I should really stick with Southwest if they fly where I'm going.

Maybe water dilutes the sugars? I don't know. I'm allowed to drink water during mine. Funny how much variation there is in the instructions! Since I'm going with the slightly hippie midwives instead of an OB (which is the norm around here), I'm guessing they just feel strongly that they'd rather have to redo the test than make mom do anything potentially dangerous like fasting. Not that regular OBs don't care, it's just a different office culture altogether.

Enjoy your scan! All those 11s, must be good luck!

Welcome chloesnowie10! :)

Do all you ladies have to take a GTT test then? We don't have them done here in the UK unless there are already risk factors.

Welcome Chloe and welcome back MrsK!
I won't be having the gtt, as coffee says, we don't get them in the uk unless we have other risk factors. I think they test for sugar in our urine at each appointment though and I guess if any showed up then you would be sent for a gtt.

Has anybody got any new cravings? I seem to have a slight craving for satsuma's at the moment. Luckily it's a healthy craving this time, although I keep getting an urge to eat mexican food too, I will have to give in sooner or later lol. Perhaps if I make my own at home rather than going out to eat, it might not be too bad!

Same here in France, puffs. I didn't have to with DD because I wasn't high-risk. But because DD was around 10 lbs, I have to do it this time. The French don't understand that us Americans can make some pretty 'solid' babies! My brother and I were around 10 lbs, so that's where it must come from. My MIL smoked during both of her pregnancies, so she only had premies, so I have no reference for high/low birth weight on DH's side of the family. I have a feeling that this one is on track for being around 10 lbs as well!

Haven't had time to read everything yet, but wanted to say happy wedding day MissFrick!!!!

Oh yes, Happy Wedding Day Miss Frick! Enjoy every moment xx

Oh is it the wedding today? Exciting!! Congrats missfrick (?mrsfrick ?!) I can't wait to hear about it!!

Glad you are safely back mrsk! The chat was quiet without you :)

Swamp good to hear from you too and thanks for the update on mummy3 - she's my fellow Celt in the Americas! I'm kind of jealous some of you guys live close to each other...although since we live just south of the arctic circle, there's not really anything much close around here.....! And yeah, it's snowing today! That'll be us until about may I guess..!

So, GTT for me this week and echo for baby in 4 weeks. Just counting down the weeks already ....

Welcome Chloe! Welcome back MrsK, your trip sounds like it was great- aside from the plane!

Yay MissFrick, I hope everything is wonderful! Congrats :flower:

Thanks for the update on Mummy3, SM! I was hoping she was just really busy and not gone into extra premature labour! Was starting to get worried.

For the no water during GTT, my immediate thought was it was to avoid flushing the stuff out too quickly, but I've really no idea why

Do any of you find you have problems with the not sleeping on your back?

i dont actually have problems with it because iv always slept on my right side but every morning lately i garauntee i wake up on my back, i dont feel myself do it or anything but its a little worrying cause i dont know when its happening or anything and dont want to cause any damage etc as i know your not allowed to sleep on your back.

I keep waking up on my back! And I'm not even normally a back sleeper...

I'm having more trouble not sleeping on my stomach. I hear that the issue with sleeping on your back is blood flow, and generally you'll wake up uncomfortable or lightheaded before it becomes dangerous. Your body's way of telling you to get it together and move onto your side, I guess. So I wouldn't sleep on my back on purpose, but I wouldn't panic if I woke up that way.

So, I was in the grocery store today, thinking about Theodore being the size of a papaya this week...

Attachments

• papaya baby.jpg
    papaya baby.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 17
If you are worried about waking up on your back you can put a pillow behind you to keep you from being totally flat.

MrsK that is too funny. The smaller one looks like it is probably more in line with where we should be but then it also looks like it could be smaller than the pomegranate on steroids from one of the last weeks!

And I'm a silly banana

Happy Wedding Day missfrick! Hope your day went beautifully. So do we get to find out if it's a boy/girl now? lol:happydance:

wb MrsK, you were missed. I can't believe how fast the week has flown by. I keep thinking that we're coming up on the third trimester soonish. It's 25 weeks or so right? That would be right at the end of November for me.

I keep picturing little one from head to toe being about 10 inches or so. So the length of a piece of standard paper, that just blow me away. he/she is curled up in a ball and kicks or jabs me.

Welcome Chloe!! It's always nice to see new members joining up. Can't wait to here about your bumps and cravings along the way. :thumbup:

As for sleeping, I have a pillow fort. I am surrounded by pillows and even have a snoogle. I still find myself on my stomach or back. Which is weird for me. I was a huge side sleeper from middle school on and now for some odd reason this little being inside me makes me move a ton in sleep.

I'm like 3/4 way done with unpacking. DH doesn't really help much other than to tell me to take a break and relax, lol. I figure he is scared I might yell at him for moving things to the wrong part of the house. Friends are finally giving up on trying to get me convinced to find out he gender of little one and want to buy stuff. It makes me laugh and smile knowing they can get over themselves so quickly and finally give in. I am looking forward to March..Heck, come on New years!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->