2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Yay Booked another scan, a little earlier than i had planned for the 23rd November at 2pm. It's going to be 4d hd live, how exciting :D

Does anyone know if baby growth spurts also mean hormone surges? Every once in awhile, I'll have an awful headache that's almost impossible to kick, even with Tylenol. I've attributed them to hunger mostly (they tend to pop up if I went to bed hungry the night before), but I had one yesterday that's continuing into today, and I'm pretty sure T is growing because I'm extra hungry and have been having more round ligament pain the past day or so. I know the hormones can cause headaches, especially in the second trimester, but I don't know if there's a direct connection with the growth spurts.

Had our 20 week ultrasound. Everything looked great! He is still a he and he is measuring a week early. As of now, they haven't changed my due date, though. It was so good to him. <3

Attachments

• ZahradnekSharon20141103172728998 (Medium).jpg
    ZahradnekSharon20141103172728998 (Medium).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ZahradnekSharon20141103175552578 (Medium).jpg
    ZahradnekSharon20141103175552578 (Medium).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 11
due to my diabetes my pregnancy is considered High Risk so I'm getting an ultrasound every 3-4 weeks until baby is born

MrsK: Have you tried Tylenol to get rid of the headache? I have been having them on/off for the last couple of weeks but they go away after I drink some water and eat something. If yours is not going away even after eating or taking tylenol I would call up your midwife and mention it to them.

Well, my maternity pantyhose didn't last the day. I just went to the washroom and tore a huge hole in the leg when I pulled them back up lol. Guess I will stick to leggings!

Had our 20 week ultrasound. Everything looked great! He is still a he and he is measuring a week early. As of now, they haven't changed my due date, though. It was so good to him. <3

Congrats on the scan! I had mine this morning. All looks well. Baby is on track/a few days smaller but as far as they could see, all healthy. I had such a lovely sonographer who talked me through everything.
I stayed strong and remained team yellow! For now aha :D

Cute Hopeful!

lol Nelly, I usually do that or end up taking them off. I'm pretty tall so it is hard to find the right size that will stay up and not end up with the crotch down closer to my knees! I hate buying the expensive ones because I still usually only get 1 use out of them and then feel bad for spending like $20.

MrsK, could it be your blood pressure? how has it been at your appointments? I usually have low blood pressure but occasionally if I get up too fast or go up stairs I get a lot of pressure in my head and can hear the blood flowing. Best to check with the MW anyway. :hugs:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to update that we are going to have a girl! So excited!

Team Pink! :baby:

Congrats on team pink, DentDoc! And congrats on staying team yellow, Bumpwishes! You're way stronger than me!

Tylenol helps, but doesn't always knock it completely out (possibly because I usually only take a half dose). I finally caved and took one, and I'm feeling better now, but I feel like between the hip pain and the occasional headache, I'm taking more than I'm happy with. I was really sore on the cruise (something about it exacerbated an old ankle injury) and I was trying to take a break, but oh well. After a day and a half of on and off pain, I think it was warranted.

My blood pressure has been good at my appointments. I suspect it dropped a few times in the first trimester, when I'd get dizzy when I get up, but no symptoms like that lately. I know other women who get second trimester headaches that aren't linked to any particular issue, just a hormone thing, but it's on my list to bring up at my next appointment.

I did get occasional headaches like this before pregnancy, and a lot of them faded after I got glasses (I have a very mild prescription, but I think I was getting a lot of strain because my eyes don't quite match up), so it could be those pregnancy related vision changes they talk about. I wouldn't mind spending the money for a new pair of glasses to get me through pregnancy, even if I go back to my normal prescription afterwards and only get a few months out of them, but I don't know if those pregnancy changes stay the same throughout pregnancy or if your eyes keep changing. It's only worth the money if the actually work.

Here's a cute pic

Attachments

• Its a girl!.jpg
    Its a girl!.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
Hehe that is a cute pic :p

I haven't suffered with headaches too much thankfully I think it was just mainly the day af should have shown and dizziness dodoesn't bother me either unless like the other day I was watching a film mum had on and I don't know why but any films that involve a lot of horror (if it shows say someone cuttin off someone's hands or anything similar) it affects me in a way I have to get up and go out the room. It makes me have hot flashes and feel sick and dizzy, I get that all the time even wen not preg guess horror films don't like me :p

On another note this last week I have noticed a very active baby, kicking a lot lol it suprises me as my 20week scan said I have anterior placenta and know that makes it take a lot longer to feel, it makes me so happy thou. With my first it was odd I didn't feel kicks or anything I didn't even feel contractions in Labour only got pain for the last hour althou there was no build up either just lots of pain all in one go and had back Labour and I don't wish that upon anyone :p

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at 5am this morning and this is something I'd never heard of before it's crazy, she was born in her waters as they didn't break. Didn't even know that was possible lol she had to stay in hospital for 12hrs as baby had done her first poo in the waters, all very odd they had to be sure baby didn't swallow any. She was due to be induced Thursday so just on time lol

Congratulations, Auntie Smurf! I believe being born in your waters is good luck, according to the old wives tales. It can also hint at some supernatural abilities :)

Haha that's awesome I'd honestly never heard of it :D I have to wander now if her body just doesn't know what to do when it comes to it as she had to be induced with first one and then this :p

It's really incredibly rare, I think. I hope they got a couple pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->