2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Is Cornelius Arthur too out there of a name? His nicknames would be Cor, Cory or Neal. We have been trying to find a second name just incase it gets taken but we can't seem to agree on any :(

What's the norm where you live? Cornelius is a little out there, but out there isn't so weird these days in a lot of places. If you live somewhere where all the babies are Sue, Bob, and Bill, I'd give it a little more thought, or maybe reverse it so you have Arthur Cornelius. If you life somewhere where old fashioned, more elaborate names are the trend, go for it. I don't think Cornelius would be too out of place in a class full of Theodores and Augustines and Beatrices.

Yeah, it's a little out there for here too. I think people would call him Corny, but that would be my only worry. There are lots of different names out there now!

@Loozle: I'm glad you shared about not feeling great: I've been exhausted running after my 2-yo all day. And yes, it is super hard to get up off the floor, which is a necessary position when interacting with little ones. We're potty training, so running across the apartment and bending down to sit DD on the potty is really taking it out of me. I can definitely feel the difference when DH is home and can help out. I have these great memories of my first pregnancy when I could have a lie down or nap anytime I wanted.

I'm still getting some queasiness/aversions to some really basic foods, but nothing like you're describing, bless you! I also sometimes can't get comfortable sitting down, like I'm running out of room in my torso.

I'm trying to hold on and ride the excitement of finding out the gender on Friday! Can't wait!

Obviously no festivities here for bonfire night :( but it looks like there's an almost full moon out! Enjoy!

I'm having hip pain after sitting for prolonged periods of time which is often because I have a desk job.

I am moving from Fort Lauderdale, FL back to my home town Boston, Ma so exciting but so stressful busy couple of weeks ahead

Good luck with the move! I don't envy you having to move at this stage in pregnancy. I love Boston.

I'm in pretty good shape with maternity clothes, unless I need a few things when I'm really huge, or I end up needing a special occasion outfit and neither of the nice dresses I already have will work. But the jerks at Motherhood went and sent me an ad with a really cute shirt - it reminds me of one of my favorite non-maternity tops. I really can't justify spending $40 on a shirt I don't need right now, but I'm so tempted... I swear I never cared this much about clothes before I got pregnant!

I feel for ya on moving house. My mum is moving in just over two week not looking fforward to it I hate feeling so helpless.

Good luck for gender finding on Friday frenchie :D

Mrsk we live in a big city so I'm sure there are a lot of out there names, but I really am not sure.

Nelly that's my thought too is that he will get Corny as a nickname from other kids at school. Not sure if DH has thought of it and I keep forgetting to mention it.

Teilana: I love the name you picked out. To me it sounds good. We had a dear friend by the name of Cornell Dante. Nick names for Cornelius could go anywhere from from neil, cory, cornell. As long as you love the name it will be perfect. We have our names picked out. Hiruzen Dane and Hinata Jade. It's definitely not in the norm range and it is very different than any name in the US. We literally sat down a month before conceiving and wrote down names we really liked and then made combinations of the names. Our other choices were Hiroshi Dean and Hitomi Pearl. I know it will be tough going to places that have personalized gifts but I can always order one for them and they can always choose to go by nicknames or their middle names. OR..be like me and change their name after they are 18. =)

ladybrown: you live down the road from me. =P We live near coco beach over at Patrick AFB.

So today at the grocers the checkout lady asked if I was pregnant and how far along i was. I proudly jutted my gut and said..about 5 1/2 months. She then said..wow, you're so small for being so far along. I laughed and said if she saw me the day before it looked like I was going to burst. I swear, this little one likes to move around and hide in my pelvis and along my back. Today I can actually see me feet again after going a month without. I am assuming tomorrow it will probably go back to looking like I'm a whale. :haha::haha: j/k

my adopted mom called me today. I had a rough week. I cried for a whole day because I simply felt lonely and homesick. I feel alone and without people coming to see me or talk to me. My DH has been really supportive but I think its the crazy hormones fluctuating again. well, my mom called and it made me feel great. During the call she said, OMG I'm going to be a grandma and started crying. It was so heartwarming and I cried along with her. I am so excited and it's still so surreal that there is this little being growing inside of me. I keep thinking just a few more months and I'll get to meet that little person. Also, it has occurred to me this will be little one's first Christmas. Even though baby is not on the outside they are still sharing this major holiday with our family.

Is anyone doing prenatal exercises, and if so, what? I have a DVD that I have done a handful of times coupled with some pregnancy yoga, but I'm really inconsistent. Kinda worried that the doc is going to give me a hard time on Friday; put on about 8 lbs since my last appt.

It's only really started hitting me that I'm going to care for another tiny little human again. Not until I learned the gender and got really excited about something for the first time in this pregnancy, has this finally become REAL for me. I'm so happy to finally feel excited!

Trying to prepare my hubby to help me be more successful at breastfeeding this time around. I told him that it's really quite normal for baby to cluster feed like crazy a few days after birth and at all growth spurts that come one after another early on. I told him "it's going to be hard, and I might want to quit, but I need to power through if I want to be successful this time." I'd really like to keep the pump put away for as long as possible. A huge hassle as I'm well aware. Hope this boy is a miraculously good feeder. I need all the help I can get.

All I've really been doing is prenatal yoga weekly. I do a fair amount of walking/standing at work plus it seems like I'm at one of the malls weekly with my mom and gramma...

I know I'm mostly prepared for the breastfeeding journey but I don't know about DH. We haven't talked much about it besides deciding that we are going to give it a good shot. I know we will have support from our parents, SIL (who is also due in March) and our midwives. There are also a few lactation consultants around us so we have options.

I feel like I had a good chance with my second, then second day home Dh got worried about her intake so asked me to pump a feed and then I fell back into the routine I did for my first of pumping ALL THE TIME. I just don't want to be talked into it again. I doubt myself too easily. I can't have anyone else making that any worse.

Bookity, I'm feeling the same as you! Really hoping the breastfeeding goes better this time. I am confident it will because I am so much better prepared and will know what to do if my milk isn't coming in again.

Prenatal exercise!? hahaha... I don't do anything, but I guess chasing a toddler around and carrying her etc is quite the work out!

I've been watching my poor SIL exclusively pump for over a year now, and I see what a drain it is on her (I know it's her choice and I really admire her for it, but I wish she'd given herself a break and supplemented with formula a little). I think that'll motivate me to keep going with breastfeeding, if I'm able to. It looks like such a hassle to pump all the time. Plus all the extra dishes. They're definitely my least favorite chore. :dishes:

I'm feeling a lot better today. I woke up kind of sounding a little like Darth Vader, but the cough seems to be gone, and I'm just congested. Hopefully it's passed altogether by tomorrow. Bookity, I doubt I'm contagious at this point (if I ever was), but if you're not comfortable meeting tomorrow, let me know, I understand not taking any risks.

23 weeks today! I can't believe I'm only a week to V Day! I'm a grapefruit! Which I was planning to eat with lunch today... Why do I always end up accidentally eating the baby??

T gave me a couple good thunks last night up high, so either he's flipped around, or he's practicing his punching. I hope it keeps up, I'm tired of him just kicking the placenta :p

I'm not doing any specific pre-natal exercise. The yoga studio we used to go to only has prenatal yoga once a week, at the worst possible time. I'm sure there are a thousand other classes, but I don't want to get all bundled up and get on a bus for half an hour in winter just for yoga. It was really nice getting into the water on the cruise, so I'm thinking I ought to at least just go to the gym and walk in the pool a couple times a week, especially as walking outside gets less comfortable. This is Big Dog's favorite weather next to snow, too, so I think we'll try to take them on more long walks if DH's work schedule has settled down.

T gave me a couple good thunks last night up high, so either he's flipped around, or he's practicing his punching. I hope it keeps up, I'm tired of him just kicking the placenta :p

I have gotten some up high thumps, it happened during my scan last week and it turned out to be head-butts! :haha:

I had a good appointment today, but the nurse doing the scan thought baby looked more like a boy! It was just the cord. :dohh: I am going to be bumped to bi-weekly visits instead of weekly as we are over 3 weeks past my loss and everything looks great! :happydance:

IIRC there are a bunch of ladies getting their scans in the next week. Very exciting, good luck ladies!!

Headbutts! That's hilarious, never would have occurred to me! I wonder if that's what I felt.

I'm so glad things are looking good! It must be so scary going through pregnancy after a late loss.

Grapefruit? Are the fruits getting smaller?

I am right with you, Bookity and Nelly. I'd really like breastfeeding to go a lot more smoothly this time. I only pumped for about 6 weeks soon after DD was born to let myself heal from her voracious nursing. After that things went well, but when I introduced solids, it was a real struggle to keep her interested in nursing. I held onto the morning feed until about 1 year, but I think it was only because she was still a bit groggy in the morning.

With my first, I did a prenatal yoga routine a couple times a week. Now toddler chasing has definitely drained any energy that I would use for yoga!

I'm hopefully finding out gender in the morning. T - 14 hours!

Hello all. I haven't been following, but figured this was a good place to post. I had an appointment yesterday. I'm 20 weeks plus some and I got the results of my blood work and quad marker scan.

Everything came out looking very good. My numbers on the quad marker were probably about as low as they get and my iron levels and other things were looking very good. The one wonky thing was Hep B, but I was told that can show positive if you've been immunized, so that's likely what's going on there.

Anyway, I'm feeling great about this pregnancy and almost wish I hadn't done the pre-natal panel. I know I'm healthy and could have saved a bunch of money on that one!

It's also been great how much I've felt movement and I can't wait to find out if I'm having a boy or a girl and get to meet this little person!

Disclaimer: Well I guess I CAN wait since I WILL be waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->