2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh my friend delivered her baby still in the amniotic sac! It's apparently super rare and considered good luck :)

I also have a friend who's baby was born with intact waters. "In the caul" I think it's called. Yes, supposed to be lucky!!

Hehe that is a cute pic :p

On another note this last week I have noticed a very active baby, kicking a lot lol it suprises me as my 20week scan said I have anterior placenta and know that makes it take a lot longer to feel, it makes me so happy thou. With my first it was odd I didn't feel kicks or anything I didn't even feel contractions in Labour only got pain for the last hour althou there was no build up either just lots of pain all in one go and had back Labour and I don't wish that upon anyone :p

I had anterior placenta with my first and this one and both times right around 20 weeks is when I noticed a huge increase in movement. I love it!

Your previous labour also sounds like my first!

It's super rare to be born in a sac, but supposed to be incredibly good luck.

Welcome to team pink DentDoc!

Bumpwishes: you are so strong, I was sure I was going to stay yellow and then totally caved

Nelly: DH is bringing loads of candy to work tomorrow, please take, I can't have it in my house, lol!

Congrats DentDoc16, lovely to add another to team pink.

Haha thanks ladies!! I'm wondering whether I should have found out now. Soo want to know!!! Aha :)

Nelly: DH is bringing loads of candy to work tomorrow, please take, I can't have it in my house, lol!

Lol, but we have so much candy too! And DD keeps "helping" me make my lunch and she just throws tonnes of Halloween candy in it! It's funny and cute, but my lunch bag is so overloaded and heavy lol. But you don't have to worry about getting rid of any kind of food in our office... Put it out and it will disappear :)

I feel quite a bit of movement with my anterior placenta, but it's not the same as it was with DD. The movements feel very cushioned lol. Once in a while he will kick and miss the placenta which shocks me because I'm not used to those hard kicks anymore.

I know the placenta can move up when it's low, but i'm guessing it does that as the uterus grows though, so I don't know if it would move side to side.

Just wandering will the placenta move eventually wen it's anterior?

Nope when it's at the front, it's at the front. Nelly is right, it doesn't actually "move" up either, the uterus just grows and it goes with it.

But remember baby grows too, so those kicks are soon outwith the confines of the placenta so it feels much the same as having a posterior placenta by the end.

Hope that helps.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing the good kicks on the outside? When DH's little sister was pregnant I loved to watch the baby moving. She'd bare her belly for DH and I when she was around 8 months and it was surreal. I wonder how soon it will be for me to see that type of movement from my baby. Anyone seeing it yet on their bump?
I think the whole, being born in the sac is amazing. I watched a youtube video on it for a water birth and I was just awestruck. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I've been sorting out the last remnants of boxes downstairs. Next on the list is the office upstairs...not looking forward to dealing with that just yet. Once everything is nice and ready I'll post pics of the stuff we have gotten for our little one. =)

Mommasquirrel I doubt it will be long until you can see the movements. I can see movements now and I have an anterior placenta too. She's definitely kicking hard enough now! I'm looks forward to seeing a lump move across my bump etc. I constantly saw ds2's elbows when he was moving about, very surreal.
I think I must be going through a hormone surge because I'm super tired again and I've got a bit spotty again. My skin has been clear for a few weeks.

I can't wait to see those movements again! They were so crazy last time! I haven't seen or felt anything on the outside yet though. it's so rare that he kicks anything besides the placenta or my bladder...

I have seen a couple kicks or punches from him. DH hasn't yet. I too am excited to see baby parts move across my bump when he moves :)

I'm guessing that between being overweight and my anterior placenta, I won't be seeing movements for a long time. I'll be happy just feeling them regularly for awhile, though.

How's everyone feeling lately? My headache has been traded in for a gross cough. I've felt run down for a few days, and very tired. I don't know if I caught someone's cold on the plane, or if this is just a combination of exhaustion from travel, T's growth spurt sucking all the life out of me, and coming back to a cold climate. I have tutoring tomorrow and I took the last two weeks off, so I'd better feel better by then! I'd hate to miss again, even though they do manage without me ok. A whole month without seeing my kids is too much.

I hope you feel better soon MrsK! At the moment the general feeling is exhausted! I went back to work yesterday after a week off for half term and I'm really feeling sore with my hips too. My oh keeps telling me to take it easy but thats easier said than done! I work in a preschool so there's always something that needs doing and there's a lot of heaving myself up from sitting on the floor etc :haha:
Also, I'm still dealing with morning sickness, I can't wait until she's here and I don't have to deal with that anymore! Is anybody else still being sick?

Oh my, I hope you two both feel better soon! It's awful being sick, especially when you're pregnant. :(

Morning sickness at 23 weeks is just not fair! I'm laughing at the idea of taking it easy at a preschool. Like that's possible!

I'm feeling a little better now that I've been up for awhile. Hopefully this turns out to just be mild. I guess the bright side is I can't take most cold remedies anyway, so not taking them while pregnant is nothing new.

Yep, unfortunately for me, morning sickness will be here until the end. I remember still being sick the day I went into labour with both boys! My ds2 came in this morning when I was being sick and rubbed my back and said "ahh poor mummy, you're always sick" bless him! It could be worse though, I haven't been in hospital on a drip this time for dehydration, I had that a couple of times with ds2, that was no fun! So I'll look on the bright side, that it could be worse lol.

Is anybody doing anything for bonfire night? We aren't today although it's officially bonfire night tonight. We'll be going to a fireworks display/bonfire on Friday evening instead, which I'm looking forward to. I love fireworks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->