2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Last I checked, bananas were longer than grapefruit! The fruit are pretty funny. I kind of want to line them all up in real life and take a photo. I get that it's never going to be precise, but it seems like they barely tried. I think the random object scale that Pregnant Chicken does is a lot more accurate.

Have fun finding out the gender! Do you have any hunches?

Oh I will have to check out the pregnant chicken scale! A lot of the time I just check out what the length of the baby is supposed to be and then look at an actual ruler lol. Grapefruits are not big at all....

Good luck finding out the gender, Frenchie! Hope the baby cooperates for you!

I don't remember if she does them every single week, but hers are a lot of fun. He was the length of a Barbie last week, I think. The week before that he was the length of the world's largest gummy bear :D

:( My son just came home with a note saying there is a kid at his school (it's not big, only 4 classes of jk/sk splits- it opened last year) who has parvovirus b19 (Fifths disease). I want to cry, everything was going well and now I get to worry about this. I called the nurse but had to leave a message. I had something with similar symptoms to Fifths when I was young... I am really hoping that I did have it because then I am immune.

:brat:

IMMUNE!!! :happydance: I feel like I won the lottery hahaha

ETA: the nurse called me back =)

I had a long day today. I had a midwife appointment at 10 this morning, and she was running late. Then I had to drive for about an hour and half to go to the big city hospital again for my echo. That was on time and seemed fine. I got to see baby, who was moving around, though I didn't feel anything.
Then my next appointment was supposed to be at 2, but I didn't get seen until just after 4. I was seen for about 5 minutes to be told everything is fine. :flower: It was good news, but a long day. I didn't get home until just before 6:30.
Now that we know everything is fine, we booked a 3D gender ultrasound for a couple weeks. :happydance: I hope we actually get to find out and baby is co-operative.
At my midwife appointment I got my paper for gd test. I am hoping to be able to do it at my local hospital. It's supposed to only take an hour.

That is a long day! It's amazing how appointments can get pushed back like that.

Is anyone looking at childbirth classes yet? My midwives have brought them up at the last two appointments because some of them don't happen over the holidays, and they recommend a longer class instead of the quick weekend courses. They suggest Bradley, Bradley offshoots, and hypnobirthing. I don't think I'm deep and spiritual enough for hypnobirthing, so I guess I'll look at Bradley. Anyone have any experience?

I'll just say if you want to take a class, don't wait too long. I signed up for a 5 week course at 35 weeks with my first and she was born at 36. Only made one class!! I think I was really helped by taking part in forums about pregnancy. I wasn't going in totally blind that way. The worst part for me was transition, I was blindsided by that pain and could not "breathe through" the contractions at all. Thank God that part doesn't last long! I handled it much better the second time!

I asked at the last appointment and I think she suggested being done by 36 weeks. We'll do some research on DH's next day off and see what we find. The midwife gave me a long list of different providers that they recommend, but they said I can branch out on my own too.

Fifths disease was making its rounds here this spring. My daughter had it and was sick for days :(. It's weird because you don't know what it is until the fever breaks and they get the rash. I hope your little one doesn't get it!!!

Morning all, so pleased I passed my GTT with flying colours yesterday, feels like another milestone in this journey.

Great news on the good scans/echo!

So happy it's Friday and I'm not working this weekend. DH and I have a long overdue date night and I booked us into the spa on Sunday. Just what is needed! :D

So tomorrow morning I plan to PM out pairs for the Xmas gift exchange. If anyone has changed their mind today is the day to let me know, and then it's up to the pair to swap addresses etc. sound ok? I think we agreed on $20 CAD which is £11GBP or $17US? But feel free to negotiate a value between each pair as there may be specific things someone craves from another country!

Sounds good, DrMum!

Baby was very cooperative and I got to see all of HIS business! :blue:

The only downside is that he was transverse, so when it was time to do the pelvic exam, the dr had some trouble getting at my cervix. I've been having some brownish-red spotting since then. Does anyone know the guidelines on when it's too much?

Wonderful news for your echo, bucher :flower:

Yay, DrMum! GTT is great but date night and spa treatments sounds awesome! I'm jealous.

Frenchie, congrats on team blue! If it is bright red, fills a pad, continues for more than a day or two or if you start getting consistant cramps/contractions you should call someone. It sounds like the pelvic exam just irritated your cervix, still scary though! :hugs:

Congrats on team blue frenchie!!!!!

Drmum, not sure if I mentioned on here or just fb, but I would like to be part of the gift exchange :)

Congrats on team blue frenchie!!!!!

Drmum, not sure if I mentioned on here or just fb, but I would like to be part of the gift exchange :)

No prob I will add you to the draw. I'm not on FB anymore as my account kept getting hacked by a marketing company for some reason! So, anyone else who put it on FB needs to let me know here!

Drmum can you list the names of everyone who is in the gift exchange so you wont get bombarded by PMs. :)

Hi everyone! Any have or heard of a marginal insertion of umbilical cord? Freaking out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->