2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

So tomorrow morning I plan to PM out pairs for the Xmas gift exchange. If anyone has changed their mind today is the day to let me know, and then it's up to the pair to swap addresses etc. sound ok? I think we agreed on $20 CAD which is £11GBP or $17US? But feel free to negotiate a value between each pair as there may be specific things someone craves from another country!

I still want to join in on this:)

So when is everyone packing for the hospital? Im moving at the beginning of december and it makes me nervous knowing our due dates are soon after. Seriously this pregnancy is just flying on by. I mean I like it I want to see my princess but geez I thought id have more time to enjoy it. Lol

Frenchie: hooray on team blue. Do you have a name picked out?

How many ladies are still waiting to find out?

I am finally making some headway with this house. Wishing for more energy to have it done by the end of this month. Really looking forward to turkey day here...im gonna load up on cranberry sauce. ;)

Im plannin on packing the hospital bag mid January. We will install the carseat at that time also.

I had a long day today. I had a midwife appointment at 10 this morning, and she was running late. Then I had to drive for about an hour and half to go to the big city hospital again for my echo. That was on time and seemed fine. I got to see baby, who was moving around, though I didn't feel anything.
Then my next appointment was supposed to be at 2, but I didn't get seen until just after 4. I was seen for about 5 minutes to be told everything is fine. :flower: It was good news, but a long day. I didn't get home until just before 6:30.
Now that we know everything is fine, we booked a 3D gender ultrasound for a couple weeks. :happydance: I hope we actually get to find out and baby is co-operative.
At my midwife appointment I got my paper for gd test. I am hoping to be able to do it at my local hospital. It's supposed to only take an hour.

I have an echo next week friday what is it like? Does it take very long?

Mrsk, I am not looking forward to this moving thing but I have to do what I have to!

Yes I love and miss Boston, I enjoyed Fort Lauderdale but is time to go

That is a long day! It's amazing how appointments can get pushed back like that.

Is anyone looking at childbirth classes yet? My midwives have brought them up at the last two appointments because some of them don't happen over the holidays, and they recommend a longer class instead of the quick weekend courses. They suggest Bradley, Bradley offshoots, and hypnobirthing. I don't think I'm deep and spiritual enough for hypnobirthing, so I guess I'll look at Bradley. Anyone have any experience?

I won't be doing birth classes this time because I really don't feel like I need it. Last time I didn't do them because I couldn't afford to pay for something extra. I did, however, do a lot of research on my own. I read a couple books, did google searches, and watched a birthing class DVD series I found at the library. I actually did read the Bradley method book and although I'm not into the method itself, it does give good information and good relaxation techniques. I used a couple of their techniques in my first labor. When my sister is pregnant, I plan on giving her the book with specific parts highlighted. She's not much of a reader, so appreciates the idea to help her focus in on the parts that may be more helpful.

I had a long day today. I had a midwife appointment at 10 this morning, and she was running late. Then I had to drive for about an hour and half to go to the big city hospital again for my echo. That was on time and seemed fine. I got to see baby, who was moving around, though I didn't feel anything.
Then my next appointment was supposed to be at 2, but I didn't get seen until just after 4. I was seen for about 5 minutes to be told everything is fine. :flower: It was good news, but a long day. I didn't get home until just before 6:30.
Now that we know everything is fine, we booked a 3D gender ultrasound for a couple weeks. :happydance: I hope we actually get to find out and baby is co-operative.
At my midwife appointment I got my paper for gd test. I am hoping to be able to do it at my local hospital. It's supposed to only take an hour.

I have an echo next week friday what is it like? Does it take very long?

I don't know if they do the same thing for every one, but it seemed like a normal ultrasound. I even got to see baby at the end. I did see some pictures of the heart with blue parts and red parts. It took about 40-45 minutes, just like the anatomy scan.

Hi everyone! Any have or heard of a marginal insertion of umbilical cord? Freaking out :)

Hi Fellowes, it means the cord is attached at the edge of the placenta instead of being closer to the middle. They will probably monitor baby's size & weight gain to make sure enough is getting through and monitor to make sure that it doesn't move further off the placenta. Try not to freak out too much. Have you talked to your doc/MW about it?

:hugs:

OK everyone. So the list I have for the gift exchange is as follows:

Me
Mummy3
MrsKChicago
nellylou
Cmr01
loozle
Chrislo4
Ladybrown33
HopefulnNL
Missfrick
Frenchie35
Momma squirrel

I'm not clear on coffee puffin or Swampmaiden? Let me know?

If anyone wants to participate and is not on the above list let me know today :D

DH has the job of pulling people out of the hat tomorrow to pair people up!

Good job on the GTT test! I'm afraid of that one, especially the "go easy on carbs the day before" part. The meat aversion is getting a little better, but I don't think I'll manage the day on a few ounces of beef :p

Congrats on team blue, Frenchie!

Fellowes, I don't know anything about marginal cords, but I hope it doesn't cause problems for you.

I honestly have no idea when to pack for the hospital. We'll be doing the nursery in January (it'll need to be the dining room for hosting Christmas), even though I'd originally planned to do it sooner, but if he comes that early, it's not like he'd be home in the nursery right away anyway, so I'm not letting it bug me. I should talk to the midwives about what I'll really need in the hospital, I guess. I always have a travel toiletry kit put together anyway, so I guess it would be easy enough to grab that and some granola bars and just ask a friend with a key to bring me whatever else I needed if it came down to it.

SarahBear, I bet that'll be really helpful for your sister! I'm looking forward to taking a class, since this is all so foreign to me. I'm reading the Hypnobirthing book, too, even though I don't think it's necessarily the method for me, because I think there's still some value to what she has to say about fear getting in the way and so on. I'm glad I'm looking forward to the class, because if I recall correctly, taking a class (any class) is a condition of using the Alternative Birthing Center instead of the regular rooms at my hospital, and you need to use the ABC to get the homey environment and the tub and the big beds. And at least in those rooms, no epidural is the standard (I'd have to move to a regular room to get one), and the idea of an epidural really creeps me out, so I'll still have the option, but it'll be a little harder to cave in. I think it makes sense that if you're definitely going to give the natural birth a shot, that you'd have to take a class first.

I also have From the Hips and one of Ina May's books (I don't remember which one) loaded onto my Kindle, waiting to be read. Can you tell I'm an over-preparer?

My little cold is doing better, I'm just a little congested so far today. I'm off to Indiana with one friend to visit another friend who we canceled on a couple weeks ago, and I'd hate to have to cancel on her again.

My mum keeps telling me to sort my hosp bag which seems stupid to do so soon especially with moving house in two week aswell. Today I have been making a list of all the essentials need for baby, Crib etc so I can see what I need to buy still.

Is anyone else here going down home birth route? I am and I'm excited about it, wanted one with my daughter but chickened out as I didn't like one the midwives lol il still be packing a hospital bag though.

I know homebirth can be wonderful and totally safe, but the idea terrifies me. I think the stress of not being in the hospital with a thousand doctors at hand would just leave me in a total panic. I'm trying to get as close as I can to the cozy, low pressure home birth experience as I can while still being in a hospital, though. I hope you get yours! A friend of mine just did a homebirth and she loved it.

Had my 23 week appointment... Weight gain was totally within normal limits, not sure why I was so worried (yes I do - wedding weekend lol)
As I figured, I'm measuring big in the uterus - two whole weeks ahead, and I know she's not a huge baby... Extra fluids I guess? Or does chub get factored in?
Heart rate was 160, still very surreal to me that I'm having a baby, it hits me every once in a while and I'm like "omg"

ETA: woke up this morning to a round spot on my shirt over my nipple... SoI guess the leaking is starting... Didn't realize it would happen so soon...

I still have those moments, too. This growing belly is actually going to be a human in a few months? And they're leaving me in charge of it? What???

I still have those moments, too. This growing belly is actually going to be a human in a few months? And they're leaving me in charge of it? What???

Lol I know... And March is right around the corner... It's still so surreal, maybe it feels more real when you're not preg with your first? I know it'll be real when I'm up feeding get at 3am... And 5am... And 8am... Lol

Haha! I'm sure it'll be plenty real at 3am when he won't stop crying!

@missfrick: I did get some leaking this early with DD. I just put little cotton squares/rounds in my bra. I don't have any this time, but the nips are definitely a bit 'dewy'.

As for names, we still really like James. Someone on here has a DH/SO with that name. Does he like it? Does he prefer Jim or Jimmy?

I like James. It's a good, classic name with plenty of nickname options. He could go as Jay or Jamie, too.

Frenchie: I have a cousin and a friend, both named James, both go by James - I hope that helps.
It has only happened this morning for the first time, but I noticed when I squeeze them tons of clear fluid is coming out. Sooooo, if it becomes a consistent thing I'll have to start sleeping in a bra with nursing pads - a friend of mine gave me a huge stack of washable ones, so it won't be wasting $ or whatever :D

Hi!

Havent been here in ages, hectic, even on bedrest!! I want to do the gift exchange though! Will go try and read back to catch up some!

Hope everyone is well:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->