2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I spent yesterday morning in the hospital because I'm bleeding :( My cervix is closed, thank God. No UTI. Doctor thinks it was an old blood clot that is just now passing. Still scary shit! I'm on bed rest for the next few days until I see my doc again. Ahhhh

Kealz, I'm guessing girl, mainly because we're so outnumbered that surely due another little lady!! Cute pic:baby:

Talking of the GTT, I'm dreading it!! :sick: When I did it last time my number was 80 but the pregnancy before it came out at 52:wacko: So low I should have been on the floor, seemed my body just reacted to it though. Last time I did insulin for a couple days when the steroid shots sent the sugars wacky.

Chimama, SPD sucks:hugs: Try and take it easy and try and get physio to help with exercises etc:hugs:

Snowbunnie, so scary! Stick to the bedrest and keep things stable:hugs: I hope you can avoid bedrest long term, it sucks. Is it strict or modified?

I'm doing strict and more so this weekend. I made the decision to stop the progesterone shots. For me I feel they are triggering the preterm labour, contractions intensify in the after time and to the point last weekend it had to be stopped with the terb shot. So no moving and keeping everything crossed during the hormone drop! 2-3 more weeks and can finally get the precautionary steroid shots!!!

Anyones baby on the small side also? My little girl is on the 20th right now.

Looking forward to shopping for the gift exchange!!! :happydance: I'm really bad at budget sticking though :argh: Too many cute things baby and pregnancy related!

Hope those who were on holiday had fun!

Miss Frick (mrs) I don't know if I already said congrats but you looked amazing in your wedding pics :)

Lilfoosh, so glad you're getting past the stage of your loss and all is looking good and going smoothly now:hugs:

Drmum, hello to the fellow celt :wave:

mummy3 - Thanks I already have physical therapy appointment booked for Tuesday so should hopefully help. Hoping your baby girl keeping cooking for more and more weeks!

cmr: this little one loves to jump around right when I'm about to go to bed. It always freaks me out because in a half-sleep daze I forget that there is this little being inside me. Does yours have a schedule already? I think mine is mostly a night owl.

we bought an ameda nursing pump. Our insurance wouldn't cover the cost for one unless little one was a preemie (born before 33 weeks). I was so anxious about it and my DH said to buy one when we found it for 60% off. Looking forward to it's arrival so I can figure out how to work it and whatnot.

When I first started feeling her it was always at night. Shes mostly active at night still but I can for sure tell what her sleep patern is because she is constantly moving all through out the day too. We just want to karate chop moms crotch at night the most. Lol

Chimama, I found it useful for certain exercises and for support equipment, more so in the earlier stages. Try to take it very easy and keep in touch with your OB for options if it gets really bad:hugs:

Oh for sure this baby is a nighttime girl!! Ready for 3am raving in a few months :rofl::baby: Usually they're active when we are less active, all the walking and movement pretty much rocks them to sleep:cloud9:

What kind of things are people thinking of for the exchange? Is it baby, mom or both focused? Is it set to be there for Christmas? Sorry if these are already answered!!

Scary snowbunnie! Take it easy, I hope the bleeding stops and the doc was right about it just being a clot.

Mummy3, sorry about the strict bed rest- that must be really hard with kids running around. Having to make judgement calls about your pregnancy is really scary and hard but seeing positive reactions really helps. I hope baby girl goes along with the plan and stays put for a while yet! :hugs:

cmr: I laughed so hard about the karate chop to the vagina. This little one likes to do the same. whenever DH hears me say, Ouch!! he knows exactly whats going on and then he comes over and tells little one to stop hurting mommy or he's going to get a talking to when he comes out. lol:haha:

Snowbunnie: Hoping that the bleeding stops soon and that you are not in any pain. I don't blame you about being scared. I'd be in the same spot if I had that happen. my bleeding finally stopped a few weeks ago. now I check the TP religiously looking for anything. :blush:

mummy3: I was thinking of getting something for both. I'm not good with budgets either but it's okay. I have found so many cute items. Looking forward to Cyber Monday to get some awesome stuff.

Chimama: Glad everything is okay.

Kealz:I am guessing a girl.

I'm really not looking forward to the GD test either. My OB wants me to take it at 28 weeks so I got time to binge on cakes til then.:blush:

Phew...what a long winded reply. I want homemade pumpkin pie bu way too lazy to make it myself. If I did, I fear I'd eat the whole pie in one sitting. :cry:

Good evening ladies!

Did the gift exchange list get sent out yet, I know I was on it but I haven't been given a match yet.

I am getting worried I may have SPD, but I'm not sure. When I am out and walking/standing for anything over an hour, I get pains under my belly, sort of in the front hip-joint(?). I mentioned it at my last appointment, but I only see a nurse at this point, and she said it seemed like normal ligament stretching, and as long as I wasn't bleeding and it went away when I put up my feet, it was nothing to worry about. But it gets pretty bad. Maybe I'll mention it at my next appointment? I just try to rest as much as possible, and it's fine.

I am going to try and do my GD test on Friday. It will be my V-Day, and as much as it could lead to me needing to change my diet (I was measuring 2 weeks ahead which can be a sign I think?) I just want to get it over with. If I need to worry or not, it's easier just to know.

Also, the nurse at the appt confirmed I should get a flu shot (DH isn't a huge fan of them), but she even convinced him to get one (woo-hoo!) If he has the flu in March, and I am in labour, they won't let him in the ward if he has it... that was enough to convince him.

Hey guys sorry no I didn't get the names out yet, the weekend ran away with me. I will do it I promise!! We had some snow here this weekend which kind of flipped our travel plans around a bit, hence I didn't get half the stuff I meant to done!

I'm going to try and get something wee for mom and something for baby I think, unless whoever I match with desperately wants something specifically canadian.

Mummy3 glad you're still doing ok sweetie. I was wondering where you were!

Hello ladies! Hope everyone who's having complications is doing ok :(

I got home not long ago from visiting a friend in the next state. I slept on an air mattress instead of just sleeping in her bed like I normally do, because DH says I've been snoring terribly lately, and it slowly deflated all night. I finally gave up and crawled into her bed when I turned one way and the box of tissues I had on the bed flew down and whacked me in the face, and I rolled the other way and the corner of the sheet popped off and covered my head and refused to stay on the mattress. It was like sleeping on the floor in the middle of a big inflated valley :D Needless to say, I'm glad to be home and did NOT sleep well! It was pretty funny, though. I warned her to keep her door open because I had a feeling it would deflate and she just might need to come rescue me ;)

I was planning on a small treat for mama and a small gift for baby for the exchange. Probably something locally made if possible.

A friend of mine had SPD, and it was to the point where she could barely walk. I'm guessing it starts out milder, but as I understand it, it's pretty severe generally.

There's a fabric I've been eying for ages but couldn't think of a project for, and I'm trying not to buy fabric if I don't have a plan for it. It comes in a pink version and a blue version, and I'm thinking maybe I can make Teddy a crib skirt or something with the blue. Or a blanket? I don't know. It's so pretty, I think I'll buy some anyway - it looks like it's been discontinued and it's harder to find now, and I've been lusting after it for so long... Anyone have any ideas? https://www.joann.com/patty-young-premium-quilt-fabric-peacock-gardens-blue/12806576.html

That's really pretty fabric! I'd recommend you go for it since I like being crafty and that urge increased during the last few months of pregnancy with DD. I wonder what I'll get into this time... Knitting is my craft of choice, but honestly I don't find knitwear practical for newborn spit-up frequency. Any other knitters out there?

For the gift exchange, I also was thinking of getting something for baby and something for mommy. I see the budget as a guideline, so I won't be counting pennies (or pence or centimes).

Another week, another group of gender reveals? Exciting!

22 week bump picture :)

It has really popped this week. I have had lots of people at work commenting about it.

Attachments

• 22wks.jpg
    22wks.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
Teliana - nice bump!
MrskChicago - maybe a blanket or a sock toy? If you like the fabric you may want to make something that grows with Teddy and he can use for a while.

MrsK: You could defin. make a blanket or quilt. With a quilt you can always add onto it later to make it bigger once baby moves to a toddler bed. Or just a small blankie that little one can sleep with at night.

Teilana: Your bump is looking good!

I thought about maybe a blanket. It's not a very cozy fabric, though. I kind of wish he didn't already have curtains. I think the pattern on the fabric is too big for anything really tiny.

I knit, too (and crochet), but I agree that's it's kind of impractical for little babies. One of my best friends crocheted us a beautiful afghan for our wedding, and I shrank it and felted it when one of the cats peed on it and it needed to be washed. I did tell her when she asked what I wanted that it HAD to be washable, but I guess I did something wrong... When I think "pets and/or kids, has to be washable," I'm thinking something that can be seriously washed. She has pets, so she knows better, but I still felt awful. I'm going to have to be really careful with baby stuff, which means it just won't get used as often as I'd like.

teilana you look great!!

Snowbunnie I hope things get better

I am one week away from the big moving day and tired is not the word to describe how I feel but it must be done

I just started crocheting in the last week. It's very new to me, I'm excited by the possibilities, but limited by my current abilities. I have to learn a few more things to learn! I've been looking at all kinds of pins on pinterest, Christmas ornaments, booties, diaper covers, hats, and more!

Cute bump Teilana!! Very much popped!

Drmum, I'm still here, just! Snow sounds so much fun, we only seem to have sun!

SPD can be mild to extreme from what I can gather, depending on your joints, underlying issues and number of pregnancies. All pain should be checked out though.

I like the fabric mrsk, no clue what to do with it though! Not even remotely crafty.

Ladybrown, good luck!!:hugs:

One long day here! I keep getting this weird pain and by keep I mean like 3-4 times over the pregnancy and a few times last time. Kind of like a stitch, always on the left side and mid bump. Never did find out what it was last time. Will try asking again at my weekly scans etc tomorrow:shrug: Little guy is reacting to an animal cracker his dad didn't notice he got yesterday so very full on. Good news though is my thyroid has pretty much gone back to normal finally:thumbup:

Whats everyone upto this week? Anything special for veterans day?

Long shot also but is it ok to be around someone who has just had an MRI with contrast? My son gets one on the 21st and I want to be the one with him.

Ooh and cravings, I think I'm addicted to cake :argh: I had to explain to someone today what irn bru is and now REALLY need one:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->