2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Long shot also but is it ok to be around someone who has just had an MRI with contrast? My son gets one on the 21st and I want to be the one with him.

MRI's are probably safe for pregnant women, but its kind of an unknown not for sure thing so we recommend pregnant women only get them if absolutely needed as an alternative to radiation, therefore I wouldn't recommend you go in when you don't absolutely have to. I know you want to be with your son, but just to be safe I'd get someone else to go in with him and you be there for snuggles when it's over!

Edit: just re-read your question...being with him AFTER the MRI is over is totally fine... it's not like he'll be putting off magnetic rays or anything lol

Long shot also but is it ok to be around someone who has just had an MRI with contrast? My son gets one on the 21st and I want to be the one with him.

MRI's are probably safe for pregnant women, but its kind of an unknown not for sure thing so we recommend pregnant women only get them if absolutely needed as an alternative to radiation, therefore I wouldn't recommend you go in when you don't absolutely have to. I know you want to be with your son, but just to be safe I'd get someone else to go in with him and you be there for snuggles when it's over!

Edit: just re-read your question...being with him AFTER the MRI is over is totally fine... it's not like he'll be putting off magnetic rays or anything lol

Thankyou!!

Knowing my son, I could see him giving off the magnetic rays:haha:

I haven't had an Irn Bru in years. I know we can get them here, so I bet you can find one, Mummy.

My friend found me 4.5 yards of the fabric! I can make whatever I want and then some with that amount! I just need to decide.

We're starting our registry tomorrow. Any tips from experienced mamas? We're planning to cloth diaper and (hopefully!) breastfeed, but I'll do at least a little pumping (planning to get the pump itself through insurance). And he'll be in a bassinet in our room before he moves to his nursery.

So, I'm having some baby brained type issues sending PMs to more than one person at a time..... I did say IT was not my strong point...!

My long suffering husband has theatrically drawn our names out of a bowl and the gift exchange pairs are as follows....

Mommasquirrel and ladybrown33

Loozle and hopefulNL

Mummy3 and missfrick

MrsKChicago and cmr01

Nellylou and chrislo4

Frenchie it's toi et moi!

I suggest we PM each other addresses etc or Facebook or email them, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

And then between you agree on an amount and then it's happy shopping and mailing to get there for Xmas!

Anyone else who missed out being part of the draw just let me know and I can try to match up other people as required.

Hope that all makes sense!! :happydance:

MrsK I could get one here but its a good 40min drive to downtown, worth it though:haha:

Yay!! That's nice of your friend!! Hopefully you decide before little guy gets here:winkwink:

We have a registry at buy buy baby, half to get deals and half because its pretty much all in one place.

Thankyou Drmum:happydance: MissFrick, I'll PM in the morning, have to go separate my kids:wacko:

Can new stretchmarks be white? I've had some for years from weight gain, but I was just looking at my belly and I think there are more, and closer to my belly button. It could just be the new perspective, though. All the examples of pregnancy stretchmarks I've seen have been angry and purple, and these are white, but I don't remember the old ones ever being purple, either.

I'm not too worried about them either way - I already had some, there's no real way to prevent them, and DH doesn't care, but I'm curious about everything my body is doing right now.

Just checking in quickly to say it's V Day for my little miss! Will post properly later as I'm at the park with ds2 at the moment. Have a good day everyone!

Can new stretchmarks be white? I've had some for years from weight gain, but I was just looking at my belly and I think there are more, and closer to my belly button. It could just be the new perspective, though. All the examples of pregnancy stretchmarks I've seen have been angry and purple, and these are white, but I don't remember the old ones ever being purple, either.

I'm not too worried about them either way - I already had some, there's no real way to prevent them, and DH doesn't care, but I'm curious about everything my body is doing right now.

Yeah, they can be white. I didn't even know I had any until after the delivery last time. They were white and mostly around my bellybutton. They have somehow disappeared since, but I will probably get them again lol!

Happy V day Loozle!!:happydance:

Yeah new stretchmarks can pop up white, all mine did and then lingered.

All 5 kids off school today, fun! :argh: The one day a week they are off and both my appointments are today:dohh: Perinatology raised their age kids are allowed in the office to 14 as well:wacko:

Whats everyone else upto?

Yes on the stretch marks. I have had them come in a variety of colors. The ones from childhood are now white, the ones from weight gain are a pinkish and the ones around the belly button are a fresh red/pink color at the moment. I blame it on scratching at night.

Has anyone else experienced a slight tingling/burning sensation around your bump. I've had it happen three times in the last week. It only lasts for about an hour and goes away. I figure baby must be on some nerve or it could be from my ab muscles stretching.

Oh MrsK I keep thinking blanket for that material. I figure one side can be a fleece or flannel and the outside is the beautiful pattern. DH picked out some fleece with bears and requested (politely demanded) I make a blanket so he can have something to lay down on with baby.

As for the registry, I am using amazon since it has just about everything. I left a note that if anyone wanted to make homemade items or grab stuff from goodwill to go ahead and send it. I looked at other sites but I felt it the pricing was way off only because of where it was being sold and they always charged for shipping. Thankfully, amazon has free shipping for prime members. Also, if you haven't signed up on there yet you can get 6 months of free membership as a new mom. --I use amazon to get just about everything. or I drive to Walmart.--we call it Wally world.

Hope everyone is having a splendid day. I'm going out to dinner to celebrate Veterans Day with DH. He's been in the NAVY for 15 years.

Oh here is the diaper site if anyone is interested in making diaper covers.
https://crazywonderfullife.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/diaper-cover-with-gussets-tutorial/
I bought a ton of waterproof fabric to work with and need about 12 more newborn covers. Hooray for motivation.:happydance:

Yay for the gift exchange, I love surprises!!

I don't have any stretchmarks yet, let's hope it stays that way. I have noticed a dark line has appeared down the middle of my stomach now. I think I have started to experience Braxton Hicks these last couple of days is it too early for that?

Questions for my Ob tomorrow, baby will have an echo on Friday they say no need to worry but testing always makes me worry

Good luck for your OB appt ladybrown will you let me know how your fetal echo goes please and how long it takes etc? Mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how long to arrange my friend to care for our 4 year old etc.

So today mummy3, I'm off work as it's remembrance day, but was working overnight so am a bit tired today, plus it's cold out so I don't feel too motivated to do too much. We have quite a bit of snow and DS keeps asking if there is enough to get the toboggans out.....but I'm not sure I have the energy for that today.

V day for me tomorrow which feels quite surreal!

Does anyone else have milestone which they are counting down to? For me the next ones are
24 weeks viability
Start of third tri
Fetal echo appt on dec 1st
30 weeks
New year- 2015!
34 weeks- get past the time our daughter died
37 weeks term
38-39 weeks - delivery

Seems to make it more manageable somehow! Small steps!

I have a rotten cold :( having a cold REALLY sucks when you're pregnant and can't take anything other than paracetamol.

The stretch marks in the middle of my belly (that only appeared in the last 2 weeks of last pregnancy) are now grayish/pink. I haven't been keeping track to see if I'm getting more. My stretch marks on my thighs from adolescence are very white. My belly button has popped - not sticking out, but you can definitely see the bottom. That didn't happen until the end last time, but it's been there, done that.

My milestone that I'm looking forward to is December 18th when my parents are coming to stay for a couple weeks. I could definitely use the break from having someone else chase after DD.

How is potty training going, Nelly?

Good luck for your OB appt ladybrown will you let me know how your fetal echo goes please and how long it takes etc? Mine is in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure how long to arrange my friend to care for our 4 year old etc.

So today mummy3, I'm off work as it's remembrance day, but was working overnight so am a bit tired today, plus it's cold out so I don't feel too motivated to do too much. We have quite a bit of snow and DS keeps asking if there is enough to get the toboggans out.....but I'm not sure I have the energy for that today.

V day for me tomorrow which feels quite surreal!

Does anyone else have milestone which they are counting down to? For me the next ones are
24 weeks viability
Start of third tri
Fetal echo appt on dec 1st
30 weeks
New year- 2015!
34 weeks- get past the time our daughter died
37 weeks term
38-39 weeks - delivery

Seems to make it more manageable somehow! Small steps!

Getting a big bump (if it happens lol)
24 week viability
4D live HD scan - 23rd november
3rd trimenster
delivery

Ah potty training! It has been pretty much non-existent until this past weekend when she decided to use the potty all day Sunday and most of Saturday! I am hoping that it is a turning point. It's hard when she's at daycare though. The daycare provider doesn't have time to wait with her for 20+ minutes while she tries to go. She will sit on the potty there, but hasn't actually gone yet. I am hoping that I will be able to just take the diapers away while I'm on vacation at Christmas and be done with it. How's it going for you, Frenchie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->