2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

MommaSquirral, I itch like mad too! I swear that's where half my marks are from! The burning feeling, I get what I would describe as being like a sunburn feeling all over my torso, usually when waking up, is that similar?

Amazon is a great idea, they've got some stuff coming up on prime already:thumbup:

15 years is an incredible service! Where are you going for your meal?

I do a mix of sposies and cloth, with my first it was the old fashioned terry nappies with a safety pin :rofl: Way cuter nowadays! I love the bumgenius especially.

Ladybrown, no its not too early for BHs, if they get painful or regular its best to check it out but 99% of the time they're normal. If you have a history of preterm labor/delivery though def get checked.

The echo last time took about 45mins to an hour, so budget about an hour:thumbup:

Drmum, I just cant imagine snow anymore:wacko: Crazy considering its the natural state of the north of Scotland! Your son sounds so cute, good luck with the energy lol

I want to get to the 2nd dec, I'm booked for steroids then in preparation for delivery. After that, honestly I'll be happy to get to 28 weeks and ecstatic to get past 30. Very small steps!:hugs:

Coffeepuffin:hugs: Colds suck.

Potty training seems to be moving backwards here:wacko:

Anyone not get an outie bellybutton?

I didn't get an outie bellybutton last time. We will see what happens this time!

Happy V Day, Loozle! Mine is coming up on Thursday, I can't believe it's almost here already!

My belly button is still definitely an innie, but I have an extra layer of fat which I'm sure is helping. I don't know if it'll pop out. If I laid my hand flat over it when I sneezed last week, I could almost feel it trying to escape. It's pretty crazy.

I'm thinking about Buy Buy Baby (their prices aren't the best, but they have our stroller, and do good coupons), and a second registry will be based on what we can't find there. Probably Amazon, if I'm happy with their cloth diaper selection - that should make it easier for people who aren't local. I know there's also a small local shop that's supposed to be good for cloth diapering, but I don't know what their website is like, and I doubt anybody wants to actually go down there just for a diaper.

I wonder if I have enough fabric for a blanket and a crib skirt. A green minky backing might be nice...

We're second guessing our crib choice now, too. We haven't seen it in person yet, but I was reading reviews that say it's nice, well built, but very soft wood. I don't intend to use it beyond toddler bed stage, so it doesn't have to stay pristine, but I'd like it to last through two kids without looking too horrible, and I'm sure it'll get scratched up and chewed on.

I'd better get ready to go register. After battling the increasingly stubborn and cranky coffee machine this morning, I was about to take my first sip when the dog decided to jump over me, and of course jumped right into the mug. Coffee all over the living room, coffee all over the dog, and the half a mug left was full of dog hair. I told DH our first stop is going to be Starbucks. I just don't have it in me to go make another cup right now.

For milestones I have:

24 weeks (viability)
3rd tri/Christmas/28 weeks (when I get released from MFM- this one brings me mixed feelings)
Year End wrap up(for work!) in mid-January
March 1st...

Then I will be a happy camper. The weekly appointments have gotten me through this far, I'm a bit worried about when I don't get them anymore... but I won't get any fewer than bi-weekly so that's something.

My belly button never popped last time and I don't think it will this time based on what it looks like right now. It didn't even flatten last time, my mum was super jealous! I guess we will see.

I posted a bump shot on the bump thread, but here is it anyway- this morning at 21+2

Attachments

• 21 weeks.jpg
    21 weeks.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Mummy3, there is no history of pre term labor this is my first ever pregnancy!!

DrMum I will let you know how it goes....

My belly butto is still an innie but it's open, I can see the bottom

Milestones,
Moving in exactly one week
Echo on Friday
Thanksgiving and Christmas this year will be with my entire family
Baby shower early Feb
Then baby should be coming

Nice bump, Loozle! I like your shirt, I've been looking for some good plaid tops, but the only one I found that looks ok is this weird fakey satin. Not exactly the casual flannel look I was going for.

Oh, and milestones. I haven't really thought about it - I take them one at a time usually. I guess if I thought about it now, it would be:

V Day - Thursday!
Double digits! November 26
3rd Trimester - Still not entirely sure which calendar I'm going by, but early December sometime
Extra placenta scan - shortly after start of 3rd trimester, no date yet
And then term/full term/etc!

Potty training has been a mixed bag: some days she'll ask to go a lot and get at least a 50% success rate. But then there are days like yesterday where it seems like she just likes sitting on the potty, so she asks to go regardless of whether she needs to. Also the strain on my back of putting her on and taking her off the potty has cut into my enthusiasm to encourage her. Another reason I'm looking forward to my parents' visit!

Nice shirt, LilFooshFoosh! I am wearing the exact same one today :)

Yeah, the getting up and down off the floor is hard now, Frenchie!

Super comfy, right!?!

MrsK- it's from Walmart!! I was surprised when I saw it and it is so comfy... I saw one at Thyme that was similar, but the colours weren't as nice, and it was $40, I got mine for $16. :thumbup:

We had our home daycare lady on board when we were potty training and luckily DS was the only kid she was watching at the time as she was pregnant. I just let DS run around at home without his diaper on, we have hardwood floors so when he had an accident it wasn't too bad to clean up but, thankfully, he figured it out pretty quick. We also made sure he had a potty in the living room close by where he plays so he didn't have to make it as far as the bathroom. Sometimes he would dribble a little and then run over so most of it got in the potty. Once he got the hang of the timing we started moving the potty further from his play area and closer to the actual bathroom. When it was partway up the stairs (at the first landing) we decided he could make it all the way to the toilet and just packed it away.

We also got the Elmo's Potty Time dvd which he (still) loves and his potty would clap and sing when he peed in it, so would Mumma & Daddy. I think the biggest thing though was that he just decided he was ready one day and didn't really have accidents after that. :hugs: They will figure it out eventually.

Super comfy, right!?!

MrsK- it's from Walmart!! I was surprised when I saw it and it is so comfy... I saw one at Thyme that was similar, but the colours weren't as nice, and it was $40, I got mine for $16. :thumbup:

Oh mine is from thyme from last pregnancy. It looks the exact same!!! Our walmart has basically nothing in the maternity section/rack. :)

Potty trainers have you got the Elmo potty training app? I seem to remember it's free and they get to award themselves the badges when they go, wipe, flush, wash hands etc.

My only critique... You have to be prepared to have your phone or iPad in the washroom so make sure it's in a wipe able cover haha!

It was awesome though. DS got the hang of it in no time thanks to the Elmo app!

Nelly: while our WalMart maternity section sucks, we DO have this shirt (lol, I own it :D)

Milestones:
V-Day Friday
Dec 4: my 30th birthday
New Years
Possible small getaway in January
March 6(ish): BABY!

My belly button is still an innie, but I dunno what it's going to do, it's quite shallow.

I have started doing squats daily (I aim for 100, the highest I have reached is 60) and an equal amount of pelvic tilts. I am now adding hand weights to get my arms toned as well. It's not much (I could be doing my DVDs) but I keep telling myself something is better than nothing. I will start doing 6th month workouts which may be a little easier (the ones I am doing for 5th month are incredibly leg-intensive and hurt my hips). I'm trying to make peace with my weight gain. Squiggles has been moving a lot more the past 24-hours, which is making me forget I've gained as much as some gain their entire pregnancy lol! I'm at about 22lbs up already, goal is to not go over 40.

Nelly: were you able to get a flu shot at your work clinic? I went to Shoppers to get mine, and the pharmacist said since I'm preggo I have to go to an actual doctor's office. I'm hoping a walk-in can do it, because my GP is really far from my house (it's only 1 bus, but the route gives me anxiety).

Reaally!? Maybe it's just the walmart I go to haha. They only have tank tops, tshirts and leggings.

I am getting the flu shot at work tomorrow! Is your dh getting it there too? I have only ever gone to the flu shot clinic at work. So convenient!

Reaally!? Maybe it's just the walmart I go to haha. They only have tank tops, tshirts and leggings.

I am getting the flu shot at work tomorrow! Is your dh getting it there too? I have only ever gone to the flu shot clinic at work. So convenient!

DH said he didn't sign up, so we're going to go to a clinic tomorrow when he gets home so I can get mine too. I hope they let you have yours - do they have an actual medical person (doc or nurse) doing it? I was surprised the pharmacist wouldn't do mine. Hopefully you don't have the same issue.

Anyone drinking tea with raspberry leaf in it? I know it isn't recommended for first trimester, but I figure at 23+4 it's ok? I'm having a cup from David's Tea that came in a pregnant mother's pack, I hope it's ok.

I have an occasional cup of Yogi Mother to Be tea, and it has raspberry leaf. No problems here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->