2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

DH and I had dinner at Applebees. I went into a food coma after I got home and slept for 3 hours. Nothing like amazingly awesome food and lava cake.
The milestones im llooking forward to are:
V day~about 10 days from now
Third trimester
My birthday- Dec 9
Xmas and New Years
Valentine's day
And last but not least..little ones birth day.

This is a note to the momma's on here that are planning on Cloth Diapering. I've done tons of research and I have friends/family who have CD in the past.

Gerber cloth diapers are awful. If you bought them, return them. You can always buy gently used prefolds online. They have been washed multiple times and are proven by use. Or if you're like me and just need to have new ones go for ones with great reviews. Never get the 2 ply for your newborn..your diaper will leak. Be sure to wash the diaper as directed from whichever company you get them from. I had to wash mine several times. also, you have to use specific types of soap to avoid buildup and never use dryer sheets as it can prevent the diaper from being absorbent.

Be prepared to go through 8-12 diapers a day with your newborn. You will be washing diapers every other day so they don't get too gross. Oh yea, there are tons of resources online about CD and pros/cons to doing it.

Any momma's have CD experience from previous pregnancies? Did I miss anything?

In my stockpile for newborn I have 30 prefolds and so far 8 diaper covers. I'm going to make about 12 more just to be safe. Also making 36 reusable flannel wipes. Am I going overboard? i plan to do laundry every other day.

Mommasquirrel - I agree with you on the Gerber diapers. However, you don't have to wash every other day, you can wash every 3 days depending on how much diapers you have. You also don't have to use special detergents. I bought the GMD cotton diapers (prefolds and workhorse) and a lot of people who use them wash with regular detergent that you already plan to use for baby and make sure they sun-dry once in a while or use a little amount of bleach in the washer once in a while (this depends on the diaper material). Doing a cold or warm pre-wash in the washer before a hot wash (on laundry day) could also help to minimize ammonia build-up. An extra rinse cycle is always helpful.

A good number of people recommend a starting stash of 24 so you should have a good amount to start with.

Also I have the diaper spray (attached to toilet) to spray away the poop into the toilet till baby starts eating solids, that way diaper doesn't stink in diaper pail till wash day. If baby is EBF, you don't even have to rinse out the poop since it is water-soluble. I'll use flushable liners once baby's poop becomes more solid which would make it even much easier till wash day. However, you don't have to use either of these accessories if you don't want to.

MissFrick, it's a nurse who does our flu shots, and I had it done at work the last time I was pregnant, so they better do it today lol!

I cloth diapered my first, but I didn't start until she was about three months old. She was just too tiny to fit into the one size diapers I had and I didn't want to spend extra on newborn size cloth diapers. Plus I just wasn't adjusted to everything to have time to do that much laundry lol. We bought a bunch of different kinds before she was born, but because she was so skinny, she only fit in one brand - Charlie Bananas! I love them, and will use them again.

I had more bleeding yesterday. Went & saw my doc, they did a scan & I have a tear in the placenta, along with it being circumvallate. I now have to be monitored every week. AND I'm on bed rest. I'm very active & get bored easily, so I feel like bed rest is going to drive me crazy :(

On the plus side of being monitored every week, I'm going to end up having tons of pictures of baby girl!

https://i58.tinypic.com/2yocnr9.png

She had her hands in her mouth during the entire scan <3 My doc said SHE looked great! The placenta is the problem :(

Oh my, Snowbunnie, I hope you're ok! Do placentas usually heal themselves? I've actually never heard of this. Glad to hear your little girl is ok. Adorable!

That's shitty about bed rest snowbunnie, I'm the same and would go nuts. Can you work from home? I'm glad baby is ok and that they will be monitoring you closely. :hugs:

sn0wbunnie - That sucks! Glad they are monitoring you and baby closely.

sn0wbunnie - Hope you're feeling okay. It's good that they'll be monitoring you weekly. I heard placental tears can heal and apparently taking vitamin E can help? Not sure how much truth in that though.

Oh, how scary, Sn0wbunnie! Take it easy, and I hope your placenta heals up quickly.

I have a weird random question, if you was carrying baby in your back would u still feel kicks on your stomach?

Snowbunnie: how terrifying. I hated bed rest too. I was stuck until 12 weeks then wasplaced on light duty. I was a busy body so I can relate. Catch up on naps and remember to relax. I will keep you and baby in my prayers.

Mummysmurf: it depends. If baby is facing your back or facing your belly. My little one loves to lay against my spine but I can definitely feel the kicks to my belly and groin area.

Do you mean carrying the baby closer to your back rather than out more? Or baby facing your back and therefore kicking towards your insides rather than outwards? My opinion (and this is not scientific - just comparing my two pregnancies) is that when the baby is kicking towards your insides, it's harder to feel things. I feel like our bodies might have a built in sensory thing to stop us from feeling everything in there or else we'd be on sensory overload especially when we're pregnant! My daughter was facing out for my whole pregnancy last time and I felt every little thing. This time I have an anterior placenta and i'm just starting to feel stronger movements.

I was just trying to work it out really mum keeps sayin I must be carrying closer to back as not showing much but what gets me was with my first I never felt movements or kicks or anything all the way through and had back Labour now with this pregnancy he never stops kicking I feel it all he's trying to win a kicking contest lol n that's even with the anterior placenta :p

How does one convince DH to do birth pictures? I don't really know why I want to have them done so much, but I do. DH doesn't I think partly due to cost (since we are planning maternity/newborn as well) but his excuse so far anytine I've brought it up is that I don't like pictures at the best of times and yet I want all my bits on display in pictures that I'm never going to show anyone. To a point he is correct, there are select pictures that I wouldn't show anyone, like crowning pics or full on frontal labour shots, but there are many others that I would share.

We could have a friend or family member there to do it for free but I don't really want anyone we know to be there. I want it to be us and the midwives. I feel that if person x was there person a,b&c would be offended and I don't want to deal with that on top of everything else I'll be going through.

Hope that all makes sense cause I seem to be having an emotional day today...

If you check out Photography birth photos on pinterest, there are tonnes that are very tastefully done, and really sweet. I would only ask a photographer with a lot of experience taking these pics to do it, not a random family or friend. They know what they are doing and will make sure there are no "awkward' shots haha. I don't know if I would have birth photos done, but I do regret that we don't even have any photos from the hospital of all three of us together.

I have a photographer picked out and have done my research and what not. It's just trying to get DH on board with doing them that I am having an issue with.

I understand wanting to convince him, but it's really up to you. Have you shown him some examples of photos? I have a friend who's a birth photographer, and seeing the results is definitely convincing.

We got mostly registered. I tweaked things all night, and had a chat with my SIL just now to see what she would change. She gave me some very good advice, I think! I have a bunch of mom friends who I could ask, but I know she and I have similar plans in terms of cloth diapering and other hippie stuff ;)

I did have a crazy lady moment. We had a stroller picked out, and I liked the bright red. DH liked the darker red when we were registering, so I decided to be nice and zap the darker red for him. So I'm in bed, at 1am, can't sleep (not unusual for me), and I can't stop thinking about this stupid stroller. I couldn't stand the idea of registering for the dark red. I had to actually get out of bed to fix it. I deleted the ugly red, pulled up the pretty red, and realized I'd accidentally zapped the pretty red in the first place. Of all the stupid, crazy ways for the hormones to mess with me! Nobody even knows about the registry, nobody will be stroller shopping for us at 3am! DH thinks I'm insane now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->