2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Snowbunnie - rest up and hopefully your body will heal. I was on restricted duties the beginning of my last pregnancy but I can't imagine what total bed-rest would be like. At least you can catch up on all your TV shows!

Thought I would jump in on the countdown to baby milestone list.
V Day - 19th Nov (24w)
99 days to go - 23rd Nov (24w4d)
Dec 3rd Hubbies Birthday - (26w)
Christmas day - (29w1d)
NYE (traveling back home) – (30w)
3D scan if bubs is not engaged – Jan 3rd (30w3d)
Annul family beach holiday - 24th Jan (33w3d – 34w3d)
Growth scan - (35w)
C-Section!! - 3rd March!! (38w6d)
Our first night at home... fingers crossed March 6th (3 days old)

Snowbunnie:hugs: Bedrest truly sucks, I'm sorry you have to be on it:hugs: Is it a chronic abruption you have? I had one last pregnancy, started as a subchorionic and after 20 weeks was referred to as the chronic abruption, it was lifting the edge of the placenta giving bleeding. Bed rest helped alot:hugs: I'm stuck on strict rest too, I guess you get used to it in a way, make sure you have plenty of support, lots to read, Netflix, mini fridge!! I'm currently reading a book called 'bedrest' by Sarah Bilston, very apt! How strict is your rest? I can do bathroom, shower and that's about it, no lifting over 10lbs and only go out if absolutely needed and use the wheelchair. The weekly appointments are hard work but very reassuring:hugs:

I'll catch up in the morning, soooooo tired today:sleep:

Teilana: I was considering hiring someone or else DH and nurses will be askes to take pictures. Just make sure you meet the person first and look at their portfolio. Labor can go on all day and having to pay someone hourly or daily can be quite expensive.

MrsK. Congrats on Vday. Also dont worry about crazy lady moments. I have been having them since the first trimester and on. DH is so forgiving. Hoping my hormones go will go back to normal after baby arrives.
So I am officially dealing with insomnia. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight...
Our washer n dryer are getting delivered in about 8 hours from now. :/

Happy cantaloupe day!!!:happydance:

Insomnia is torture!:hugs:

Anyone have any new cravings? Need food ideas:haha:

Anyone have any new cravings? Need food ideas:haha:

None that I should be eating ;) Last night was a ridiculously unhealthy cheesy potato soup, and I've been thinking a lot about deep dish pizza. DH did bring home some very tasty looking grapes last night, I'm looking forward to getting into those.

How's everyone feeling? Everyone on bed rest hanging in there?

I'm off to go to some big Carters sale with my mom. She'll probably make me crazy, but I couldn't pass up baby shopping...

Happy V day Mrs k!!!

Lucky you I wish I could have washer and dryer in my apartment but since I'm a renter it's to the laundrymat I go.

I had yet another scan today and baby boy weighs 1lb 4oz, he's the most awesome baby in the world!! (I'm sure all the Moms feel that way about their baby)

Happy V Day MrsK!

Last night I had real heartburn for the first time in my entire life... burning bubbles and lumps in my chest, sort of even felt cold (probably because I ate two popsicles around 1230am lol). I hope this was a fluke, because man did it hurt!

Nelly, our V Day is tomorrow, I am so excited! STILL hasn't totally sunk in that I'm having a baby, though I must say Squiggs is moving around a LOT!

I know! Tomorrow is crazy! It's going by so fast!!! Our little man is starting to squirm quite a bit too.

I've also been getting more heartburn. I try to make sure I drink milk after I eat something because that seems to calm it down. I've only had one you mention twice in my life.... Thought I was dying!

Carters are the best, last so long and fit really well. Pretty much our entire kids wardrobes are carters. They do awesome sales:thumbup:

Is deep dish pizza different to regular pizza? Cheesy soup is yummy!!

Ladybrown, that's great growth, time is going so fast!

Heartburn isn't fun, tums, ranitidine etc can help, I hope it doesn't linger:hugs:

I'm getting a lot of cramping and pressure again, thinking I might need to go get checked. I wish V day would hurry up for me :(

Wish pregnancy wasn't such a rough ride for you mummy3. Hope all is well and v day gets here before you know it!

I've been doing really good at making dinners instead of eating out lately.... except tonight I made a cheesy mushroom soup bake... it was healthy and delicious, but I am going or my GD test tomorrow and I keep reading to lay-off carbs before the test. I hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot.

Also, I applied for a job to work from home today, just phone/online customer service. I have a longtime friend who works for the company and I think I will get the job, but it's making me pretty anxious. Also, am I being stupid applying for a job for such a short-term? I hope this isn't a stupid decision. We can really use the extra couple bucks.

Take it easy, Mummy! I hope V Day hurries up for you!

Deep dish pizza is different. It's got a deep crust, and tons of cheese and toppings, with the sauce on top. And I need a slice right now ;) https://www.ginoseast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/slider.jpg

So Carters... Turns out I'm illiterate, and her text said Carsons! I guess I had babies on the brain... My mother can be difficult to spend time with, I wouldn't have agreed to wake up early and spend all day with her for Carsons! But I was already in the car when I figured it out. Then we got to the mall, and Carsons was closed because they had a fire. Oops. We wandered around the mall while she told me all about how I should just be buying regular clothes in bigger sizes that I can wear after the baby and so on and so forth. I know that works for some women, and it's kind of okay at this point in the pregnancy, but as a fat chick, I want my clothes to highlight the pregnancy and make me look pregnant! And I sure as hell don't want them to highlight my stomach and make me look pregnant when I'm not! Not to mention, I'm hoping that I won't hold on to this baby weight so long that the maternity stuff fits forever. I'm nearly 32 years old, I think I'm qualified to pick my own clothes!!!

She also complained that she doesn't get to see my nephew enough, and she hopes she'll see my baby more often. You know, mom, maybe if you didn't constantly bombard them with unsolicited and obnoxious advice about sensitive subjects (like how to teach him to do all the things that he's a little delayed on but clearly working towards, because he was born at 28 freaking weeks), and didn't nitpick every last damn detail in their lives, and just shut up and made cookies or something, you'd see him more often. She's in for a rude awakening if she thinks I'm going to go out of my way to encourage her to spend time with Teddy, given the way she treats us... She's also still harping on about my insufficient housekeeping because two Easters ago there were rust stains in my toilet. Yeah, that really makes me want to invite you over... I could really use a drink right now!

LOL @ MrsK! You know, absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

I chose to move thousands of miles away, to another country, in part due to the lack of closeness and borderline hostility with my mother. We didn't speak often, and she would sometimes send me what I call "email bombs": emails that includes one of the classic "are you sure you should be..." "can you make an effort to..." "don't think that..." giving me advice about living and working in a country that she knew (and continues to know) very little about. It's only when I got married that my parents finally visited me and saw that I had a fully-functioning life, and that I had chosen to surround myself with people that didn't think it was their job to "fix" me.

However, when I had DD, we started talking more often, and I think my mom wised up and reflected on the poor relationship that she had with her MIL and all the unsolicited, snippy advice that she received and how it made her feel. My brother also got married and my mother doesn't see eye-to-eye with her new DIL. I have decided to be a SAHM (like my mom did) and she praises me often that I'm doing a wonderful job as a mommy. I don't think much of this would have come about if I were living closer. Distance helps put things in perspective.

Don't be afraid to put your foot down as a new mama. You and DH are the only ones that decide how Teddy should be raised, and others are there to support you and add variety to your life - not step on your toes or make you question your instincts.

Oops, long post. Summary: you're the best!

Hi! Just found out my bump is blue! Also can you change my DD to 27th March from the 31st, thanks.

I don't have a lot of time this morning, but wanted to check in! I have really bad heartburn and was just given the go-ahead to take ranitidine, I took one pill yesterday around 1 and didn't have any heartburn or indigestion for the rest of the day! Omg what a relief and it made me realized how anxious I had gotten just before eating, in anticipation of the heartburn. It was nice to eat stuff and not feel terrible afterwards. I was getting heartburn from everything though, including those things that are supposed to calm it (bananas, milk, oatmeal). I'm so glad I mentioned it at my appointment. With my DS I kept thinking it would go away or wasn't so bad but I had it for the last 3 months!

MrsK & Frenchie your mums sound like DHs mom, what a treat. :nope: I'm glad your mum eased up Frenchie and heres some hope for you MrsK: DH's mum also got the hint after a while and thinks we are excellent parents. She still likes to give her input on certain things but for the most part she has improved immensely.

Mummy3 I hope things calm down for you. :hugs:

Dear baby,

Please kindly refrain from sitting on my bladder as your making your mum ill.
P.s your loving mum

Lol I knew I'd never get through a second pregnancy without getting constipated again. I'm just waiting to hear back from docs if will prescribe me some lactulose or something :p

Currently doing my GD test. The drink wasn't bad but I was hoping it would be carbonated. Can't wait for this hour to be over so I can grab lunch. The sugar is slightly nauseating. Luckily not too bad.

Happy V Day to me and you Nellylou!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"