2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Happy Vday MissFrick! Is Squiggles bouncing around like crazy in there!? Also, good luck with the job interview!!!

Congrats on the baby boy, Lauraloo!

And being constipated is not fun. I have had that issue a bit this time :S

Hey guys! I haven't been able to get on here the past couple of weeks but just wanted to update the front page! We're having a baby girl! Team pink! :) Emma Rose is her name!

We did find out that her left kidney is swollen a bit. Doctor doesn't seem overly concerned. Suggested her first urine hasn't come through yet. Any second time mom's have any experience with this? I'm a little worried.

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows some good online sites for baby bedding? I know what theme I want. I was hoping to do like an English tea garden type of theme. If that makes sense. Green and pink colors with roses. :) I guess you could call it shabby chic?

Good luck with the job interview missfrick, work from home is a good compromise to earn a bit extra, esp if you can work it around everything so its easier on you physically. I work from home for hubbys company, its really chilled and convenient:thumbup: Hope the GD test goes well!!

MrsK, you did good keeping your patience there! Go with the clothes that make you feel good!! You are lucky that you have a nice neat bump, you should highlight it!!:baby:

Frenchie, brilliant post!!! :hugs:

Lauraloo, congrats on blue bump:happydance:

Constipation is awful!! Have you tried drinking a lot of warm water in one go? The fibre powder you add to water? Coffee? Hopefully you get relief!!

Happy V day:happydance:

I'm going in to perinatology extra today to get the once over, hoping they'll do the fetal fibrinectin test but by perinatology I'm not 22 weeks until sunday:dohh: Have to interview a second nanny first though.

Congrats ISD! Adorable name :) Check etsy for bedding. But you really don't need anything other than a bed skirt and a couple of crib sheets. Bumpers, and anything else are not safe in the crib. Although a blanket/quilt is cute for décor and can be used later on. Only saying this because it's a fortune to buy a full bedding set when you can't even use it.

Just got home from babies echo and he is a perfectly healthy baby boy!!!

Congrats on team Blue lauraloo!!!

Congrats on team pink lsd!!

With DS I had a contract job that ended when I was 20 weeks so I didn't bother looking for anything else, but I got called from the same company to come back for a 1 month contract for all of July. I took it for the extra money and it worked out well. When I decided to go back to work full time that same company offered me a permanent position. I still work there, but in a different role.

I think it is worthwhile, could be very beneficial for you in the long run. :)

congrats ladybrown & LSD! Sorry I don't have any experience with enlarged kidneys, but with the experience I do have with tons of doctors I'd say if your doc isn't worried it's a good sign. :hugs:

good luck Mummy3!

Congrats on the gender results, ladies! It's so exciting to find out :) And even more congratulations on the HEALTHY results!

NellyLou is right, all you really need are sheets. Even the crib skirt is just for looks. I did a google image search for "flowered crib sheets" and got a bunch of results - I bet you could follow the links to buy some of them.

I meant to comment on the job yesterday and totally forgot. I'd take it! Since it's from home, any chance you can keep doing it after the baby comes?

I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with a crazy mother. I just don't know what to do about her. She's a constant frustration to all of us, I've only scratched the surface of it here. There's no way I'm letting her treat me that way in front of my kid once he's old enough to see what's going on. I'm taking a long break from her, I don't need to deal with this stress right now (except I have to see her during the damn holidays). But it's going to keep being a problem forever because she just doesn't get it. She's the same way to my brother and SIL, and they're doing a great job as parents, and she still manages to nag about how they give my nephew too many baths and don't give him enough time on hard surfaces to learn to crawl (sorry, does she have a camera in their house to know this?) and so on. I wish I could move thousands of miles away! Sounds like a perfect solution...

Nellylou, you are NOT kidding about baby bedding being expensive!!! Crazy! I have been on the fence about a bumper. I have heard exactly what you've said, but also heard that it's okay. Plus the bumpers seem to be expensive so I might just bypass all that! :)

This is almost exactly what I would like, but not so expensive. Once you add the bumper it's like $666. It's $271 for just the crib sheet and skirt. Which is WAY over what we were wanting to spend. So I am just trying to figure out how to do this without going crazy! haha

Attachments

• 101-roses-for-bella-crib-bedding-set.jpg
    101-roses-for-bella-crib-bedding-set.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
$271???? That's insane! I was hesitant to commit to a crib that cost that much :p

Know anyone who sews? Sheets and crib skirts ought to be easy projects, and there's often someone out there who's dying to make something for the baby.

These aren't exactly what you're looking for, but they may be the best you can do in the under $20, mass produced and widely available range:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...244.2256251.2256266.3250132&parentPage=search

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...eet-in-pink-brown/1041944288?categoryId=32006

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...244.2256251.2256266.3250132&parentPage=family

Etsy has some that meet your needs better, but they're more expensive:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184154...sheet&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

https://www.etsy.com/listing/190607...age=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203504...age=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

If you message someone who has the perfect crib sheet, there's a good chance they could do a matching crib skirt. At least you only need one of those!

Keep an eye on ebay, too. They have a lot of floral sheets for cheap, some brand new, and their selection varies from day to day.

This sheet search is distracting me from my crazy mother stressing me out.

What about these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/SWEET-JOJO...845?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed023ec7d

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/pro...PRODUCTSEARCH||Category-_-Sale-_-NoMerchRules

Ok, I'm done now!

Haha, Thanks MrsK! :) Those are all so cute, but I think that pottery barn one is a GREAT find!!! :) You are magic! I'm glad I could take your mind off your crazy mom for a while. It's really hard not to get emotional and mad/angry/annoyed with people like that! It took me a while to get over the whole SIL incident I had. I am just now learning to get it roll off my back! :)

Congrats on the ladies who found out gender - it is so exciting! If anyone is staying team yellow, you have my respect for being so patient!

I have family drama too (I think everyone does). My mom has been "helping" me by constantly telling me I only need sleepers and nothing else for Squiggs to wear, which is starting to get on my nerves. She keeps assuming I know nothing about babies even though my two best friends have kids and I was around since day 1 helping with them. Combine that with a SIL who STILL barely talks to me, a MIL who I think hates me (although I have been repeatedly told she's just a more "stoic" person), and hormones, and I can be a total wreck. Hang in there, family stuff happens... I need to learn to let stuff roll off my back.

DH still hasn't felt Squiggles move yet. I'm big, but all belly, and not too much fluff, but it seems she's still really low and most of the kicks and punches I feel, while there are way more of them, are still well in the "where my uterus was before pregnancy" area, and often she's just jabbing me in the vaj.

Just did my first level interview, I guess I nailed it because I've been invited for a part 2. Pretty hectic since we're technically going out of town this weekend and I need to be Skype available Sunday right after lunch, but we'll have to make it work. Kind of anxious and nervous about this, but I think it's the right decision.

Congrats on the ladies who found out gender - it is so exciting! If anyone is staying team yellow, you have my respect for being so patient!

I have family drama too (I think everyone does). My mom has been "helping" me by constantly telling me I only need sleepers and nothing else for Squiggs to wear, which is starting to get on my nerves. She keeps assuming I know nothing about babies even though my two best friends have kids and I was around since day 1 helping with them. Combine that with a SIL who STILL barely talks to me, a MIL who I think hates me (although I have been repeatedly told she's just a more "stoic" person), and hormones, and I can be a total wreck. Hang in there, family stuff happens... I need to learn to let stuff roll off my back.

DH still hasn't felt Squiggles move yet. I'm big, but all belly, and not too much fluff, but it seems she's still really low and most of the kicks and punches I feel, while there are way more of them, are still well in the "where my uterus was before pregnancy" area, and often she's just jabbing me in the vaj.

Is this ur first pregnancy? Just asking as I was reading a website other day about second pregnancys. A lot of it suprised me. It said for your second you carry lower and further away from the spine, not only that apparently u experience far more Braxton hicks.

https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/changing/second-pregnancy/

Just thought I'd share it :p

Missfrick: Congratulations on doing well for the first interview. Having a flexible at home job is a dream of mine. I'm a chemist by trade but my degree is in Engineering. I stopped working in May because we were going to move to Japan in July and everything got turned upside down. by a random chance of luck fertility treatments finally worked (we tried for over 2 years) and we got pregnant. I couldn't go back to work because of all the chemicals. Now I wish I had a job doing something but at the same time it's really nice to not have a schedule. I just miss making money.

lsd: you can always make a bed skirt and bumper. It's super easy and cheaper than buying them online. Remember to get 2-3 crib sheets, use a waterproof crib sheet under the nice cotton ones in case baby makes a mess and wets through everything. If you're not craft on a sewing machine see if one of your friends would help out. =D

Talking about sewing projects..I'm having some fun with the sewing machine and made myself a diaper pattern to follow. So far diaper #1 looks good. It's so small. I have a fear that this baby might get my husbands bubble butt and if so, I'm in some trouble for these newly made diapers. lol

As for crazy family members I like to think everyone has that one special person in their family that they love but hate to have near them. For me it's my entire family. My mother badgered me all throughout high school and college about having a baby. She is a firm believer that girls should get pregnant by 17 and go on welfare having more babies every 2 years. It's idiocy in my family at it's greatest. When I was almost 30 and divorced, she told me I was worthless and would never have children because I was having fertility issues. I finally put my hands up and closed that door. It's been a lovely 4 years now and I feel fabulous. I found a real man and we have a baby on the way. It's what I worked towards and I' am so glad to have rid that craziness from my life. Thankfully, I don't have any crazy mother in laws. I do have a wonderful family that adopted me in Washington and an adopted mom that is supportive and thankfully non judgmental. So glad there are "normal" people in this world.

Ok enough of my lunacy and back to reality. How is everyone so far? anyone seeing movement from the outside? little one has been moving so much lately and I got to see a few kicks on the outside. Can't wait for more. Is everyone dealing with snow now? We are still in the 80's here and I am dreaming of some nice 60 degree weather.

With my placenta, I've barely got kicks on the inside! We had a little snow here, but not enough to stick. It can just take its time, as far as I'm concerned!

Ladies, my midwife told me 2 months ago to schedule my childbirth class. And I'm a slacker. Then the other midwife reminded me a month ago to schedule my childbirth class. I finally got around to it tonight, and guess what? I left it WAY too long! Who'd have thought the experts knew what they were talking about? ;) Most of the available classes that weren't one day crash courses ended in mid-March, or later. Oops! We almost ended up having to do one on Tuesday evenings, which is iffy because DH works some Tuesday evenings, but I finally found one that meets on Monday nights. It's a good thing I scheduled it when I did, too, because we start Monday. So if you're planning on a multi-week course (highly recommended by my midwives, as opposed to the one or two day courses), schedule it NOW! I'm damn lucky that the one that fits our schedule is convenient to us and we aren't driving halfway across the city to attend.

Interesting info Smurf, but alas this is my first. For whatever reason I'm carrying low, and she's laying sideways (is that called transverse?) so I look wide. It's really beautiful actually, just wishing that at this stage DH would be able to feel her, and she's also kicking so low there's no way to see it on the outside... Maybe I'm a little fluffier than I realized too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->