2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

MrsK, if the parents don't have a vehicle and aren't driving, the hospital won't force them to buy a carseat. It's only when they are driving.

Sorry to be a safety crazy mom, but it's not safe to put a baby in a carseat to nap if the carseat is not in the car. It won't be at the correct angle to ensure that the baby's airways are open. If you're going to a friend's house, either bring a pack and play, or hold the baby to sleep - (there are usually tonnes of people who want to hold the baby anyway!). You can also buy really well priced pop up bassinettes that fold very small and flat.

I know a few of you have been talking about getting hungry during the baby's growth spurts, but I have seriously been hungry this whole pregnancy! I was not like this last time. I have no will power and basically eat all day!

Lilfoosh, be careful, will be thinking of you:hugs: Its really good its stopped though! How are you feeling physically?:hugs: OMGOSH at the tree :argh: Even covered, it sounds like a massive headache of a thing to be dealing with! That must have been one crazy storm!!

Toddlers are always toddlery :haha: She is upset the baby takes so long to grow lol. Dec 9th will be here so fast!

Sarahbear, yeah the extra drive would make for a grumpy toddler, I hope the appointment goes smoothly and then the trip:hugs:

Its nice to have meals made for you and to have a freezer full. We did way too much fast food last time inbetween the NICU trips, so need to fill the freezer this time. During the pregnancy we got a lot of meals made for us, all 6 at that time! Same again this time, its really nice to have a community that comes together.

Sorry to be a safety crazy mom, but it's not safe to put a baby in a carseat to nap if the carseat is not in the car. It won't be at the correct angle to ensure that the baby's airways are open. If you're going to a friend's house, either bring a pack and play, or hold the baby to sleep - (there are usually tonnes of people who want to hold the baby anyway!). You can also buy really well priced pop up bassinettes that fold very small and flat.

I agree if you are talking about an infant and/or for long periods of time and you are putting the seat on the floor- you never put the car seat on top of anything (no raised surfaces or propped on a cart etc). We used to click it into the stroller... in which case it is at the proper angle and it was for short periods of time (like during a meal). An older baby can sit in the seat while it is on the floor though (infant carriers/car seats can usually last until the baby is upwards of 7 months old). We made everyone come to visit us until DS was about 4 months old! :haha:

And I definitely agree that there will be lots of offers to hold baby.

ETA: our first stroller was not rated for an infant, otherwise we would have just put him in there.

Had a good appt today. I am officially up by 22 lbs and doctor measured fundal ht at 29cm. Im supposed to be around 24cm. I now have an order for an ultrasound. I will do my gestational diabetes in 2 weeks as well. I am excited to see little one again. Last ultrasound baby was measuring a week ahead.

I know a few of you have been talking about getting hungry during the baby's growth spurts, but I have seriously been hungry this whole pregnancy! I was not like this last time. I have no will power and basically eat all day!

I've been surprised about NOT being starving all the time like I was with my first. I had a period of about a week or two early on where I was constantly hungry, but pretty normal hunger since then...

When do they start measuring fundal height? I expected it at my last appointment, but they didn't do it.

My appointment is tomorrow. Run of the mill heart rate check. Probably going to be measured for the first time this pregnancy too. After the appointment I'll be going home with my glucose for the GTT at 28 weeks. My office has you consume it at home an hour before appointment time. Thankful that I don't have to sit around the office and wait like some people have to!

My midwives unofficially check it with fingerwidth at two appointments, and then she actually measured for the first time at my most recent appointment at 24(?) weeks.

When we had DS they were adamant babies shouldn't spend more than a couple of hours in the car seat for spinal development. They should lie flat in the pram or bassinette attachment. I used the pram part of the icandy for naps at friends houses etc and loved it.

Foosh that tree business sounds like a nightmare!

Mummy3 how are you keeping Hun? Are the MFM team happy with how things are going for you? Hope it's all going smoothly for you this time :)

Mrsk thanks for your baby shower thoughts :) it feels like a bit of a minefield!

More snow here today and tonight and I'm supposed to be taking DS to the dentist tomorrow but we will see how passable the roads are..... Crazy winter weather!

Awesome news on the good appointment Momma.

GL with your appointment tomorrow Bookity.

They haven't measured fundal height at all for me yet. I have my GTT at this Thursdays' appointment, they won't give me the drink in advance, but I can drink it and then see my doc and do the scan etc, so I don't have to wait twice. And I don't know if I said yet, but I stoked that I don't have to fast this time. :thumbup:

I have my gtt Monday afternoon. My Dr measured fundal height at my last 2 appointments with her and then when we had our appointment with the midwife she finger measured. It was mainly a meet and greet appointment though and all she did was heart rate of baby, blood pressure for me and then felt my belly. I'm sure the appointment I have with them Wednesday will be more in depth and then I believe I go to every 2 weeks after that appointment :)

I go every two weeks after my 28 week appt. so 28,30,32,34,36 then weekly. Weekly might start at 34 though. I can't really remember.

Yay for a good appointment momma! When will they schedule the next ultrasound for?

I don't think I've had my fundel height measured since baby #3:wacko:

Taking the drink home and then turning up is a lot better than the wait!

Cant imagine all that snow drmum, its a heatwave here! Good luck getting to the dentist!!

Steroids are tomorrow at 8.30am now, getting nervous!! The Ffn test has been ordered too and it better be negative!!!

I get to call tomorrow morning to schedule the ultrasound. We are hoping for early next week.
I have homework to finish from my doctor. I need my birthplan outlined, hospital preregistration sent in and to relax.
So what are you making for turkey day, if you are celebrating? Im making a chocolate cream pieand cranberry sauce. I was thinking of making a bacon pasta salad but we will see. I ccan't believe its the end of November. My bday is just around the corner. Hooray for34!! Lol. Anyone else a sSagittarius?

Me too! December 4 - it's my big 3-0! AND Alfie (Daniel Alfredson, hockey player currently with Detroit after spending the rest of his career in Ottawa) is set to announce his retirement on my birthday. Pretty awesome present, only thing better would've been if he had stayed around in Ottawa for his last season.

You'll love 30, Missfrick. The 30s are so much better than the 20s! I'll be 32 this year.

Goodluck Mummy3!!!! I hope the test comes back negative too :)

I'm nervous for my GTT tomorrow, with DS I passed but it was barely! I am a healthy eater but diabetes runs on both sides of my family. I feel like if I get GD I'm stuck with it for life.

I've just gone from weekly appointments to biweekly appointments and will probably stick to those until 34 or 36 weeks. I get released back to my OB at 28 weeks! And Sunday is Vday... everything seems to be happening so fast now.

DH and I both turned 30 this year, so far so good! AH, That's next week MissFrick! I keep thinking Decemeber is so far away but it is only a few days now.

Good luck on the GTT! If they get you with the one hour, there's still the three hour.

This is probably the Most Exciting Year Ever for you, missfrick!

The end of the year is really sneaking up, isn't it? I keep thinking I have so much time til all these December things happen, and I really don't! I don't even have Christmas present ideas for anyone yet. We decided not to go overboard between us, because we'll have so many baby expenses next year, but between each other and family it's still going to add up. Especially since we're hosting...

I usually make something for my mom, and I'm totally stumped this year. We buy gifts occasionally if I have a really good idea (I think she's pretty happy with the digital frame that we can email photos to from last year), but I don't have any really good purchasing ideas. If I'm going to make something, I need to start asap.

I'm hoping that loooooong stretch from New Years to spring will be more tolerable this year because I'll have birth classes and a baby shower and nursery preparation to look forward to. January and February are my least favorite months ever. Anyone else really struggle with deep winter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->