2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Had my appointment this morning. Heart beat 150. Fundal height measured right where it's supposed to and the baby has been active.

MrsK, I know what you mean about Jan/Feb. Fortunately my bday is in the middle of Feb (and it's the big 3-0 this time!). But since I've been a student or a teacher for the majority of my life, it's the most sluggish time of the year. I'm also dreading that stretch because my parents are visiting for about a month and they leave the first week of Jan and DH starts up with classes again. DD and will have to come up with some projects and activities to fight the winter blues! I might be able to convince some friends from out-of-town to visit while we still have a guest room.

Yes, I hate January and February too! Winters here are the worst! I thought moving from the east coast of Canada to Ottawa would give me nicer/warmer winters. I was wrong! DD's bday is in February so that helps. Being pregnant at that time of the year is the worst too. Last time, we had an insane ice storm and I couldn't even make it to my car in the parking lot because it was so slippery. A coworker had to drive me from the front door to my car! Someday I would like to travel somewhere warm every February haha.

We went to Mexico for two weeks last December, and it was absolute heaven. I wish we could afford to do that every winter! I was determined to have a warm birthday at least once in my life. January or February would be even better.

I'm a little concerned about making every other week appointments in the dead of winter, but I think we'll cope. It's supposed to be cold cold cold this year again, but we can manage that if it's not blizzards every week. Hopefully it clears up enough by early March so we're not all shoveling our way to the hospital in labor!

I always question why I live in Chicago this time of year ;)

I hate it too! Two week appointments begin Jan 2nd for me, dr is 30 mins away, not looking forward to worrying about the weather all the time :(

DH just better make sure his work schedule doesn't change. No way am I taking the bus to appointments in 3 degree weather! I don't think baby will keep me that warm!

I wonder when I'll be switching to every two weeks. Maybe they'll mention it at my 28 week appointment.

This is why I chose to go to the doctor's office in my office building lol. So convenient. Yes, I have to deliver at a hospital that is 20 minutes further, but that's a one time drive compared to appointments all the time :) I don't know why I live in Canada. Winter is really not for me. I dream of spending winters in Portugal someday!

Icy winters and pregnancy are not a good mix. This I'm glad to be in San Diego for! Its a bit of a heatwave just now but a nice 70F mainly :) I remember sliding down hills in the UK trying to get anywhere lol.

Lilfoosh, I hope your test went well:hugs:

Sarahbear, sounds like everything is going great!:baby:

Doctor office in the building has to be the most convenient thing ever, very worth that extra journey to the hospital!

Lots of birthdays! The 30s are a lot of fun:winkwink:

December has come about so so fast:wacko:

I had the first steroid shot!! I think I can call this V day a bit early:happydance: Still waiting on the ffn results:coffee: Back tomorrow 8.30am for the next shot. So thankful to be able to say on thanksgiving that my baby is viable and has had the shots:cloud9: Just so long as she doesn't decide its a good time to come :grr:

Food for tomorrow, ermmmm if its not all eaten today:blush: 2 chickens, a honey ham, homemade bread, corn casserole, yams, gravy, cranberry sauce, various pies, cookies, apple cider and eggnog! Well that's what I can remember. Happy thanksgiving to everyone for tomorrow:hugs:

Sounds delicious! Make sure to save at least a little for everyone else ;)

I hate winter so much. I truly get horrible winter blahs. My birthday is in January, so I'm in the winter birthday club too!! I'll be 31 this year!

My appointment went fine today. Dr said I could do with gaining some more weight so I'll be sure to pig out tomorrow, lol. I think I haven't been eating enough at home between chasing toddlers and having a plain crappy selection of food in the house.

This is probably the Most Exciting Year Ever for you, missfrick!

Yes... moving, pregnancy, engagement, wedding, turning 30, and baby... this will be a hard year to top for sure!

I think (finally) Squiggles has moved up, had some left lower rib pain tonight, and feeling less movement in my vaginal area.

I love holiday season so much - I think I may be the only Jew who loves Christmas music and the holiday season and the look of snow on trees (not the cold from it though, haha), and the decorations in stores... I watched Elf today :haha:

I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon. It's my husbands birthday, too, as well as my brother's a few days before Christmas, so a busy time!
I've ordered a couple of things on line today for presents, and we will be going shopping in town today and then in to the city for more shopping tomorrow. It will be an expensive week, but we need to get these things done!
We are in Ontario, so obviously we have snowy winters. I'm a little worried about the drive to the midwife's office every couple of weeks in the winter, but even if one or two is missed, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm more worried about the drive to the hospital to have baby. Who knows what the weather will be like then.
Also, happy Thanksgiving to our American mommys.

Thanks, Bucherwurm :) Happy random shopping Thursday to you ;) Happy Thanksgiving to the other Americans. I know I'm thankful for a relatively uneventful first six months! I plan to gain at least 5lbs today.

I'm a 26 week lettuce today! Time is flying!

Hope everyone has an amazingly awesome day. For those celebrating turkey day give thanks for pregnancy clothes so our bellys can stretch without having to undo the top of our pants. :D
Happy feast Day!! I ate an entire mini pie by myself last night. Can't wait for the rest..
Ohh the Ultrasound will be on Wednesday fx everything is okay. Today I won't worry about it. Have a great day my bump sisters.

I'm thankful that you guys make me laugh every day- what with missfrick just loving Xmas and our US girls using maternity pants for turkey accommodation!

Too funny! Thanks guys!

I hope everyone had a good holiday! Ours was pretty fun, except that mom continues to wear her speech pathologist hat around my nephew, instead of just putting on the grandma hat and shutting up with the advice already. She also let him play with her glasses and take them off her face. I hope she doesn't think she can play that game with T. DH and I both wear glasses, and I'm sure he'll grab at them, but we want it clear from the start that they're not toys. She also gave me the third degree when she spotted me pouring a glass of wine for DH. I was holding a can of Coke, too. Would you not just assume I was getting someone else a drink while I was up? And if I did drink it, one small glass of wine on a holiday is really none of her business... She always makes holidays more enjoyable!

Everything else was good, though. Fun crowd, good food, didn't run so late that we were all exhausted, and I came home with 2/3 of a Costco sized pumpkin pie :)

Oldest daughter has had a fever off and on today and no appetite poor thing. I ate plenty though!! I missed out on a light supper at my sisters house because of my girls fever. I didn't want to chance getting my 3 month old nephew sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->