2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Today was awesome. We went to a friend's for dinner. I ate so much and then got leftovers to take home. I swear I must have gained a few pounds in a few hours.
I find that family can make the holidays interesting. In some ways I'm glad we didn't travel to see family however I do miss them and wish I could see them right now.
Bookity: hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon.
Im looking forward to next week. I can't believe its almost December.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Ah, MrsK, that is frustrating about your mom. Mine always has tonnes of advice too. It gets very frustrating as a mother at times. It might even be more annoying when you have an older nephew (I do too) so your mom probably tells you what she thinks about how they are raising their kid. Then you'll know what she thinks if you do the same thing. Also, we were very careful about not letting our DD touch my glasses, and she still managed to break them! And I'm blind (-10). Fortunately I wear contacts most of the time, but it made evenings and mornings difficult until my new ones arrived haha.

Thanks Nelly. We're pretty close to staging a mom intervention. She's the only grandparent for both our kids (DH's mother is alive and lives in Chicago, but we don't talk to her), and we want them to have a relationship with her, but not if it's gonna be like this.

Thankfully neither of us is too blind, so we could go a week without if we had to order new glasses, but I'd still really rather avoid having to replace them with no warning. If they break because mom taught him that stealing glasses is a fun game, I'm sending her the bill ;) I'm considering contacts at my next eye exam, but stuff in my eyes. Eek!

The kid was lazy yesterday, barely a few tiny kicks. Or maybe he changed position and he's kicking the placenta again. Hopefully he gets a little more wild today!

A momtervention hehe... we might need one of those! She is much worse with me than my brother. But she always told me what she thought my brother and his wife were doing wrong so I know her opinions on potty training (omg my daughter isn't potty trained and she's almost 3!), and punishing (I am firmly against spanking and slapping).

I think this guy is on the verge of popping out my bellybutton! It never popped last time, so I didnt' expect it to this time, but it's already out more than last time. Crazy! Also getting heart burn like crazy now. fun stuff!

How is everyone else doing? A lot of us are almost at 3rd tri!

After all that brown spotting last weekend, my appointment went really well yesterday. They aren't able to tell me why but everything was still measuring the same. I did the GTT and today my tummy is horribly upset... apparently upset tummy & diarrea are common side effects, blah! :nope:

I'm glad you ladies had a good Thanksgiving. Bookity, I hope your daughter is feeling better today.

I hope you get the glasses thing sorted. My mum wears glasses and DS never touched them; he cried once when she took them off, like he didn't recognize her. :haha: But neither DH nor I wear glasses so he definitely didn't have as much opportunity to play with them as your boys will MrsK & Nelly!

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad baby looks ok! My nephew has only been interested in my glasses once, and I was able to distract him, so I suspect he just thinks they're attached, too ;) Hopefully he still thinks that after being taught to play with them :p

Glad everything at your appointment went well, lilfooshfoosh! The upset tummy isn't fun though! Feel better!

Nelly, the exact same thing is going on with my navel: last time it held out, but it's on the verge of popping now. Who knows what it will look like in a couple months!

Baby loved Thanksgiving dinner! Leftovers tonight!

Most of the time now, my belly button is flat but is on the verge of popping out by the end of the day. I suspect that won't last much longer though...

Bought some more cloth diapers today along with some wetbags :) Anyone else do some baby black Friday shopping?

I'm hoping we make it to Carter's. Not sure what else we'll find, but I'm keeping an eye open.

I may be too padded for my bellybutton to pop, but if I have my hand over it, it feels crazy when I sneeze. Like it's trying to escape.

DH thinks the top of my belly button will pop soon, though I think I'm a little cushy for it to happen.

MrsK: I had a couple days last week where I got worried and wasn't feeling much movement, but I think as long as you're feeling something you're in the clear, even if it's not intense.

Me and DH both wear glasses, and I don't have contacts, so the "glasses are toys" game won't fly here.

I have gained another real 2lbs, which is getting frustrating. It seems I'm averaging 1-2 lbs a week right now, which is not going to be good since I wanted to stay at 40lb or under gain. Oh well, I am not making bad food choices, so it's something my body is doing independent of any poor nutrition... so I can't do much about it. Still crossing my fingers I don't hit 200lbs just yet (in the mornings) but after a meal (and I can't even eat that much anymore) I'm pretty close by night... here's to BF'ing and shedding the weight!

hello ladies

I know most of you would groan over this, but Im a bit envious over all your cold and winter. Its 80 degrees here in Southern California and I dont think it will ever be winter. its still too hot to wear my new Ugg boots I spoiled myself on any later in the day past 9am.. and it'll probably be a warm sunny Christmas.

So some of you are having the baby showers in December? Mine is scheduled for the 7th of February. About 5 weeks before my due date

And my belly is looking big a pregnant.. I've gained 17lbs total so far.. not sure if this is too much or just right, especially hearing about how much we are supposed to gain in 3rd tri. Im really going to try to stay under 30lbs total, but won't stress too much if that doesnt happen. If i want a shrimp burrito dammit, i'll have one :lol:

Glad that everyones Thanksgivings went pretty well.. and to think Christmas is barely a month away!! :)

I think I am up about 20 pounds from the very beginning. I'm trying not to let it bother me too much. At least I'm over half way.
I finally did my glucose test today. The drink was actually half-way enjoyable, lol. The lab person was nice, and I didn't have to wait super long to start the drink. I'm a little nervous over the results, but hopefully they are fine. I'd rather know, though. I just wouldn't look forward to the fasting test if I don't get good results.
I don't know if I posted yet, but we bought our nursery bedding set. I am planning on decorating the room from that, so it seems like a major buy. We also got our dresser for the room. I had a gift card from last Christmas for $50 and the dresser was $50 something with tax, so we only had to pay less than a dollar. I was pretty happy about that. So, now we have the crib, dresser, bedding set (when it gets here), stroller, chair, a swing that was bought for us, changing table for the bathroom used for $25, and an excersaucer and bouncy chair bought for us, and a bassinet that is loaned to us. Seems like a lot, but with the room still needing work, it makes me feel better. All the big stuff is done!

Hope you ladies had a good Thanksgiving! I worked really late on Wednesday and was so exhausted on Thursday that most of the Thanksgiving plans flew out of the window! Ended up sleeping a lot but definitely needed the rest.

On a good note, I passed my GTT test. Woohoo! I have gained 7 pounds since i got pregnant. My belly button has popped. DH was commenting how big and shiny my belly is and next thing started giving me the funny look. I think it turned him on!

I'm not really doing any black Friday shopping. We have all the big ticket items and I feel too lazy to go walking round the stores.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

I am hormonal and frustrated. DH basically won't let me buy anything new for the baby as "smart people use hand me downs"... There was a vibrating bouncer I really wanted, and it's on sale today, but forget it. If this child has to have all used things her whole life I'm going to be pissed. Nelly, slap some sense into him on Monday!!! Yes I am venting but I don't care. I was so excited about this baby and every time I want to get something for it he puts the kabosh on it. I have one diaper bag and there's another one I want if my grandma offers me one, and someone at work today told him that she never used one. Now he can't understand why I need two... Ugh I am so mad!

I'd be really frustrated with your DH, too! Some things it makes sense to buy used, but geez, unless it's a choice between the bouncy chair and the electric bill or something, he's gotta let you have a little fun. Isn't your DH the one who got all bent out of shape about maternity clothes, too? Might be time for a serious talk about his expectations of you...

Good job on the GTT test, Chimama!

And good luck on the GTT, Bucherwurm. What bedding set did you get? I can't wait to buy more baby stuff.

Swampmaiden, normally I'd hate you a little right now, but since my heat tolerance is now totally gone, I guess I'll let it slide ;) I certainly wouldn't mind it being a little warmer, though!

My shower will be mid-January, but I don't think there's a date set yet. It seemed like the best balance between getting past the holidays and not being too close to my due date.

T had some more active moments later today, thankfully. I think he moved because my kicks have moved. I know he's ok in there, and I'm feeling him at least a little every day now, but it's taking sooooo long to feel lots of movement. He gave me a good, solid bellybutton kick earlier and I commented to DH that it might even have been visible from the outside, and he was horrified. He had no idea that you can see them moving around as they get bigger! He's now terrified that he'll start seeing toes, and then he'll just burst out like in Alien :rofl: I assured him we wouldn't be seeing any actual toe outlines...

We didn't go too crazy with shopping, but I am exhausted! My poor hips... We got a few baby things at Carters that DH picked out, some stuff for him at Carhartt (plus a shirt for me that I can wear open over a tank top), then I joined him for his usual Friday dog walk job, then we got groceries, and then we stopped at Kohls. He was shocked at how sad and small the maternity section was, even though I warned him. He agrees that it's absurd to think people can just buy clothes without trying them on, especially when pregnant. No good clothes, but I got a couple long non-maternity nightshirts. They're a bit snug now, but I think they'll be good postpartum. I can wear something a little cute but still comfy in the hospital or in the early days at home if I have visitors, and they button down the front for nursing. I kind of wanted to keep going and hit Target and Joann and Lane Bryant, but I didn't have it in me. We'll probably do Costco for a new Keurig and Lane Bryant for bras on Sunday.

I read a belly button comment further up. Last time mine didn't pop; it just flattened out. It looked like an asterisk. I said that I was a star bellied sneech!

Thats cute Sara. I remember you asking when they start measuring. They usually start at your 24 week appt and some start around 28 weeks. You can always measure yourself I started at 20 weeks and was always measuring big. Hoping its just a big baby. My husband is 6'3 and I'm 5'9. I was just hoping I'd get lucky and have a small baby and easy birth.
Anyone else get biten by the holiday bug? I've been singing and humming Christmas carols all day.

Morning!!!

Sounds like thanksgiving was good for most of us!!! Bookity I hope you guys are feeling better though:hugs: Ate sooooooo much here lol:blush:

Lilfoosh, so glad your appointment was so positive!!:happydance: Hope that stomach ache is gone now though:hugs:

Swampmaiden, you are all bump so your gain must be spot on:thumbup: Cant believe how fast things are going!

My 17m old aims for glasses even without lessons on going for them, one of my pet hates and def would not want it encouraged!! :argh:

I think I'm almost back to pre preg weight now:happydance: The thyroid stabilized a month ago ish and I'm up at least 10lbs this month :rofl: Maybe another 10lbs after the last couple days:haha: Clothes feel tight now.

I tried measuring the fundal height and got just under 21cm:wacko: Where is it meant to be to and from?

Glad the GTT went well for those who've done it:thumbup:

Miss frick, my hubby can be like that, so frustrating!!!:hugs:

Hmmm for all the San Diego weather, I still got uggs yesterday in the sale :rofl: They have tartan at the bottom so claiming its Scottish heritage:winkwink: Anyone else spoil themselves?

Got a wedding to go to in a few hours, taking the wheelchair lol as hubby is worked up over the bedrest thing. MIL is going to be there and this is where it gets interesting because she doesn't know yet!!! She also has to be the most dramatic hysterical person ever so could get really interesting if she notices :rofl:

I woke up this morning too and my entire torso, back, top of arms and neck all are so tender! Like a really bad sunburn feeling:wacko: Anyone else had this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->