2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

My hubby is the opposite. Wants new things and doesn't trust secondhand. I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks here and there. He may have no choice with this little guy though. We're paycheck to paycheck at the moment and oh how I HATE that!!

Yeah, I'm glad you can relate to the perpetual warm weather, mummy3.. And you got uggs on sale?! I thought they like never marked them down lol let us know how the wedding goes and if MiL guesses the pregnancy.. Because you are totally showing!

MrsK, I see the weather reports on the great lakes region.. I'm sure after one day of winter like that, id be over the cold too!

And I don't know how to measure fundal height.. The nurse told me my uterus is hanging to the left, and that's where I feel most baby movement. The kicks come and go.. I think if they change position, its easier/harder to feel depending on how they're oriented.

Today I'm going for a private ultrasound with the in-laws.. I was waiting to reveal the gender to them until today, although pregnancy brain reared yesterday and I let the word 'granddaughter' slip out oops

And I still haven't gotten one thing yet for the baby.. I guess I'm waiting for the shower before going on any shopping sprees, but truthfully I'm still just paranoid about jinxing myself.. Kinda silly but still...

I just wrote a big long response and accidentally killed it when I hit backspace. I need to find a way to disable that on my keyboard.

Good luck at the wedding and with your MIL, mummy3. Were you planning to tell her later?

I don't think my MIL knows about the baby either. We were estranged from her for years (she's some kind of undiagnosed mentally ill, and very hard to be around), and she and DH have made very careful contact over the past year or so (a breakfast or two, and a few emails). He said he emailed her to tell her about the baby, but he's been having some email trouble with messages not going through, and she never responded, and she emailed to say Happy Thanksgiving with no mention of the baby... I have her on the shower invite list, and I know if he doesn't email her before then, the you know what is gonna hit the fan. And if I know her, it's going to be my fault, and she'll think it's a deliberate snub... It's his mother, so it's his decision (no way in hell am I putting myself back in the family secretary role with that woman), but I wish he'd send her a random "Baby update!" email or something, to make it sound like of course he thought she knew.

Bookity, my husband is similar. There are a few used things he's ok with, but he wants mostly new. And of course it's the expensive stuff, like strollers and cloth diapers, that sometimes are barely used and you can get for so cheap secondhand... I do get it, because we were both raised on a tight budget, and he tends to rebel against that, but why spend so much more on something you don't have to? Hopefully we get the big stuff at the shower and don't have to argue about it.

Swampmaiden, it's awful. I love this city so much, but please can we move it a few hundred miles south??? I hope you guys don't stay so hot it makes the third trimester a misery. Have fun with the private scan!

Hubby came around! We are picking paint and furniture today. I guess I'm just excited to get started and when he wants to take a step back I get upset... I blame the hormones!
I have no idea how to measure fundal height but o tried last night and got myself measured at 33 weeks... So I'm assuming I messed up lol!

Fundal ht is from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus. The top of the uterus feels likea nose to me and the pubic bone Iis right where my bikini underwear usually end. Its also where my baby bump is now protruding from. Best to measure laying down.
Its fun once you get used to it. Baby grows so fast in there. Im a science geek and I read about everything when it comes to babies in utero.
Anyone planning on taking a baby moon/vacation in January? I have maternity photos, and classes but really looking foward to a good relaxing baby moon.
Oh as for soreness..yes I have it all day now but mostly in my lower belly area. I think my abs are being stretched even more. Other than that I'm carrying high. Cant tell im pregnant unless you see my profile.

Anyone thinking about how to involve siblings in caring for the baby? Violet will be 2 years and 4-5 months when the baby is born. She likes to help with things and she likes babies... so I thought that it might help her develop positive feelings and interactions with the baby if I have her "help" with stuff.

Anyone thinking about how to involve siblings in caring for the baby? Violet will be 2 years and 4-5 months when the baby is born. She likes to help with things and she likes babies... so I thought that it might help her develop positive feelings and interactions with the baby if I have her "help" with stuff.

When I was growing up I remember my mom having me "help" often. Grabbing a burp cloth/receiving blanket, picking out what sleeper they would wear next, "burping" (patting on the back, even if it was so gentle nothing came up). Definitely made me not hate them/resent that they were taking MY time. Also, are you still BF'ing her? If so, and I don't know how, but there should be something you can find to do so she is "sharing" her food/comfort, not having the baby take it away from her, if that makes sense.

When I was growing up I remember my mom having me "help" often. Grabbing a burp cloth/receiving blanket, picking out what sleeper they would wear next, "burping" (patting on the back, even if it was so gentle nothing came up). Definitely made me not hate them/resent that they were taking MY time. Also, are you still BF'ing her? If so, and I don't know how, but there should be something you can find to do so she is "sharing" her food/comfort, not having the baby take it away from her, if that makes sense.

It's pretty much dry nursing at this point and she often doesn't latch properly, but yes, she's still nursing. If she's still nursing when the baby is born, I'm going to do my best to always make tandem nursing an option for her. I've heard that tandem nursing can be a great for sibling bonding.

This is my first, but I think getting older siblings involved is a great idea. I think there will be a lot less jealousy if they're engaged with the baby.

I've decided I hate growth spurts. I have another crappy headache, and I'm now pretty positive that the growth spurts are causing them. Not fun. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow. And it seems like it's also a contributing factor in the baby not kicking as much, and I want those kicks!

Missfrick, that cracked me up about you measuring fundal height.. When I last on my back, my belly looks lopsided lol so not even sure what I'd measure if I tried

And no baby moon planned here.. Where you planning on going, mommasquirrel? As for us, My Hubby is busy with his chiropractor program to the point I'm a little worried about him being on time for the labor.. Baby is due about a week before his quarter ends

But on a happier note, the private ultrasound went great yesterday.. Baby girl was very cooperative, and was awake.. We saw her drinking amniotic fluid and her mouth movements were super cute. She was reclined with an arm behind her head and one leg propped up.. My FiL had tears he was so emotional.. Its the first baby on DHs side, so they're really excited. Afterward they took us out to lunch, so it was a very pleasant day

Anybody going back to work tomorrow? I just had my last day last Sunday... SO glad to be done!

Have fun decorating missfrick!:happydance:

Swampmaiden, yup found uggs lol :haha: So glad the scan went great, that's so special, the family getting so excited :hugs: When do you plan on shopping? I hope your hubby is back on time, 1 week is close to the wire!! Yay for work being over too!!!:happydance:

MrsK hope you're feeling better, growth spurts are hard work:hugs: That sounds a nightmare with your MIL, you're right though, have to leave hubby to deal with it, in the long run its better. Mine is similar in a lot of ways, she gets very worked up about my pregnancies, the high risk but also a lot of the judgemental stuff:coffee: We were going to tell her at viability after the steroids but then the wedding was this weekend and she for sure would have made a dramatic scene! I think some is early dementia (she's mid 70s) but hubby says she's always been 'high strung'. Either way baby girl played ball and stood up the whole time lol so you couldn't tell I was pregnant:wacko: Will get a pic later. In laws huh :argh:

A babymoon sounds perfect, where are you thinking to go?:cloud9:

I've never had jealousy issues between the older kids and the new baby:shrug: I let them get involved but things just snap into place:thumbup:

Nice mummy3, glad your mil didn't suspect your pregnancy! I was wondering lol

To be fair she was very distracted, didn't realize it was the wedding day, her manfriend didn't either and wasn't able to rush down in time and she has vision issues:coffee: There was an awkward moment though, one of the bridal party came over and asked about my baby, she was def looking at the belly and I pointed her to baby Alasdhair :argh: Que the rumor going around I lost the baby and no one said anything, had to go around saying otherwise later:wacko:

Are you off looking for the uggs?:winkwink:

I'm glad you managed to hide it, mummy! I think I'm going to solve our in law troubles with a generic holiday letter that talks about the baby as if we think she knows about him.

We already had our babymoon, but maybe we'll spend a night in a local hotel or something. Or one of those fancy pool suites so I can take the weight off.

I'm feeling much better today. Headache is gone! I got terrible sleep, though. That seems to be the theme lately.

That's a really good idea MrsK, do you guys do a letter each year or will this be an exception?

Do the pool suites have a pool in the room? That sounds soooooo good!!! I think I'm starting to talk hubby into a night away, its our anniversary soon anyway.

That's good the headache has gone:hugs: Lack of sleep doesn't help.

I got a pic, excuse the messy bathroom and the pre make up knackered look:wacko:

Attachments

• IMAG4178.jpg
    IMAG4178.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 16
Oh, you're right, you can barely tell! Amazing how differently we all carry!

We don't usually do a holiday letter, but it'll be a good way to make sure MIL knows without it looking like we waited til six months to tell her. And there are a couple other relatives who I think would appreciate an update and who aren't on Facebook.

The pool suites do have a pool in the room. It's amazing! It's supposed to be a big sexy thing, but damned if I'm paying all that money to have sex that I could have for free at home when I could be swimming ;)

I picked up some lavender oil today, I'm hoping it'll help me sleep, and I've heard it's good for headaches, too. We got a new Keurig, too, before the sale ended, so hopefully my mornings will be less frustrating! This one doesn't just have a timer, it also has the power switch on the front, instead of tucking it in back where it's hard to reach.

It's been quiet today! Hope everyone is feeling ok :)

I'm 5 foot 10 so she had room to stand up:baby: Little bit unnerved by the lack of showing but have a growth scan at perinatology on Tuesday and so far she's been on the small side but not majorly. Today she's laying sideways so big bump again:haha:

That's a good idea, adding in the other relatives too so it doesn't seem directed just at MIL:thumbup: It'll be a nice project to do too!

:rofl: So true! Get the smaller room, enjoy room service instead and then go swimming back home lol! I found a hotel with In room service mama to be massages, maybe broach that with the hubby:cloud9: Mines said if he gets his freelance work check next week he'll 'consider' so I'm thinking that's man for probably :rofl:

Lavender is lovely, I have a friend that does a lot with essential oils and she swears by peppermint for migraines. Enjoy the keurig!!! How are you with coffee? I absolutely love coffee, the stronger the better and for taste not just a wake up, its so hard to cut back! More so now there's so many flavours to try!

It is quiet, hopefully everyones having a quiet restful sunday:hugs:

https://sybaris.com/ Pretty cool, huh? I hope you get a chance to get away for a night.

I'm pretty good with coffee. I have to have my morning cup, and I like it bold, but I usually only want the one cup. I occasionally have a second cup if we're out, or do a cafe au lait so it's only half coffee. I thought maybe I'd go off it, but I still like it just as much.

Very nice!!

Weirdly I go off tea but not coffee, pregnancy is a weird thing:baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"