2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Thanksgiving was great with friends and family!!! I love eating so it was perfect to me, lol

I don't really want any hand me downs but since returning to Boston I've been given two shopping bags full of clothes since my return to Boston. What do I do with this stuff?

I went shopping on "Black Friday" big mistake I was hot tired sweating and ready to leave after 45 minutes and deals aren't that great if you don't need electronics

Can you donate it somewhere if you can't use it? I'm not sure how you'd deal with anyone wondering why you never used the stuff they gave you, though...

I have considered charity but I'm not sure if they would notice maybe keep a couple pieces and donate the rest. After all some things still have tags on them so they may not recognize them even if baby wears them.

I have considered charity but I'm not sure if they would notice maybe keep a couple pieces and donate the rest. After all some things still have tags on them so they may not recognize them even if baby wears them.

Is it all boy stuff? If not, I'd gladly take it lol!

Mummy3, I don't know how this is your 6th and you're practically not showing, I'm on my first and am HUGE! Like my uterus just knew what to do and took over, haha! I know you had some thyroid issues at the beginning so I'm actually sure that wasn't fun and maybe you'd prefer to show more, it's insane to me that you say your girl flips around and some days you're showing and some days you're not, I feel this one moving all the time and I am always showing 100%!

We are looking into going to a bed and breakfast up in Cape Canaveral for a few days in late January. I'm just waiting on DH to put in his leave request so we can book it. The room we are looking at has it's own spa tub and there is a full breakfast in the mornings..I can't wait.
Swampmaiden: I'm glad to hear the US went so well. There is nothing like sharing something so precious with close family members.
Mummy3: Glad that you got to avoid any drama with the MIL. Being tall has its advantages. I'm 5'9 and most of the time the baby likes to stand up and my baby bump is nearly non existent but then BAM it's there.
Anyone else noticing baby moving a ton more? Of course, I had some OJ and then there was lots of movement and DH was super excited about feeling and watching baby move.
MrsK: a holiday letter sounds great. I think I'll try to make one too. I was thinking of doing an announcement letter thats mostly written up and then I'll send it out a few weeks after little one arrives.
I get really sleepy during growth spurts and then the unbearable hunger hits me. I noticed this evening that baby is actually near my rib cage. I can feel a light tapping and then I get sore on one side or the other.
Ladybrown: You can always drop off the clothes to a shelter that cares for new moms or donate to goodwill. I bet there are plenty of places that will take gently used clothing. Or you can keep the stuff just in case, it's always good to have things you don't mind if baby will stain. Like bibs, shirts, onesies. Then after a few months if one of your friends end up pregnant you can offer them to her. It's nice to have a stockpile just in case. =) If you have any nuetral stuff you can just stick it in my baby box. =) I'm so excited to mail out presents. I think I will end up mailing them out in a week or so. I just need to wrap up everything. =)

I didn't go shopping on black Friday. I'm mostly a homebody so i'm usually on the net looking for awesome deals. it's cyber Monday!! Can't wait for amazon's baby deals. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm excited about the gift exchange, too! I bought the baby half of my present today, I just need something for mom now :)

A weekend at a B&B sounds lovely! So relaxing!

I'm definitely showing all the time now, but there are days when I show more or less depending on what he's up to. I know it's probably worrisome to not show much, but I bet we'll all be super jealous of Mummy's weight recovery come April.

I may donate some of the things SIL gave me. I don't think she'll mind one bit, she got some baby stuff that wasn't to her taste, either, and didn't have any qualms about returning or donating it. Thankfully we mostly have similar tastes, so there are only a few things on the "eh, not too fond of it" list.

Noticing more movement here too. And been so damn sleepy lately, I wonder if a growth spurt would explain that??

My bump is pretty small, barely there in the morning, but by the end of the day it's pretty decent. Though I still seem to carry all of my babies pretty close, I've never gotten very big. I'll have to find my last picture of me with DD2, because that's the largest I've been.

My babies are not wanting to wake up in the morning and neither am I, but it's completely screwing up bedtimes, so I'm going to have to suck it up and drink more coffee I guess. I feel like such a horrible parent when others seem to have it so easy with schedules, I can't seem to make them work.

Hope everyone is having a good day and had a good weekend!

ladybrown, feel free to send some clothes my way!! ;)

Mummy3, I don't know how this is your 6th and you're practically not showing, I'm on my first and am HUGE! Like my uterus just knew what to do and took over, haha! I know you had some thyroid issues at the beginning so I'm actually sure that wasn't fun and maybe you'd prefer to show more, it's insane to me that you say your girl flips around and some days you're showing and some days you're not, I feel this one moving all the time and I am always showing 100%!

To be fair, she IS showing lol, I've seen her in person, and she has a definite bump!

Mummy3, post a pic of your bump from the side lol no fair with the picture straight on lmao :)

I woke up so late today but there are still lots of stuff online. Here is the link for the baby stuff on sale for cyber Monday
https://www.amazon.com/baby-deals-p...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1990255382&pf_rd_i=5550342011
Hope it works. There was some britax items on sale and more.

I started sweating badly last night even though it was not hot. I thought night sweats started after baby arrived. :blush:

Happy December!! It just occurred to me that all our ladies will be in the third trimester before the new year. :happydance: So excited. I remember one of the moms said she might have baby sometime in December....who was it?

Sending good vibes to everyone today. I may make a trip out to Walmart today to look at some stuff on sale but the lazy part of me doesn't want to get out of my PJ's. Honestly though, I don't want to get tagged in peopleofwalmart either because I didn't change out of said PJ's. :dohh:

Anyone else shopping online find any good deals?

Sneaky! ;) I bet sitting down helped to hide it from MIL, too. I just look fat when I'm sitting.

Little dude is definitely more active today. I guess the growth spurt is officially over! I tried lavender oil and got a new pillow, in hopes of actually getting some decent sleep, and I think it was a little better, but then Little Dog went and woke me up before I was ready.

Bookity, I don't even have kids yet, and I'm finding it impossible to stick to a good schedule. Take it easy on yourself, growing people is tiring!

Lol swampmaiden its an up and down bump, Saturday even from the side you cant tell:wacko: Today right out there and getting comments:haha: I'm almost at pre pregnancy weight from the thyroid so will get bigger now! So weird not gaining a lot, usually its huge amounts!!

Mommasquirral, I think it is a tall thing, we should all get some bump pics in here:baby: Cape Canaveral will be lovely, not long now:thumbup:

Ladybrown, maybe ask the people who donated to you if they mind what you do with the clothes? That or just keep one or 2 bits.

So hard to resist buying things in the sales!

Bookity, schedules change:hugs: Do you think its the darker mornings?

People of Walmart :rofl: I'm weird and always make sure to look smart for Walmart for this reason too :rofl:

Oh no MrsK!! I think I'd cry!! Actually getting to sleep then having to get woken!! What was up with your dog? How many do you have? We have an elderly rescue English bulldog, got her 3 years ago now, she was basically left caged up for breeding :( Now she pretty much spends her days sunbathing:cloud9: So good with the kids too:thumbup:

I have a good chance of December delivery, def will not get past January anyway so might be me, I think a couple other moms here have later preterm/ early term deliveries in the past too.

I was a total idiot today. Hubby took the car to work and our regular nanny is on her honeymoon and the temp doesn't have a car. Long story short my 17m old needed his steroid meds, we were out and I had no choice but to walk and get them. About 3-4 miles :argh: Agony now, lots of cramping and going to get into so much trouble at perinatology tomorrow! Little guy needed though, he's having a bad reaction from getting butter on thanksgiving, bad hubby :grr: so lots of projectile barf and wheezing. He comes first. He goes for endoscopy and colonoscopy on Wednesday and need to get as good a biopsy as possible. I'm so worried they're going to do the J tube :(

Oh crap! That's way too much walking, even though I can't blame you. Maybe you can find someone who you can call on to help out if it happens again? A local friend or relative?

We have two dogs, two cats, and a snake :) Both dogs are mutts, one is medium (45lbs) and one is kind of smaller medium (30ishlbs). The little one is kind of a pest, we suspect she might be part terrier. I let her live this morning because she had to go out, though. Sometimes she's just annoying for the sake of being annoying, but they're usually both good about letting me sleep in. I am never again adopting a dog under 40lbs, though! Never ever ever! They'll all be in the 40-60 range - big enough to not have the small dog habits, but small enough that I can lift them! I'm glad your girl is enjoying her retirement! Poor baby :(

Mommasquirrel I did consider putting a few things in your babybox....

The rest once I decide what I definitely want is up for grabs I did think about just passing it on to the next person in line.

I have a definitely noticeable bump at times I wish it wasn't. Baby is doing this stretching thing more often. I call it stretching because I can feel baby on both sides of my stomach at the same time it's most definitely stretching.

Besides me growing my hair and nails are ridiculous right now.

If anyone is really interested in some of this stuff let me know

That stretching doesn't sound fun!

I don't mind the extra hair and fingernails, but I could do without the chin plucking and the out of control toenails that are getting harder and harder to reach ;)

Yes! The hair!!! Thyroid left me with thin head hair but everywhere else is heading very very fast into yeti territory:nope: Toenails, yup should probably sort them too, the joys! Its really hard to keep everything neat:blush:

Small dogs are not my cup of tea either MrsK, I mean they are super, super cute but with kids its got to be a dog that wont get squashed lol. Our Maddi is the most easy going dog, very easily kept happy :) Snakes are so cool!!! You have a busy house there!!

Little dogs can be so high strung, can't they? And it's harder to train them because people think fierce little dogs are so cute when they do things that would get a big dog in trouble. Which can be tricky if you're adopting an adult dog instead of getting a tiny puppy. And I know I don't have the patience for puppies, so it's gonna continue to be adult dogs. Oh well. I complain about her, but she's a sweet little snugglebutt and I love her. She's also enjoying her tenth nap of the day while I'm still awake :p

To add to the animal talk, I have two dogs, Basset Hounds, and two cats. The dogs are 2 and 3 years old, and the cats are rescues at around 8 and 6 years old. They sometimes drive each other crazy, but we love them. The dogs are definitely the babies, and we keep telling them that they are getting a new baby sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->