2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Jus trying to catch up on everyone's updates!

So, we went into MFM today for the joint appt with fetal cardiology and MFM. Baby echo was all perfect but to be thorough they will now see me every 2-4 weeks or as needed to monitor baby's heart. Then we went down to peds cardiology and DS had his appt and his echo done, both of which were also perfect and they will see him again in 5 years or as needed.

So, a loooong day of hospitals but all good news, and now I am sooo ready for bed as I'm exhausted but wanted to share our good news with you all. Whilst we aren't out the woods yet, I think we are a long way of the way there....!

And now to bed!!!! Will catch up properly tomorrow :) night all!

Mummy that's far to walk in your condition. Hopefully that won't happen again anytime soon.:hugs:
I'm so with you about the hair and nails. I am going to get a pedicure with my husband at the end of January and some waxing as well. I'm half Portuguese and I'm sporting sideburns and the start of a very weird mustache. :blush:It's so embarrassing, hence why I don't leave home often. The chin hair, my god!! I swear they started a colony that's starting to spread.:saywhat: I stopped plucking everyday and now do it right before my doctor appointments. It's insane. These are things that are not written in what to expect while expecting. My leg and arm hair are growing at such speed that it almost looks as if I'm trying to transform into Sasquatch.:blush: Trying my best to keep up with trimming and shaving but I know that there will be a time I will just have to ignore it. Please let me have kind nurses that don't say anything to me. I know my little one is going to be hairy. All my nephew and nieces had lots of baby fur. It was weird when my best friends daughter was born and I was like, where's all the cute baby fur? She looked at me like I was crazy. :wacko:
So for the best purchase of the day. I got a convertible car seat for little one. It was down to $79.99 from $189 so I am happy. :happydance: DH was surprised. Still trying to find a reasonably priced jumparoo that's safe to use in our place. I wanted a johnny jumper but we don't have any hallways that could support it and I'd hate for it to fall if baby jumps a little to vigorously while in it.
I'm so anxious for Wednesday now. I just want to see this cute little baby on the screen again. 36 more hours.. lol, yes I am neurotic enough to start a countdown. :winkwink:

I have this mole on my arm just at the crook of my elbow with a single hair sprouting from it. I keep forgetting it's there until blood draw time, when the nurse is staring intently at that particular square inch of skin... My nephew had baby fur because he was early. He looked just like my brother because they had matching sideburns! It was cute but hilarious.

Great deal on the car seat! Hope you have a good ultrasound. I have one in a week. I'm pretty confident that my placenta will have moved, but a little nervous.

Ha! I'm almost a jumbo bag of chips! Sounds less painful than a watermelon, at least!

That's excellent news DrMum! Very happy for you all :hugs:

We have 2 dogs, a westie (9 yo in Jan, 17 lbs) and an english springer spaniel (8 this past Oct, 40 lbs). The westie is DH's and the spaniel is mine, but they are both ours, if that makes sense! :haha: I'm not a fan of small dogs but I have always had big dogs so ours is trained like a big dog- I totally agree that some people don't train little dogs properly just because they are small (cats get similar leeway that bigger dogs just don't get). They are both fantastic with DS as we prepared them from puppies to deal with the pokes and pulls kids can inflict.

We had our company Christmas party last night and it was ok. DH and I weren't really able to get enough food as we weren't fast enough or willing to give up our table (it was appetizers and they got swarmed as soon as they came out). But then one of the waitstaff came over with a plate for me! She said she heard a rumour there was a pregnant lady who kept missing out on the food. Haha, pregnancy win! The waitstaff was the best part of the night, it was lovely.

I always wonder if little dogs get extra attitude because they've realized they're so little and are meant to be wolf size:haha:

What kind of readiness do cats need?

Drmum that's a brilliant update!!!:happydance: When is your next check?

Mommasquirral, the yeti/sasquatch challenge IS ON :bodyb: I'm trying to keep up but needs to be literally every other day minimum!! Also hairy babies here too:haha: Its cute!

Woah that was a bargain :O

Wednesday is tomorrow!!:happydance: I have big growth scan at perinatology, very curious to see how much the estimated weight will be.

I hope your placenta has moved MrsK:hugs: Was it a full previa or very close?

Littlefoosh, that's def one of the perks:haha:

Ha! Excellent waitstaff, Foosh!

Mummy3, my placenta was just barely in the c section range at my 20 week scan. It was about 1.5cm from my cervix, and the internet generally says it has to be 2cm away, though I don't know the specific policy at my office. And it's anterior, so odds of it having moved that last half centimeter are very high. I'm not really freaked out about it, but I'm getting kind of anxious to check. I don't like the uncertainty.

The little dog (Clementine) let me sleep in! Woohoo! She's back in my good books for now ;)

I'm not entirely sure about preparing cats. One of ours I know will stay clear as much as possible, unless the baby ends up being the warmest thing in the house when she's super cold ;) The other cat is pretty tolerant but knows to keep his distance if he doesn't like something. I think if they can put up with Clementine, they can put up with Teddy. Generally, rather than readiness, I'd focus on making sure they have a safe place to retreat and making sure they're never unsupervised with the baby.

Tomorrow is our hospital tour! I can't wait! DH has a cold, so I hope he's feeling better, or it's going to be a looooong day for him. He has work, then he has to walk a dog, and then the hospital tour.

I have no idea how to prepare my pets. I have a 7lb dog (she's actually not yappy or nippy, but she IS bold around larger dogs - she thinks she's a pittbull), and we have a 14lb cat who I have already found napping in the bassinette and on baby clothes... the one lucky thing is that DH had him declawed when he was a kitten (I know, it seems cruel, but I'm pretty happy it was done now - not my choice DH had him for 8 years before we met) but it means he won't be able to scratch at the baby.

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted!

missfrick, my brother and SIL have two cats and they liked to jump in the baby's crib so they laid tin foil down in the crib and the cats were scared of it! It worked for them. :)

We have our first baby class tonight. It's only a two night class (two hours each night) and we get a tour of the birth center. I'm really excited! I wonder if they will show any videos. I have a feeling it may be an eye opener for my DH. :huh:

We have a little 14lb dog and we really aren't too worried with how he will be. He has been around some friends kids and our niece and nephews so much and he is so good with them. He is not yippy or nippy at all. He is actually pretty mellow for a small dog. But, I will say...he is the most spoiled dog I know...he is our baby! :shy:

Anyone else know much about the Baby Brezza Formula Pro? I saw it on the home screen of bnb website and looked it up. I know a lot of you mommies are planning to breast feed, but just wondering if anyone else has looked into it. I think it looks pretty amazing!

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted!

missfrick, my brother and SIL have two cats and they liked to jump in the baby's crib so they laid tin foil down in the crib and the cats were scared of it! It worked for them. :)

We have our first baby class tonight. It's only a two night class (two hours each night) and we get a tour of the birth center. I'm really excited! I wonder if they will show any videos. I have a feeling it may be an eye opener for my DH. :huh:

We have a little 14lb dog and we really aren't too worried with how he will be. He has been around some friends kids and our niece and nephews so much and he is so good with them. He is not yippy or nippy at all. He is actually pretty mellow for a small dog. But, I will say...he is the most spoiled dog I know...he is our baby! :shy:

Anyone else know much about the Baby Brezza Formula Pro? I saw it on the home screen of bnb website and looked it up. I know a lot of you mommies are planning to breast feed, but just wondering if anyone else has looked into it. I think it looks pretty amazing!

That looks very similar to the one i purchased, the tommee tippee perfect prep machine :p I'm unsure though if the brezza one u put the formula in yourself? It doesn't say, with the tommee tippee one u do it yourself which I wasn't aware of until it arrived.

I'm planning to breastfeed, but I sure wouldn't mind a formula mixer like that if it doesn't work out. It's like a baby Keurig!

A friend of mine really struggled with nursing - bless her heart she tried soooo hard. Anyhoo. She now uses the baby brezza and it's awesome. Kind of like a baby keurig or margaritaville maker! Someone should invent a joint baby formula/ mom cocktail mixer on the other side!! Now that would sell!!

Looks like the growth spurt from hell paid off ;) Here's my end of second trimester 26+5 bump!

Attachments

• IMAG1523.jpg
    IMAG1523.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 13
Nice! Mrs k you have the perfect pregnant lady look!

Thanks DrMum! I'm really enjoying letting it all hang out for once ;) I didn't realize how blurry that photo was on my phone, though!

Wow MrsK that is an awesome bump!!! Pregnancy is meant for letting it all out, enjoy:happydance: Good luck for the placenta check, I bet it has moved but not knowing is never fun :hugs: Eek!! I hope your hubby is going to be up for all that!!

7lb pitbull :rofl:

Hopeful, I hope the class is very informative for you, birth center sounds lovely too, what kind of amenities does it offer?

The formula gadget looks cool! I'm going to breastfeed but if I wasn't I would be very tempted. Are you guys going straight to formula?

I'd buy the cocktail mixer:haha:

I had my growth scan and cervical length, Doppler etc at perinatology. Mixed news, cervix is stable:thumbup: Baby is measuring below the 10% though, I guess that's why I'm small, est weight at 1lb 3oz. They want a high protein diet, I need to go study it and figure out a menu. There was issues with resistance so I have to get that checked a lot too now as well as getting labs. I had HELLP and full eclampsia with my first and each pregnancy has a 25-50% of happening again, it didn't for the next four but apparently the hyperthyroid increased the risk again. One thing after another:coffee:

Alasdhair's scopes tomorrow, gonna get me plenty burgers from the mcdonalds there:haha: Whats everyones latest cravings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->