2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I agree missfrick. I don't know how much activity affects results. Drs offices administer this test so many different ways. I don't fast, take my glucose drink at home an hour before my appointment. So I'm home, dealing with kids and getting ready to leave so obviously not sitting on my butt doing nothing. I guess as long as you stick with your offices standards of measurement it's the best thing to do.

I suppose thats true enough... I just figure in real life we are constantly moving around so we're normally burning our blood sugar compared to the artificial environment of sitting quietly for an hour waiting for the blood draw. But no matter what, its always best to follow the doctors advice, because as much knowledge or experience we may have on these threads, none of us are qualified to give out medical advice

Yeah SM not trying to argue, I'm sure moving around probably did nothing to affect your results. Just that you called it "cheating" and really it's not a test you want false results for.

Ladies, is it bad that the nurse told me to lay off carbs and I baked muffins? Lol I figure one for breakfast is okay, her point was not to snack on them constantly (crackers, cookies, etc). She never said I couldn't have, like, toast for breakfast...

I would interpret that as easing up on carbs, not cutting them out altogether. I think you're ok to eat a muffin, just not 20 :)

yeah I guess cheating wasnt the best word choice lol I just hope the GTT test works out for her... because its not like we dont all already have a million things on our minds concerning our pregnancies!!

as for the muffins, could be dangerously tempting to have them in the house but you could always just go for a walk afterward ;)

You could freeze them. That way you have to really want one to eat it, because you'd have to pre-plan to get it out of the freezer and let it defrost. Or maybe you'd just develop a taste for frozen muffins.

Luckily for me muffins are not a weakness (the chocolate chip cookies were another story, as are crackers). I can definitely be happy eating one muffin a day and not feel I need to eat them all! (also, I put a hershey kiss in the middle of 6 of them for DH, hope he appreciates the surprise)

Momma squirrel you know what I would do... I'd take a champagne glass and have my orange goop out the nice glass, take a pic of it and post it as my FB status telling all my friends they owe me a proper cocktail in a few weeks!!

Happy birthday in advance and cheers! :D

I wish I had the choice of walking around. They have me sit in a small room with a TV. I took in a small bottle of water to sip on so I wouldn't puke. Altogether I probably had less than a tablespoon of water in an hour. I'll plan on doing the same for the test tomorrow. It would suck to get sick and have to repeat the test again the next day.
I am going to have such a hard time if they tell me to change around what I eat. I'm seriously addicted to carbs. cereal, crackers, toast, cookies, cakes and candy. Did I forget to mention candy?? lol I guess 3 months on a restricted diet won't be the end of the world but man I'm going to miss the sweets. I feel bad for my DH.
He called me to check in and all I did was cry and complain. He didn't know what to say or do. He said I just need to be strong and everything will get better. Then I went into full destruction mode and yelled. I think the combination of pregnancy hormones, stress and being alone makes me one super crazy lady. I'm also a bit jealous he is in the same town as my really close friends/family and I am stuck here. Praying god will give me strength to just bite my tongue the next time he calls. I swear I feel like I'm the devil sometimes and I can get so mean when I lash out.
I hope everyone else doesn't have these types of rage spells. If so, I completely understand. Though, my friend going through menopause just had a major meltdown earlier so maybe I can just say it's just part of being a woman and having all these lovely hormones that can either make us happy or completely batty.

I put a hershey kiss in the middle of 6 of them for DH, hope he appreciates the surprise)

Ah, newly weds! My husband is lucky to get a cheese sandwich thrown in a paper bag.....

mr frick is a lucky man, and don't you let him forget it!!! :wedding:

You're pregnant, you're supposed to get ragey once in awhile ;) It's easy for people to say "Just be strong and deal with it" when they're not the ones actually making the sacrifice, you know? If it's so easy, he can go on the special diet with you. Giving up carbs can be difficult, especially if you're having any other pregnancy related food issues.

Eurgh so much to catch up on!!!

Mommasquirral :hugs::hugs: I'm really sorry you didn't pass, I hope the longer test goes better and you pass and don't throw up and have to do it again :argh: I couldn't handle the diet:blush:

Mmmmm muffin!! Tried sugar cookies the other day, they're yummy!

Swampmaiden that sounds like a huge stress! Hopefully its all sorted and stays sorted so you can keep the stress down!! :hugs:

How's everyone been?

Its been a crazy few days here, my little guy hasn't been well, long story short, he has an ear infection. SO for that we have to open up amoxicillin capsules, add water and syringe them as he cant have the regular child medicine due to allergies. He's lost a lot of weight from formula refusal the last few weeks and the Radys childrens urgent care sent the message to the EoE clinic and we were there this afternoon. Tomorrow at 3pm he goes to the GI clinic (his regular GI at the EoE/allergy clinic is out this week) and is having the NG tube placed again. Before that I somehow have to get to my appointment and collect kids from 2 different schools:wacko:

Happy Birthday Mommasquirrel! GL today, maybe you could just take a nap?

Mummy that sounds rough :hugs: Poor little guy, he sounds like he is really strong though. I hope you are able to find a treatment plan that works for him.

Thank goodness for wifi. Just started the testing at the lab and now waiting to see if I can drink the orange flavored drink. Hoping the nest 3.5 hours pass quickly

Good luck mommasquirrel!!! Did you bring a good book or anything to occupy your time?

Happy birthday to yoooooo, happy birthday TO yooooo, happy birthday dear Mommaaaaa, happy birthday to yooooo!!!

(Now let's all be grateful you couldn't really hear that!)

Good luck lovely! Hope the next couple of hours zip by

Happy birthday.
Good luck with your test today. Must be getting closer to being finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->