2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good luck and happy birthday! Lets hope you get the gift of negative results :)

Mummy3, hope the little guy is doing ok!

I'm off to my ultrasound to see if my placenta has shifted up, but I don't know if the tech is allowed to tell me anything really, so I may not find out til my midwife appointment in a week. DH was wondering yesterday exactly what this ultrasound was all about (even though I've told him a couple times), and when I mentioned that if the placenta hasn't moved it would mean a c-section because I could hemorrhage during birth otherwise, all of a sudden he started taking it very very seriously. He works in veterinary medicine (he's actually had discussions with my nurses about what kind of blood vials they use during my blood draws, the big dork!), so I'm surprised he isn't more interested in all the medical aspects of the pregnancy.

Good luck to you too then MrsK!! I hope they do tell you, or that you can see the screen yourself at least.

I think if they make us do the 3 hour GTT they should make it worth our while... like a 1 hour massage and a mani/pedi while we wait! That would make it way easier to cope with.

Happy birthday and good luck mamasquirrel!

Good luck MrsK!!! and have fun seeing your little man :)

I agree lilfooshfoosh! I could really go for a massage!!!

Good Luck MrsK!

Also, maybe you can help me with this: Is "Chicago style" popcorn really a thing? I had a bag of it over the past 3 days, and it's delicious! Cheese and caramel popcorn mixed together! Highly recommended!

I'm done with the test and now waiting for the results. I'm hoping the nurse calls me today or tomorrow. I would have killed for a massage and pedi during my wait. The test actually took 3.5 hours. I had an initial draw to check my blood sugar to see if it was too low/high. Thankfully it was just right so we didn't need to hassle with calling the doctors office. I was so nauseated beforehand and even had a serious bout of MS before I left the house. I told the tech but he said it's okay and gave me a trash can just in case as well as a warm blanket. It was nice. I saw a lot of random people and I got to brag about little one. One person was so concerned about the possibility of my DH not being around for the test. It was an older guy who was a grandpa and he even gave me his business card saying he or his wife could always drive me to the appointments if needed. I was so shocked but in a good way.
When I left I went straight for food. Why does it feel like eternity when you're hungry? I mean it only took them 15 minutes from the time I sat down to get me food but darn it, it felt like a lifetime while I waited.
Mummy: does little one tolerate the antibiotics better that way or is it just the last option they have for him? I couldn't imagine the stress you must be dealing with all the medical stuff. How are the other children? do they have any health issues? Also, how are you and your little bean? Are the doctors still forecasting an early arrival?

Also, Thank you all for everything. you all made today so much better. Now, I'm going to pass out for a bit. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

MrsK, that's a great report!!!

MommaSquirrel, hope you get good news soon as well! And Happy Birthday!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yay mrsk!!!:happydance::happydance:

Glad you survived mommasquirral:hugs: Happy Birthday too!!!!:cake: Enjoy some treats before you have to think about results!!

Have to go to my OB soon, appointment in less than an hour, then to get little mans tube. Medicines in other ways he will react to, he's taking it ok now and seems better ear wise:thumbup: The other kids have all inherited my EDS1 but they're not as affected in this way like little man. Yeah baby will be early, we know that much, just when! I'm still holding out for 28 weeks and 30 would be great!!! The Ffn is due again this week :argh: Hopefully its negative then 28 is in sight!!!

Anyone getting a lot of sickness again? 3 Zofran this morning and still feel like hurling:wacko:

Glad to hear the 3.5 gtt test went as well as could be.. And very sweet of grandpa stranger to offer rides!

Seems today there's lots of appts..Glad your placenta moved too, mrsK.

I had a repeat u/s today since last anatomy scan they didn't get a good look at spine. So spine is great, baby is already head down, cervix is 4.1cm, HB is 150 and fundal height is 27... So all is super good... And I'm in double digits of days to go now too!

Mummy3, I really hope you make it to 30 weeks at least! How do the doctors know? Did I already ask you if you wait for a test result or to just go into premature labor? I have no brain anymore lol

Glad you got good news at your appointments mrsk and swampmaiden. You must be thrilled!

Hope you get good results mommasquirrel, fingers crossed. Hope you had a good rest of your birthday.

MissFrick, Chicago style popcorn is a real thing here, though I prefer just cheese. Mmmm, cheese popcorn. Yum... It's good in the bags like you probably got, but it's really extra delicious when it's fresh from somewhere like Garrets. Usually I get cheese and DH gets Chicago mix and I just steal an occasional bite of his caramel corn. Like an extra salty Chicago mix :)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! I was pretty confident that it would move, but I'm relieved to hear it! I'm glad the tech was able to tell me. Baby's still breech, but I'm not worried about it, I think he moves around now and then.

I hope you get your results after you enjoy your birthday cake, MommaSquirrel ;) Glad the test wasn't too horrible.

Our ultrasound tech keeps giving me face shots instead of profile shots, which are a bit funny in old 2D scans. This time she said he was blocking his face because his fist was in his mouth. So cute. He looks like a stuffed animal in the shots she gave me, so I guess Teddy is an appropriate name ;)

Attachments

• 27 week teddy scan.jpg
    27 week teddy scan.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 12
MrsK: Have you heard the teddy bear song done by Elvis Presley? I keep thinking about it when I hear the name teddy now. my little one loves listening to it. I wish I could find a version of just vocals only without the instrumental. My husband sings it at night.
Anyone notice that your little one automatically stops moving the moment you grab your camera to record them? For the last few nights it has happened and I really want to catch little one moving so I can show it to my friends who keep asking. ..maybe I'll have to wait a few weeks for the baby to get bigger. I'm just being impatient today.
I had a good nap and then a nice quiet dinner. Hope everyone had a good day.

MrsK: Have you heard the teddy bear song done by Elvis Presley? I keep thinking about it when I hear the name teddy now. my little one loves listening to it. I wish I could find a version of just vocals only without the instrumental. My husband sings it at night.
Anyone notice that your little one automatically stops moving the moment you grab your camera to record them? For the last few nights it has happened and I really want to catch little one moving so I can show it to my friends who keep asking. ..maybe I'll have to wait a few weeks for the baby to get bigger. I'm just being impatient today.
I had a good nap and then a nice quiet dinner. Hope everyone had a good day.

Thats a good song not heard it in a very long time :D

Great news momma and mrsk!!

A good day all round girls! Well done for surviving everyone!

Mummy3 hope the wee one is doing better and hope you feel better too soon :hugs:

I always have music playing on my laptop when DH is at work. Good idea on the teddy bear song, I'll have to add it to the rotation!

So embarrasing but I will tell you all. This evening I was trying to trim up since I haven't bothered in a few weeks and I couldn't see myself at all because my bump was in the way. Thank god for the little safety features on quad razors. I'm too tired to grab a mirror and check but wow...I don't think I will be trying that one again anytime soon.:blush:

I think I will just plan on visiting the local spa for a wax in a month. :cry:

I'm just thankful DH wasn't around to see me trying to do yoga poses in the bathroom to reach behind my knees and such.

Oh yea, is anyone doing a baby box for their little one? It's like a memory box. You write a letter to the baby and seal it in an envelope. You put baby's first hair cut stuff in there along with other small items like, first lost tooth, hospital bracelet, etc. I think I am going to order a custom made box with babies name and DOB on it. I saw it on some random website and now I can't stop thinking about it..of course it's almost 4 am and no sleepy time in sight. Maybe I should have skipped that nap earlier.. oh well. Hope everyone has a magnificent day!!

Momma, we did a book for DS and we have another book for this one- with pockets and places for pictures and stuff. DS has 2 books, the one with all the written info and little tidbits plus a photo album of his first 3 years (I made it for his 3rd birthday). He calls it "his story" and occasionally pulls them off the shelf for us to read. I am determined to write up as much this time around as I did for him since I am the second child and my baby book was pretty void of information.

It was really nice for us too because there was lots of stuff we had forgotten about. And DH and I wrote about the birth separately so we each got to see how the other person experienced it.

We have a memory box for the baby we lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->