2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Mrs K, did you have your ultrasound yet?

I just got home. All I know is what I could stealthily read off of the tech's screen, at a bad angle. I'll know more in a day or two when the midwife calls. From what I could gather, his femurs are still in the 6th percentile. The rest of him looked like it was mostly in the 30th, but there were a couple measurements in between, no idea what they were. Overall, he's measuring about two weeks behind. I didn't get all his percentiles last time, only the femurs, but I guess if they've stayed the same, he's growing at the rate he should? I hope... I'm not liking this small baby business.

And he's breech again. So either the midwife was mistaken last week, or he's still somersaulting. I guess I should take a look at Spinning Babies. Between the position issues and the small femurs, I'm getting worried I may be looking at a c-section, but I'm probably overreacting. It's been a crappy day overall and DH and I are both in a bad mood, so it's hard not to just assume the worst.

Oh, hopefully the midwife will give you good news. Don't worry about the position too much. Lots of time to move still!

Thanks. I'll probably be more rational about it tomorrow. I slept badly and our coffeemaker is broken, and I don't do well with exhaustion these days. The picture she gave me is less terrifying than usual, though!

Attachments

• IMAG1729.jpg
    IMAG1729.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 17
I hate it when they tell you nothing at scans mrsk! Especially caffeine deprived pregnant women...!!
I'll be thinking of you getting your results, and also hoping you get a new coffee maker to help with general life! :hugs:

Tomorrow I have the next NST and BPP at the maternofetomedicine unit. It always stresses me out to go there, but I always feel better afterwards. Ho hum. Just a few more weeks to make it through....

You'll do great, DrMum. I bet you'll be relieved once baby is here.

I'm back in the land of the rational. I'm hoping the midwife calls tomorrow to say he's just a little guy. I'm going to look into Spinning Babies and decide at what point I'd consider things like acupuncture to get the little twerp pointed the right way. My midwife was very confident that he was head down last week.

We finally got around to trying some car seats in our tiny car, and found a nice infant seat with lots of nice safety features that doesn't leave me sitting on the dashboard. Of course, it's $300. Ouch!!! And I have a shower outfit I'm happy with. I had a boring dress, went to see if Motherhood had a clearance dress I was eying online, didn't find it, but did find a nice long skirt that goes well with a lace top I've been wanting to get more use out of. I took a photo to show friends, that doubles as my (slightly delayed) 32+5 pic. And we took the Keurig back to Costco for an exchange. I guess the timing was good because it came with a bunch of K cups and I just ran out. Maybe this one will last two months, too, and I'll never have to buy coffee again ;)

Attachments

• 32 plus 5.jpg
    32 plus 5.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 14
LOL Nelly, no I think he will get the point in February, when if he keeps not getting the things we need I will just go out with my mom and charge them all... I want him to be a part of things, but really things are becoming pretty overwhelming...

I think for me it just kinda hit that our baby will be here in 7 weeks or less, and I'm kinda shitting my pants about the whole thing.

Gave up on the scale, I'm on track to gain at least 50 and there's nothing I can do about it...

I hope he comes around soon. I'd go out and buy without DH if I had to, too. You don't want to leave stuff too late.

I NEED everything purchased by the first week in February. We have a crib, dresser, bassinette, clothing... the necessities we definitely have lots of them... but I want to be as prepared as possible, and she needs diapers that's for sure

Oh, I'm glad you at least have most of the big necessities! All we have is clothes and a few diapers and toys. And a little bouncer.

I'm going to paint some swatches in the baby's room today. We have two different shades of teal that we're considering. I think I'll prefer the lighter teal, but we'll see.

We've got to buy at least a crib and a dresser. Also a conversion kit to make our girls cribs into full size beds. DH and I will be switching rooms with them as their room cannot fit 2 full size beds. So a lot of moving things around. Obviously, not something I can handle without help. But I think we have in our heads what needs to go where now. DH is off on Friday and if the weather is ok we'll be making some purchases then. It just NOW occurred to me that the conversion kit (and possibly the crib) may take 6 weeks to arrive and I've only got 9 left!! Cutting it close!!

My sister brought over some things for baby yesterday, baby's first clothes! I've got two wonderful friends who have offered to send me some of their baby boy things. Also just ordered some clothes from target yesterday. Breathing a little easier that I've done SOMETHING now!

I'm going to paint some swatches in the baby's room today. We have two different shades of teal that we're considering. I think I'll prefer the lighter teal, but we'll see.

We went with the lightest teal and it was still pretty dark for a nursery, it's a great color and you have to consider whether the furniture will be white or dark... have fun, we enjoyed picking the color for ours!

Glad Teddy seems to be okay, at least he's healthy even if he's small. Hopefully you get more answers soon!

The furniture is kind of medium light, but the whole room won't be teal. It's a bright limey green over the chair rail, just needs a different color for the bottom third of the room :) I think teal all over would probably be a bit intense!

I looked up what 30th percentile birth weight at full term would be, and it's about 6 3/4lbs, which doesn't seem too tiny. Smaller than DH and I were at birth, but not by more than a pound or so. It made the 30th percentile bit a lot less scary, I just want to know about the femurs now! I'm resisting the urge to start measuring DH's legs ;)

The furniture is kind of medium light, but the whole room won't be teal. It's a bright limey green over the chair rail, just needs a different color for the bottom third of the room :) I think teal all over would probably be a bit intense!

I looked up what 30th percentile birth weight at full term would be, and it's about 6 3/4lbs, which doesn't seem too tiny. Smaller than DH and I were at birth, but not by more than a pound or so. It made the 30th percentile bit a lot less scary, I just want to know about the femurs now! I'm resisting the urge to start measuring DH's legs ;)

I don't understand how is that small? My daughter was 6lb 5 wen born and that's not classed as small and it's not that big of a difference.

It isn't, really. 30th percentile is considered normal, it just surprised me to hear until I looked up what it actually translated to. His femurs are in the 6th percentile, though. Quite a big difference! There were one or two measurements in the teens, too, but I didn't see what they were. 30th percentile would be great if all of him were there...

Dr. Mum- how did it go?

MrsK- super cute outfit! I am glad you are feeling better after caffeine. Fx that your midwife is more reassuring. Amelia is in breech now too so I'm going to start looking into spinning babies if she is still breech at my scan next week.

Frenchie- that is so nice that your government gives you a check for baby stuff. I mean I'm sure you pay for it and then some in taxes but it still is nice to not have to worry about baby gear funds.

I got my shower invitation today for the 31st. It's cute with pink and then pink and white stripe on the back. My sister and Aunt are the main organizers and they asked that people bring a children's book. I was hoping to get some cleaning done today but it was cold and the dogs were soooo snuggly lol. I at least did some laundry though.
Oh and here's my 29wk bump photo on my wedding anniversary - we went for lunch at the place the wedding was at.

Attachments

• 29wks.jpg
    29wks.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
You look great! Happy anniversary :)

There's nothing like a pile of dogs on a cold day. Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy anyway?

I didn't hear from the midwives today, so I'll call tomorrow. This is my fourth scan at this imaging center, and only one of them has actually been sent over to the midwives, and that's because I mentioned to the tech that the previous two hadn't been sent over. Kind of annoying, but it's not an emergency situation or anything, at least.

Thanks girls, it was good today. Scan was first and they made an effort to show me the baby moving round and give me a pic, rather than just the usual cold clinical get you in, get you out. Non stress test afterwards actually proved quite stressful as he just went to sleep and wasn't moving round! The nurse in charge of the unit came and looked after about 15 minutes, demanded to know if I'd had lunch, and announced "this baby is starving". It was hilarious, she brought me a muffin and an apple juice and the baby took off like rocket!
So, it was all good. Moral of the story, eat lunch before these appointments! Or take a coffee or something I guess!

Missfrick: Just buy things every time your at the store. Look online for diapers that can be delivered. When my friend had her baby I ordered diapers from amazon and had batches delivered twice a month. What are some of the things you need that are left on your list? Are they small things or big items? Maybe you can get some of the items from a thrift shop so they are not too expensive.

I'm doing okay. Felt really weird most of the day with tons of pressure down in my cervix area. Even spotted a little but it went away a few hours later. DH thinks it's my body preparing for little one. It's scary yet exciting to think in as little as 4 weeks I could have a little one to cuddle with. I have been crying on/off for the past few days. I feel like I don't have enough time to clean and get everything done. DH has tried to be supportive and keeps telling me to breath and know that everything is okay. It's odd because I've never felt like this before. It's almost like the anxiety the day before a huge exam.
Other than that, I packed part of my hospital bag and I'm getting my vacation bag ready. I'm so ready for a vacation and I'm hoping it will relax me. I don't like being a nervous and anxious person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->