2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Thanks for the name support! We aren't telling anyone we know personally, so it's nice to be able to tell you guys. As for spelling, I figured "Annabelle" is easiest (just Anna and Belle), and I think it looks more complete vs "Anabel, Annabel, etc". I also like a long first name, as most of you know from FB baby is going to have a short last name so we can get away with it.
I am still working, but I was part time before, so I feel like I can handle it just fine. I am planning on going until Feb. 28 which makes me 39 weeks :wacko: Hopefully everything goes fine. I told my boss that and to have a plan B just in case. My cousin's baby came at 38 weeks and just 2 days after she finished work!

My plan is to have the window as an eye. We are doing grey curtains over it.

Haha me too MrsK. Good plan though Teilana! I wouldn't think of that.

Bucherwurm I meant to say I liked both the girl names you mentioned in your post.
Always good to have a plan B just in case :)

I went out for yarn for a baby blanket and stopped in Old Navy. Lots of cute baby clearance, I got Teddy a little gray coat and a warm hat, and a little Halloween bat hat (for 50 cents, I had to!) and some cute dinosaur socks for my nephew. I've been waiting my whole life for baby clothing shopping ;) I'm completely exhausted now, resting up on the couch now.

DH brought home a whole bunch of paint chips, so if we can't decide from what we have, I'm just painting it all white and giving the dogs a box of crayons...

Here's a 34+2 pic. 40 days left! He's riding so low, no wonder it's getting harder to walk.

Attachments

• IMAG1763.jpg
    IMAG1763.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
Molly86 - I'll be finishing work on Feb 13th as well and would be 38 weeks by then.

I've stopped working two months ago due the risk associated with this pregnancy.

My legs feel so heavy it's like they weigh 100lbs each but I read somewhere that it's just my body getting ready for labor, but it doesn't make it any easier when taking walks or just doing things around the house.

Ladies, I hope you're sitting down, because I think we solved the Great Paint Debate. Most of the art in the soon to be nursery is local stuff we've picked up here and there over the years. I was looking in at a Chicago flag print that's in there, and thinking Chicago blue worked decently with our green. I suggested it to DH and he thought it was The Best Idea Ever. I'd probably still go teal if left to my own devices (blue in general isn't my favorite color), but I like the bit of civic pride, it's a decent pairing with the green, and I'm happy with one of us being in absolute love with it. And I want it DONE! Now I just need to find some Chicago red accents. He's going to look up the official color code dealie for flag blue and get it color matched in the morning.

This is the print that inspired me: https://scoutmob.com/p/Chicago-Skyline-Print

And this is "our" green with a different blue: https://susanweinroth.typepad.com/a_little_bit_of_me/2007/05/cloudless_carol.html

Well done, MrsK! Both sides of my family are from the Chicago area, so I am definitely for civic pride. Maybe you could knit some red stars, but it might be hard to find a pattern for 6-pointed ones. I made a bunch of these (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stjarna) this year for Christmas ornaments, so I'm wondering if I can convert it to a 6-point. I love a challenge!

Those would make a cute mobile! I'll have to see if I can find a pattern, or maybe just sew some. I have a blue, gray, and green fabric for my rocking chair cushions, but maybe I'll find something more Chicagoey. I can use the other fabric for something for me.

34 week midwife appointment tomorrow. Going to have to share my concerns with her about the amount of BH's I keep getting, it seems like far too many. And my groin/pelvis/lower back is in CONSTANT agony :(

Also my heartburn/reflux is REALLY bad now. I've had enough.

I tried to adapt the 5-point star pattern to be 6-points: it turned out as a mess that looks more like an octopus than a star. I guess it depends if you're a detail kind of person or not if you want the stars to be flag-accurate. Still, I really like the color combination.

CoffeePuffin, hope all is ok. My groin aches have really ramped up recently, too, but still no BH that I know of.

Haha! Octopus stars, sounds fun! We just spent an hour on the computer trying to pick a shade of blue because apparently there is no official Chicago flag blue :p So we have one that looks good, hopefully it's flag reminiscent. I just want it painted! I'll see how flaggy it looks and go from there on little red accents.

Mummy, knitting just depends on your personality. Some people are naturals and take right to it, and some people try to learn from good teachers and just can't manage to get it. I have a friend who's so incredibly talented at so many crafty things, and she describes knitting and crochet as witchcraft because she just can't manage them, but I caught on in one lesson. The only way to find out is to try, but it has the potential to be very easy if you have the knack for it.

How did all you guys learn to knit and crochet? Is doing a night class the best way or how should we go about it?!

I'm always super impressed with crafty people!!!

My ex's mum taught me to knit, and I learned to crochet from a book - I wouldn't have been able to do it from a book if I didn't already kind of know how to interpret random yarn drawings from knitting. There are tons of videos online these days, though, so that's as good a place as any to start. If the videos don't do it for you, a class is probably good - once you get the basics, you can teach yourself the more advanced stuff. Some people are great at knitting and terrible at crochet, some are the opposite, so if one isn't working out for you, don't be afraid to try the other.

CoffeePuffin - hang in there! You are almost at the end. Even though it is difficult, try and rest as much as you can. Hugs.

Eep! My SIL who is 34 weeks may end up having her baby in the next couple days. They think she may have been leaking since Friday and her water possibly fully went this afternoon. They were going to get it checked out and update us all later.

She's only half a week ahead of me, kinda is making me freak out a little bit! Especially after the minor swelling that has shown up this weekend! Good thing I was planning on stopping off after work and picking up some cloth diaper detergent so I can start prepping diapers since the dresser is in baby's room just not setup yet.

Good luck to your SIL! 34 weeks isn't ideal, but it's really not bad by early baby standards. Hope you get your diapers prepped quickly, I'm not looking forward to washing mine a billion times before use.

Hope all goes well with your sister in law Teilana.

I tried knitting when I was a teenager and gave up right away. In November I picked up crochet and I love it! I'm sure I could knit too now as I've got a bit more patience than I did in my teens.

Oh, and I took no classes. I just got a notion to start crochet and a mixture of YouTube and online tutorials took me from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->